OT:. El Tigre with the DUI | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT:. El Tigre with the DUI

Reaction Score
Do you think his dad's passing lead to him having four back surgery's and two ACL surgery's? The last two years Tiger was healthy he finished 1st and 2nd on the money list.

Why is this so hard to understand?

Reaction Score
Do you think his dad's passing lead to him having four back surgery's and two ACL surgery's? The last two years Tiger was healthy he finished 1st and 2nd on the money list.

Indirectly, yes. That's when he started with the fantasy combat training stuff. Word is that his first ACL tear was a direct result of doing some sort of jump training.

Reaction Score
Indirectly, yes. That's when he started with the fantasy combat training stuff. Word is that his first ACL tear was a direct result of doing some sort of jump training.
He had tissue removed from his left knee in college, and in 2002 had fluid removed from his ACL area in the same knee, and then tore his ACL in 2007. There was lingering and on going issues with the ACL for a long long time. Oh and he won 5 out of 6 tournaments playing with the torn ACL until he did surgery in the offseason.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
So, Tiger's car was pulled over and he was asleep in it and didn't drink and they still bust him?

Maybe just get the guy home

If they did that for everyone, sure. Im all for policing with compassion and common sense. But they wouldnt do it for me, they would lock me up, so lock Tiger up.

Reaction Score
Scummy move. Once Tiger realized he was out of it he removed himself and others from danger.

But I agree, my neighbor had same thing where he pulled into a town park and slept and got busted too.

Apparently if you pull your keys out they can't arrest you because they can't prove you are driving. tiger should have done that.

If they did that for everyone, sure. Im all for policing with compassion and common sense. But they wouldnt do it for me, they would lock me up, so lock Tiger up.

Reaction Score
How does someone have that many serious injuries and destroy their body from playing golf. He swung hard but that doesn't seem to explain it at all.

Reaction Score

His personal life though?

Reaction Score
The one thing that I'm not aware of re: Jack is whether or not courses were redesigned to "Jack Proof" them. It certainly seems unlikely that Tiger wins another, but you never know. jack won his last major at 46, and a few years ago a circa 70 year old Tom Watson was in contention for the British Open. Again, it's dubious with how he's played lately, but the odds wouldn't have suggested Jack or Tom's play during those two events.
Now, let's say Tiger Proofing courses cost him 1 or 2 majors. If he's one or two short of Jack, that's still short. But, it makes that stretch of dominance that much more impressive. Hell - the Tiger Slam was insane. Has the equivalent been accomplished in the men's tennis game? ...a sport that historically sees a greater level of domination by the top for short durations?

Federer probably would have calendar slammed from around 2005-07 if that weren't also the rise of by far the greatest clay court player of all time. Slightly OT but worth breaking up the monotony of people saying Tiger has somehow always been broken mentally.

Reaction Score
How does someone have that many serious injuries and destroy their body from playing golf. He swung hard but that doesn't seem to explain it at all.
Back injuries are very common in golf, ruined a lot of careers.

Reaction Score
His personal life though?
Maybe, probably, but in the four years between his dad's death and his divorce he won 25 times, 4 majors and finished 1st 3 times and 2nd once on the money list. So he was still dominating the sport during the time his personal life was a mess.

Reaction Score
Longevity obviously as one was/is injured.

Tiger won 79 of 313 starts. 25%
Jack won 73 of 586 starts. 12%
He won 14 of 69 starts in majors 20%
Jack was 18 0f 120 starts 15% (he played in some at an older age so they are very comparable in majors without the longevity factor)
Tiger was either 1st, 2nd or 3rd in 40% of his starts.
Jack was 25%.
While some believe Jack had tougher competition I don't believe when you bring the Euro's, South Africans and others into the game as much as Tiger saw them that it can be close. Tiger also won 18 World Golf Championships which included some of the best fields.

One is great the other was dominant. Both are golf!!

Not wanting to disagree with Mau, or any other reasonable poster, but my dad is channeling through me. His favorite golfer was Ben Hogan. He only got to see the Tiger who after his first professional major would not donate a signed ball to Billy Andrade and Brad Faxon to be auctioned at their charity event though every other living Master's Champion did. Hogan deserves to be mentioned in this discussion, especially when injuries (head on collision with a bus) and other things (like WW2 ) keeping you off the course are factored.

The agronomy of the time probably made it easier for something to knock the best player out, courses were not as true and equal a test as today. To a lesser extent, that was true of Jack's time, too.

Hogan's peers, born the same year, were Byron Nelson 5 majors, 54 PGA wins and Sam Snead, 5 majors, 82 PGA wins. Hogan had 9 majors and 64 wins. He won a 10th before going to serve, but it didn't count because the US Open was officially suspended for WW2. What would his record have been if there had not been war during his prime?

He played The Open once and won. From 1950-1953, after the bus accident that was thought to keep him from walking, he made 17 starts, made 17 cuts, had 15 top 10s, 10 wins and won 3 US Opens, 2 Masters and the aforementioned The Open.

For me, I'd vote Jack as GOAT. However, Mr. Hogan needed to at least get a mention.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
No one ever docked Jim Brown points for longevity.
At the time of his retirement Jim Brown was the all time rushing leader and led the league in 8 of the nine years he played.
I think the season was 12 games then. He had broken most rushing records and did it in only 9 years with a shorter schedule than today.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search
For other people named James Brown, see James Brown (disambiguation).
Jim Brown

Brown in 1961
No. 32
Position:
Fullback
Personal information
Date of birth:
(1936-02-17) February 17, 1936 (age 81)
Place of birth: St. Simons, Georgia
Height: 6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)
Weight: 232 lb (105 kg)
Career information
High school:
Manhasset (NY)
College: Syracuse
NFL Draft: 1957 / Round: 1 / Pick: 6
Career history
Career highlights and awards
Career NFL statistics
Rushing yards:
Yards per carry: 5.2
Rushing touchdowns: 106
Receptions: 262
Receiving yards: 2,499
Receiving touchdowns: 20
Player stats at NFL.com
Pro Football Hall of Fame
College Football Hall of Fame
James Nathaniel Brown
(born February 17, 1936) is a former professional American football player and actor. He was a fullback for the Cleveland Browns of the National Football League (NFL) from 1957 through 1965. Considered to be among the greatest football players of all time,[1] Brown was a Pro Bowl invitee every season he was in the league, was recognized as the NFL Most Valuable Player several times, and won an NFL championship with the Browns in 1964. He led the league in rushing yards in eight out of his nine seasons, and by the time he retired, he had shattered most major rushing records. In 2002, he was named by The Sporting News as the greatest professional football player ever.[2]

Reaction Score
Tiger was golf for a ten year period. He was awesome. Just not the greatest of all time
Even if you're just looking at his professional career, how can you say he was only dominant for 10 years when he won 5 tournaments and was player of the year in 2013? Then consider he also won 3 consecutive US Juniors and then 3 consecutive US Ams from 91-96 and it's clear you are simply dead wrong. There is a reason everybody knew who he was as a rookie and it wasn't just the media hype machine.

Reaction Score
To all those who jumped on Tiger for DUI mixing alcohol with pain meds or just drinking, his blood alcohol was 0.0. Back injuries can be excruciatingly painful and he is wrong for getting behind the wheel after taking medication, but we don't at this point know what he took to cause this so I'm withholding judgement. Many here seem to want to label him an alcoholic or drug addict without knowing all the facts. If he has a pain med problem he'll get treatment.

Reaction Score
Tiger was golf for a ten year period. He was awesome. Just not the greatest of all time
10? Try 20. Over a 17 year period he finished 1st on the money list 10 times, 2nd 3 times, 4th twice. This stretch starts in 1997. In 1996 he won the NCAA individual title, the US Am, oh then he went on tour and won 2 times in his 11 starts.

Reaction Score
The average NFL career for players with at least one pro bowl appearance is 11.7

How about running backs, especially before they could even repair an injury correctly?

Reaction Score
Not wanting to disagree with Mau, or any other reasonable poster, but my dad is channeling through me. His favorite golfer was Ben Hogan. He only got to see the Tiger who after his first professional major would not donate a signed ball to Billy Andrade and Brad Faxon to be auctioned at their charity event though every other living Master's Champion did. Hogan deserves to be mentioned in this discussion, especially when injuries (head on collision with a bus) and other things (like WW2 ) keeping you off the course are factored.

The agronomy of the time probably made it easier for something to knock the best player out, courses were not as true and equal a test as today. To a lesser extent, that was true of Jack's time, too.

Hogan's peers, born the same year, were Byron Nelson 5 majors, 54 PGA wins and Sam Snead, 5 majors, 82 PGA wins. Hogan had 9 majors and 64 wins. He won a 10th before going to serve, but it didn't count because the US Open was officially suspended for WW2. What would his record have been if there had not been war during his prime?

He played The Open once and won. From 1950-1953, after the bus accident that was thought to keep him from walking, he made 17 starts, made 17 cuts, had 15 top 10s, 10 wins and won 3 US Opens, 2 Masters and the aforementioned The Open.

For me, I'd vote Jack as GOAT. However, Mr. Hogan needed to at least get a mention.

Well done. Hogan deserves mention also no doubt. But again a bunch of guys without anyone to play against. Wasn't easy to come over here or go over there to play agains more of the best golfers in the world, not just the US. GOAT is Tiger in my books and honestly without longevity being part of it, it's not close. But again, just me talking here. My favorite highlights to watch are the Bear's Masters win at 46 though!

Reaction Score
Haven't much cared for Eldrick since he screwed over his wife and kids in such a horrible fashion, but damn, he was the best golfer ever when he was playing, and not close on that. Not the greatest career, unfortunately.

Regarding the DUI. Meh. I don't care. We live in a very permissive society when it comes to DUI. In my state, you can get a DUI every 10 years and have every one wiped off the record. I've seen guys with a 3rd DUI not get any jail time. I've seen a guy hit a pregnant woman and break her arm on a 2nd DUI and get no time.

Regarding the person who said you can take your keys out of the ignition and you're okay, that's not the law in my state (and I'd guess others). If the keys are "within your control" you lose, even if the keys are on the seat next to you. I'd guess that's the law in most places (just a guess).

If you seriously want to cut down on drunk driving in the U.S., then make it a mandatory 90 days in jail for a 1st offense, 1 year for 2nd, and 5 years for 3rd. No diversionary courses. No plea downs. No house arrest. No ankle bracelet. No work release. Just 90 days straight in the slammer.

Do that, and you'd cut drunk driving deaths in half in short order. That first soccer mom who does 90 days in jail for having a bit too much Cabernet during during the 51 shades of gray screening would be scared straight after her three month visit to county.

But it's like illegal immigration - it would be easy to change it if they wanted - the political will is not there. BTW for immigration, just pass a law that says the CEO/owner/proprietor and the hiring manager does a mandatory 6 months in prison if a new hire's SSN and information is not confirmed against a national database. You'd hear a giant sucking noise as millions left.

Of course, I'd pay triple for my brussel sprouts and guac, so I'm not saying I'm for that.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
So the media and everyone was jumping the gun per usual. Tiger had nothing to drink and just seems like one of the many millions who has a pain pharmaceutical management problem.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom