OT: FBI has reportedly arrested several NCAA basketball assistant coaches. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: FBI has reportedly arrested several NCAA basketball assistant coaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

scoobydoo

1977 & 1974 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
Looks like Adidas offered a 2018 recruit $150k to go to Miami.

And a school with Nike (or UnderArmor) offered his a ton of cash, allegedly.

Negotiating? or is a Nike school dirty too (could be UConn or SU???)

Reaction Score

Q. You were asked about Louisville on Thursday on a couple different occasions but from a more global perspective, obviously they’ve had competitive success in a number of sports since joining the conference, but the issues with the foundation, the basketball investigation, their involvement in Wakeyleaks – do you have any concerns about Louisville’s ability to be a good citizen in the ACC?

A. There have been some things that have happened there, and elsewhere, you know. The Wakeyleaks thing was two institutions and then a third to some degree. But no, I think Louisville has been and is and will be an excellent addition to our league. From my chair, you don’t ever want to see those kinds of issues anywhere, but they happen. Because individuals go down the wrong path periodically. But in terms of the athletics leadership at Louisville and the changes they’re making institutionally and have made in terms of the university’s foundation – it wasn’t the athletic foundation – that’s all been addressed and addressed very emphatically so I think Louisville will be a long-term good and prominent member of the league. You look back over our league’s history we’ve had a number of schools at one time or another that have had problems or issues that are outstanding institutions that have made tremendous contributions to the league. But you’d like not to have any of those issues.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Dear lord, I don't ask for much. The occasional late free throw, good health for my cats, continued growth in the value of a few investments I've made. That's about it.

But lord, if you're out there and you're listening... I'd really appreciate it if you could burn Louisville to the fn ground.

It's been a long, long time since you've done some Old Testament-style smiting, my friend. And you should know that people just love the classics.

So that's all I ask, lord. Get out there today and be your best self. Smite away.
... and if you, in your wisdom, choose not to smite them with your righteous fury, may I humbly suggest that you might just owe Sodom and Gomorrah an apology?

Reaction Score
So there's 7 schools involved, right?

4 named:
Oklahoma State
Auburn
Arizona
USC

2 unnamed but likely known:
Louisville
Miami (FL)

Who is the unknown (I believe they're named University #4)?

Reaction Score
Somehow Kentucky is going to skate on this.
Not an Adidas school. Right now this appears limited to those schools who had involvement with this Jim Gatto. Nike/UA schools likely wouldn't be talking with this guy at all.

Reaction Score
So there's 7 schools involved, right?

4 named:
Oklahoma State
Auburn
Arizona
USC

2 unnamed but likely known:
Louisville
Miami (FL)

Who is the unknown (I believe they're named University #4)?
U #4 is Arizona. U #2 is USCe which shouldn't surprise anybody given Frank Martin's background.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom