OT: 2017-2018 NBA Season Thread | Page 7 | The Boneyard

OT: 2017-2018 NBA Season Thread

Reaction Score
@James small sample size but I think I gotta change my stance on Lamb playing with the Hornets 2nd unit, which he's been doing alot recently with the rotation being shifted a bit now that MKG is MIA. Monk and Kaminsky don't pass him the bleeping ball.

Reaction Score
@James small sample size but I think I gotta change my stance on Lamb playing with the Hornets 2nd unit, which he's been doing alot recently with the rotation being shifted a bit now that MKG is MIA. Monk and Kaminsky don't pass him the bleeping ball.
As a hornets fan, I hate Frank in every way... he cant defend the perimeter to save his life, he takes dumb shots, and wont/cant pass. I wish hed get traded cause he beings the team down. On a positive note Monk has been great tonight.

Reaction Score
I don't know if this is true, but there's some pretty amazing young talent in the league right now. From Giannis, to KP, to Embiid, to Simmonds, etc etc. Embiid and Simmons could be something else if they stay healthy too.
They are all awesome, Giannis with 40 on 16-21 shooting tonight.

I just like Porzingis being the best someday because he is 7'3 and there has never been a player that can do some of the things he can do.

Reaction Score
Kemba giving guys wide open threes and they’re missing. He just missed one too, they need to drive.

Reaction Score
This is the type of L that could keep the Hornets out of the playoffs, you gotta lock a game like this down in the 4th, shot selection went to hell

Reaction Score
This is the type of L that could keep the Hornets out of the playoffs, you gotta lock a game like this down in the 4th, shot selection went to hell

That was a huge game for both the Knicks and Hornets, i know its 82 games but early season games for teams like that are big.

Reaction Score
Rudy Gay: 24 minutes, 22 points, 7 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 steals, 8-13 shooting, 4-5 from 3

Just wait till that team gets Parker and Kwahi back, they have the best shot against GS or perhaps the only shot. Great to see Rudy finding a niche with them.

Reaction Score
Shabazz had 12 points (5-8 FG, 1-1 3FG, 1-1 FT) and 2 rebounds in 20 mins tonight. He's been great.
Hasn’t he gotten like 3 DNP’s straight before this? Or was he injured?

Reaction Score
Drummond's 21-rebound effort tonight gives him 35 career 20-board games. He now has as many 20-rebound games in his career as Shaq.

Really excited about the all-around improvement he's made this season.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Drummond's 21-rebound effort tonight gives him 35 career 20-board games. He now has as many 20-rebound games in his career as Shaq.

Really excited about the all-around improvement he's made this season.
0-7 from the line tho :(

Matrim55

Reaction Score
16 points, 20 rebounds, 7 assists, including this one:

Went 4-for-6 from the line.

Best center in the league so far this season.

Matrim55

Reaction Score
I mean, Boogie is totally better than him.
He's got an argument, as does Jokic, as does Horford.

But right now, Andre's the best of the bunch. He's more impactful defensively than all those guys, is a more efficient scorer than Boogie, does a good job initiating the offense, needs the fewest touches to effect the game, and is a monster rebounder. Right now he's on track to have the second-best rebounding season in league history, just in terms of total % of rebounds grabbed, behind Rodman's 94/95 year.

Detroit are a top 5 team right now, and Andre's hands-down the best player on the roster, and he's playing like it every night out. Boogie is the second-best player on a 6-6 team, and he still takes whole quarters off defensively; Jokic is amazing – an offensive savant – but he has limited defensive presence; Horford actually has a real strong argument, though his boxscore numbers are the worst of the bunch.

Anyway, I take Andre. He's changed his game, started reaching his potential and, because of that, has elevated his team.

Reaction Score
He's got an argument, as does Jokic, as does Horford.

But right now, Andre's the best of the bunch. He's more impactful defensively than all those guys, is a more efficient scorer than Boogie, does a good job initiating the offense, needs the fewest touches to effect the game, and is a monster rebounder. Right now he's on track to have the second-best rebounding season in league history, just in terms of total % of rebounds grabbed, behind Rodman's 94/95 year.

Detroit are a top 5 team right now, and Andre's hands-down the best player on the roster, and he's playing like it every night out. Boogie is the second-best player on a 6-6 team, and he still takes whole quarters off defensively; Jokic is amazing – an offensive savant – but he has limited defensive presence; Horford actually has a real strong argument, though his boxscore numbers are the worst of the bunch.

Anyway, I take Andre. He's changed his game, started reaching his potential and, because of that, has elevated his team.
Let’s hold off on the amazing defense of Andre, he was pretty much a bad defender last year, he didn’t all of the sudden become a great defender. He’s been good through the first 12 games, but he still give everyone too much space to shoot on the perimeter. Every center that can space out and hit a shot he struggles against. And Boogie is a better scorer, let’s just make that clear. He averages double Andre’s PPG and has so many more levels to his offense. And he is averaging 6 apg too. If you say you would take Andre over Boogie, it’s time to take off the uconn glasses a bit. Andre is definitely top 5 right now though, no doubt about that.

Matrim55

Reaction Score
Let’s hold off on the amazing defense of Andre, he was pretty much a bad defender last year, he didn’t all of the sudden become a great defender. He’s been good through the first 12 games, but he still give everyone too much space to shoot on the perimeter. Every center that can space out and hit a shot he struggles against.
This is just not true. Zach Lowe wrote about it this week, and both the eye test & advanced numbers back it up.

And Boogie is a better scorer, let’s just make that clear. He averages double Andre’s PPG and has so many more levels to his offense. And he is averaging 6 apg too. If you say you would take Andre over Boogie, it’s time to take off the uconn glasses a bit.
Nah. Boogie needs to dominate the ball in order to have an impact on the game, and while you can still win that way with a big, his whole career has proved it's tough to win consistently that way.

So is Boogie a more multi-dimensional offensive threat than Andre, just a more naturally gifted offensive player? Of course. But that doesn't make him better, especially in the modern NBA.

Reaction Score
This is just not true. Zach Lowe wrote about it this week, and both the eye test & advanced numbers back it up.

Nah. Boogie needs to dominate the ball in order to have an impact on the game, and while you can still win that way with a big, his whole career has proved it's tough to win consistently that way.

So is Boogie a more multi-dimensional offensive threat than Andre, just a more naturally gifted offensive player? Of course. But that doesn't make him better, especially in the modern NBA.
The eye test does not back it up. I’ve watched 8-10/12 pistons games this year, and yes he has been an exponentially better defender this year, he still gives the player he is guarding too much space to shoot.

Are you actually saying that Boogie is not a better scorer than Andre though? Like he has averaged 23 ppg for 5 straight seasons, going on 6, can step out and hit the three consistently, and has a low post repertoire that Andre can only dream of at this point in his career, Andre’s career high PPG is 16.2. Yes, Andre is a better defender right now, not by much but he is, but Demarcus is soooo much more advanced offensively, there is no argument against that.

Reaction Score

Dre is awesome and has made a leap in his game. You can make an argument he's the best overall center in the league at the moment but you're probably the only guy on earth who thinks he's better offensively than Cousins.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom