OT Best Wings in CT | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT Best Wings in CT

Reaction Score
The boneless wings at Wing It On in Middletown on route 66 are fantastic. They are like 10 for $16, but are well worth it. Lots of real good wings in CT.
I have had great wings at J. TIM'S, Dew Drop Inn and the Bidwell. The Bidwell isn't as consistent as it used to be years ago though.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
The boneless wings at Wing It On in Middletown on route 66 are fantastic. They are like 10 for $16, but are well worth it. Lots of real good wings in CT.
I have had great wings at J. TIM'S, Dew Drop Inn and the Bidwell. The Bidwell isn't as consistent as it used to be years ago though.
There is no such thing as a boneless wing

August_West

Reaction Score
Think I've mentioned this on here before, but I'm a wing nerd that has a monthly crew that goes to a different place each time and one guy consistently tries to refer to "boneless wings" as wings.

It's a tender with sauce!
Which is fine. I enjoy good tendies with sauce on occasion.

It’s not a boneless wing! A boneyard lawyer needs to file a class action against the restaurant industry for fraud.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Which is fine. I enjoy good tendies with sauce on occasion.

It’s not a boneless wing! A boneyard lawyer needs to file a class action against the restaurant industry for fraud.

Nothing against the Tendies either. In fact, I love them - Wings Over is amazing.

That said, not a wing.

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
A little curve ball here. The smoked wings from the Wiremill in Georgetown are awesome, especially when they are right out of the smoker. They have a really nice tangy horseradish based white sauce to go with it, as well.
Where in Georgetown is that? I live close by there.

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
I can't believe people like TK's. Pippa's is so much better
Agreed. I used to really like Tks, but its just not as good as the first time I had it. Pippas is definitely better.

August_West

Reaction Score
Nothing against the Tendies either. In fact, I love them - Wings Over is amazing.

That said, not a wing.

There is even regulations against supermarkets from calling the boneless wings. They can’t be labeled that, that’s why you see the “wyngz” and other designations in your freezer section.

Shady restaraunts can get away with it though.

It’s a miscarriage of justice

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Never been a wing guy, and don't see what all the fuss is about. I'll eat 'em, but wouldn't go out of my way for them. Not even when I go to Buffalo. Much prefer Beef on a Weck.

Reaction Score
Black Duck in Westport. Way underrated. Vinny's in Fairfield. 50 cents on Tuesday. Don't short sell us downstaters.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Boneless wings became a thing about ten years ago when the wholesale price of chicken wings became higher than the whole cost of chicken breasts.

The market is endlessly creative.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Just had the crispy tenders at Gus’ in New London. Super.
You can gamble there too, always a plus for degenerates.

Reaction Score
Tipping Chair in Milldale (Southington) is excellent. Try the parmesan garlic wings. Their hottest wings are insanely hot, took me about 15 minutes to recover enough to torture myself by eating another one. I can attest to how good the boneless wings are at Wing It On. They're tenders essentially, I recommend the dry rub and the lemon buffalo ones.

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
Headed to the tipping chair for post dinner drinks tonight with the old b&c.

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
Smoked then fried? Might have to fire up the weber and the fry daddy soon.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom