OT: FBI has reportedly arrested several NCAA basketball assistant coaches. | Page 17 | The Boneyard

OT: FBI has reportedly arrested several NCAA basketball assistant coaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I'm hoping the NCAA was notified last night to preserve all communications and financial documents under a wide ranging umbrella. Disappointed if they didn't figure out a pretext to march in with a search warrant.

These are basketball coaches, not the Mob. There is no code of omerta with these guys. They are all going to sing, and loudly. If they came storming in with warrants, everyone may clam up and hire lawyers. By just letting it hang out there, people will come running to them.

Reaction Score

Goes on to say it'll make headlines and that it isn't just about Pitino

What's are the chances they picked up some information related to NCAA football recruiting?

Reaction Score
What's are the chances they picked up some information related to NCAA football recruiting?

I think slim.

The dirty recruiting worlds of college football and college basketball seem to be pretty separate from one another.

Reaction Score
One of the more mind boggling things about all this is we've always known about the existence of bagmen in college sports, but it's totally crazy that there is now documented proof that the bagmen are actually international athletic apparel companies.

Reaction Score
UL has a good football program with a heisman winner. It's never gonna happen.

I'm tired of hearing Louisville is good at anything. They are good cheaters and nothing more. Garbage in the big sports, garbage arena deal and garbage academics.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Louisville announcement - we have just been informed by the ACC that our membership in the league has been revoked. Any future questions should be directed to Susan Herbst and AD Dave who are en route to North Carolina to sign paperwork
:eek:

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score

Slim. Most of the evidence is said to be hidden audio recordings. Most of the power players in football have such deep southern accents that you wouldn't be able to make out what was being said on the recordings, and thus would not have any evidence that would stand up in court. :D

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
Louisville announcement - we have just been informed by the ACC that our membership in the league has been revoked. Any future questions should be directed to Susan Herbst and AD Dave who are en route to North Carolina to sign paperwork

First sentence ... huge . Second sentence ... im feeling awfully blue. You tease.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Where it gets especially interesting is when a guy like Book flips on Miller to save his own skin.

Try imagining how many shirts Miller has already sweat through today.
What did it say? Tweet is unavailable

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Personally, the question 'why would a Connecticut kid want to play basketball in Alabama' has been answered for me.
I recall a huge uproar for calling Heron a bum in his thread because his behavior was so transparent. As usual the BY high horses couldn't believe what was being said.

I hope this puts the "shoe companies and AAU don't matter" senior citizens to rest.

Last edited:

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
These are basketball coaches, not the Mob. There is no code of omerta with these guys. They are all going to sing, and loudly. If they came storming in with warrants, everyone may clam up and hire lawyers. By just letting it hang out there, people will come running to them.

Sure. There will be some who will be looking to cop a plea in exchange for singing like a canary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom