OT Best Wings in CT | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT Best Wings in CT

Reaction Score
I don't think Bidwell was ever really the best place for classic Buffalo wings. I think their claim to fame was just rocks n wings and also having a ton of flavors to choose from. But it wasn't ever like... the greatest. I mean. It's Coventry. I'm from there. The only thing we make the best of is spies that say cool things when they get caught.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Unlike with pizza, I don't have opinions or experience enough to what's claim what's best, but I've enjoyed J. Timothy, Dew Drop Inn, Archie Moore's, and Black Duck.

Reaction Score
Wings Over Storrs, you heathens.
They were always successful in giving me the runs, still we ordered them every Wednesday like clockwork. I don't want to overstate the analogy but I'd say it was an abusive relationship

Reaction Score
Little Pub isn't breaking any ground with their Frank's red hot and butter based sauce but they are consistently very good.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Went to Archie Moore's today. Got the wings and the boneless tenders. I ate the tenders first and thought they were really good but a tad salty. The sauce was excellent though and they give you a healthy helping of celery sticks. 9/10. The wings were excellent and were salted just right. The sauce was obviously good as well. 10/10. I would say overall, Archie Moore's is 9.5/10.

Reaction Score
I second TKs - also like 'Two in the Pool' at Eli Cannons. Too much whirl in J. Timothy's for my taste, but dirty is solid.

Eli's wings suck. The flavor variety is decent but the wings themselves are small and dry.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Wing Madness in New Haven or East Hartford. The Asian Fusion is awesome.

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
Because they fry them before the sauce and there whole wings, Hooters

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
So I went to Wing It On in Middletown as a last resort today after the other place I wanted to go to was closed and was quite surprised. For a "fast food" wing place it was clean both inside and out. I ordered some medium buffalo wings, medium buffalo tenders, and some of their seasoned fries. The bad first: the tenders were average and I wasn't really a fan. I don't even think they were the same sauce as the wings and the texture was ok. The good: the fries were pretty good and the seasoning was quasi-cajun which was good. The wings were surprisingly good and the sauce was excellent. The wings had a slight crunch to them which was also good. Overall, if you stick to the wings and fries, I would say it's about an 8.5/10.

Reaction Score
Seconded on Bidwell. Still a cool local place to hang out, but the wings are not at all what they used to be ten years ago. I've never eaten anything that rivals J. Timothys, but that's just my opinion.

I have had some amazing wings at the Bidwell over the past 4 years, but they are definitely not consistent anymore. They used to be guaranteed killer. Now its iffy. The sesame garlic pepper is still pretty awesome.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I too was at J Timothy's in Farmington and Wing It On in Middletown recently.

Wing It On is solid (8/10) and will be late night spot for my friends in town but I prefer Wings Over in Newington , Hartford, Storrs, etc. They have much spicier options.

J Timothy's on the other hand was excellent. I split buffalo and honey BBQ with my friend (both dirty style) and both were fantastic. Good sized wings with a nice crunch and tasty sauce. Would prefer a few more sauce option, specifically one with more heat but what I had was great. 9/10 and best I've had in CT.

Reaction Score
50 cents wings at the bow and arrow bar @ Mohegan Sun.

Reaction Score
Place was awful when we went. It was on Triple D or something

Lousy and overpriced food and worse service

Black Duck in Westport. Get them wet then charred under salamander.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Any suggestions for the southeastern area?
Hot Rod's on Bank St. in New London. Good wing selection and Nice porch overlooking the Thames.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom