OT Best Wings in CT | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT Best Wings in CT

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
Great little place to catch some live music, food and drinks. I’m looking forward to going again soon.

A buddy of mines was raving about it recently. Bonus being its just down the hill from me. Rumor has it they had two juicy in a can too.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Good to know. I live in Middletown, so this is perfect.
It's in the Ace Hardware plaza on Route 17. You probably thought it was a smoke shop when you passed it because they have a Native American themed sign that looks like a cigar store Indian. It doesn't look like much but the food is excellent and fresh. They make everything fresh every day and sell out of everything they make. They added outdoor seating a couple years ago, which helps with the crowds in the nicer weather. A few decent beers usually too.

Reaction Score
After reading this thread yesterday, it dawned on me that I have never been to J Timothy's before. I changed that. I owe the BY a debt of gratitude. I got 10 honey bbq wings, and 6 buffalo "dirt-style." It was a borderline religious experience.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
They aren’t the best wings in the world but if you like gorganzola (best cheese ever) get the kitchen sink wings at Beachland Tavern in West Hartford.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Taino Smokehouse in Middletown has great wings. Marinated, smoked and then deep fried. Great flavor and texture.
I've been twice and liked it but felt like I still don't' know what's best to order. This is a help. What else do you recommend? Pretty sure they were sold out last time of what sounded best.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Taino Smokehouse in Middletown has great wings. Marinated, smoked and then deep fried. Great flavor and texture.

Donahues does theirs the same way. Smoked then fried. Might be the best wings on the shoreline

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I've been twice and liked it but felt like I still don't' know what's best to order. This is a help. What else do you recommend? Pretty sure they were sold out last time of what sounded best.
In addition to the wings: all of their sides are excellent. For their mains, I like the ribs and brisket the best. I'm picky about both and they do both very well; not surprisingly they are also the things they usually run out of first. Their pulled pork is a family favorite and the chicken is always solid, but imo the wings, brisket and sides are the most special. Even their french fries are excellent.

Went their for dinner with the family yesterday and we had a 10-15 minute wait for a table so I grabbed a beer to watch the Eagles-Falcons game from the doorway; was stunned to see that they had Heady Topper cans for sale and ordered one purely on impulse even though I rarely drink beer any more. Was even more stunned when I was charged $10 for one can. Tasted tremendous though.

Reaction Score
Yes the old Vicky’s.

Always thought that was Clinton but as I remember Ichabods was in Madison back in the day so it only makes sense. Will have to try those there when on the shoreline thanks.

Reaction Score
Good wing deals near West Hartford/Hartford? Talking 25-50 cent wing happy hour type deals. Ballin’ on a budget here...

Reaction Score
Archie Moores will be going into the old Su Casa building in branford. Use to love their wings but was disappointed last time I went there about 2 years ago

Reaction Score
a BonChon just opened in Corbin Corners this week. super crispy if you like korean fried chicken. a nice change from the traditional buffalo.

Last edited:

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
A little curve ball here. The smoked wings from the Wiremill in Georgetown are awesome, especially when they are right out of the smoker. They have a really nice tangy horseradish based white sauce to go with it, as well.
I have vegetarian friends who hate the smoke that wafts to their nearby house from there, but sounds good to me.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Good wing deals near West Hartford/Hartford? Talking 25-50 cent wing happy hour type deals. Ballin’ on a budget here...
@whaler11 and I mentioned it above...

Beachland Tavern in Elmwood West Hartford has happy hour during weekdays 4-6pm and all day weekends. They have half priced wings for $6.00 - I think you get about 10-12 on a plate. Try the kitchen sink wings. They run draft beer specials too.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Shoreline Prime in Branford makes excellent wings. Raspberry Insane or something like that. Sweet up front and nice slow burn on the back end. Take them home and crisp them up on a baking sheet.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
@whaler11 and I mentioned it above...

Beachland Tavern in Elmwood West Hartford has happy hour during weekdays 4-6pm and all day weekends. They have half priced wings for $6.00 - I think you get about 10-12 on a plate. Try the kitchen sink wings. They run draft beer specials too.

Same guys own Park Tavern and the place at Rockledge you can get them there too.

Kitchen Sink is half buffalo/half bbq w gorgonzola. Very good.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Someone got murdered in the Manchester one last year.
But that was just an internal squabble. The wings are still just as good. BonChon is a place where you go for good wings and get a beer with them. When I get to go out, I like a place with beer then get some wings.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom