OT:. El Tigre with the DUI | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT:. El Tigre with the DUI

Reaction Score
To all those who jumped on Tiger for DUI mixing alcohol with pain meds or just drinking, his blood alcohol was 0.0. Back injuries can be excruciatingly painful and he is wrong for getting behind the wheel after taking medication, but we don't at this point know what he took to cause this so I'm withholding judgement. Many here seem to want to label him an alcoholic or drug addict without knowing all the facts. If he has a pain med problem he'll get treatment.
Sounds like vicodin was one of the pharmaceuticals.

Reaction Score
Even if you're just looking at his professional career, how can you say he was only dominant for 10 years when he won 5 tournaments and was player of the year in 2013? Then consider he also won 3 consecutive US Juniors and then 3 consecutive US Ams from 91-96 and it's clear you are simply dead wrong. There is a reason everybody knew who he was as a rookie and it wasn't just the media hype machine.

I'm just comparing his top ten to 11 year stretch of winning majors to Jack's most dominant stretch. Of course he was great as a kid. I'm talking what defines you as the greatest. 14 Majors is far below the record

Reaction Score
10? Try 20. Over a 17 year period he finished 1st on the money list 10 times, 2nd 3 times, 4th twice. This stretch starts in 1997. In 1996 he won the NCAA individual title, the US Am, oh then he went on tour and won 2 times in his 11 starts.
I'm talking majors, the definition of greatness. Of course, you'll spin it another way now. Maybe dollars earned per birdie

Reaction Score
The difference for Tiger was a singular focus on golf and training to hone his already exceptional skills and it put him in a league with the greats of all time when healthy. Two things changed that trajectory, injuries and real life when he left the bubble and got married and had a family. Plus he was obsessed with the long ball which for him was plenty long already. That and the fact that the rest of his game didn't require him to hit it to the moon every time. But he was a perfectionist trying to beat every player at every aspect of the game. Eventually he beat them all including himself.

Reaction Score
Jerry you were being a dope. Did you see my earlier post? It listed the top 11 years for each player. You win,tiger had one more win during his top stretch. And there is no doubt that while he was great the media ate him up.They loved seeing someone with the African-American background taking over the golf world and it was a great story. Again, I never said he was not great, just sad to say not the greatest. It's time for you to accept that and move on

Last edited:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Yeah, I'm not a caddy, but I too think Tiger should have gone with the driver.
Yup, but he's a cheapskate. If he went the Jeter gift basket route, he would have crushed Jack's record.

Reaction Score
Jerry you were being a dope. Did you see my earlier post? It listed the top 11 years for each player. You win,tiger had one more win during his top stretch. And there is no doubt that while he was great the media ate him up.They loved seeing someone with the African-American background taking over the golf world and it was a great story. Again, I never said he was not great, just sad to say not the greatest. It's time for you to accept that and move on

Not really, no one has to agree with you Who ha it's up for debate. So you can move on if you wish or accept it's only one of many opinions and no one's is definitive in any way.

Reaction Score
I think it's pretty clear you're far from an authority on the subject so you should probably stop acting like one.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
DBGrKqZUAAAeDWH.jpg:large

Reaction Score
"..not to sing the national anthem backwards.." Wow and not anything to drink?

That's screwed up, he was clearly in another world. How many pills did he drop, do they have a % for that? Scary.

Reaction Score
Not really, no one has to agree with you Who ha it's up for debate. So you can move on if you wish or accept it's only one of many opinions and no one's is definitive in any way.

You used the term stupid. That is the way you debate? Demean the opposition

Reaction Score
I think it's pretty clear you're far from an authority on the subject so you should probably stop acting like one.
No Mr Parcells. It is you acting as a know it all when you disagree with an opposing view

Reaction Score
You used the term stupid. That is the way you debate? Demean the opposition

Ok I am so sorry! But I thought yo mentioned "it's time to accept it and move on." which in turn says I'm right and you're a dope? Sorry must have read that wrong.:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
What we know. Tiger woods was sleeping in a car when a police officer woke him up. The policeman gave dui tests the most critical being a bretholizor. He registered 0. Since he was not driving he was not dui. He was Sui sleeping while intoxicated. He should be commended for getting off the road. The cop should have put him in a taxi not cuffs. He did the right thing when he realized he could not drive he got off the road.

Reaction Score
Ok I am so sorry! But I thought yo mentioned "it's time to accept it and move on." which in turn says I'm right and you're a dope? Sorry must have read that wrong.:rolleyes:
Time to move on. Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
The results of the blood work are still pending, however I expect Ambien to be the main culprit. He has discussed taking Ambien in the past and people have done crazy things while sedated under Ambien. Getting into a car and driving a ways before pulling over and sleeping is much more likely after taking Ambien than narcotic analgesics.

Reaction Score
The results of the blood work are still pending, however I expect Ambien to be the main culprit. He has discussed taking Ambien in the past and people have done crazy things while sedated under Ambien. Getting into a car and driving a ways before pulling over and sleeping is much more likely after taking Ambien than narcotic analgesics.

As an ex-Ambien user, this wouldn't surprise me one iota. Woke up in some weird spots, that's for sure.

What we know. Tiger woods was sleeping in a car when a police officer woke him up. The policeman gave dui tests the most critical being a bretholizor. He registered 0. Since he was not driving he was not dui. He was Sui sleeping while intoxicated. He should be commended for getting off the road. The cop should have put him in a taxi not cuffs. He did the right thing when he realized he could not drive he got off the road.

I have a lot of empathy for Tiger. Lets not go that far. The guy didn't know what state he was in. Like, Florida or California. He didn't enter the car and realize he was just a tad too buzzed. The guy was obliterated. No commending necessary. A black out is a fine assumption.

Reaction Score
As an ex-Ambien user, this wouldn't surprise me one iota. Woke up in some weird spots, that's for sure.

I have a lot of empathy for Tiger. Lets not go that far. The guy didn't know what state he was in. Like, Florida or California. He didn't enter the car and realize he was just a tad too buzzed. The guy was obliterated. No commending necessary. A black out is a fine assumption.
After seeing he was still in the driving lane changes my view. But I still believe anyone not just the great golfer who stops and gets off the road to sleep is not DUI. You don't know when the medication took affect. Getting off the road and sleeping is better than driving and should not be a dui

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom