OT: 2017-2018 NBA Season Thread | The Boneyard

OT: 2017-2018 NBA Season Thread

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Cavs vs Celtics followed by Rockets at Warriors

Looking forward to seeing how Kyrie plays without Lebron and how Harden plays with CP3

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Not the start the celtics wanted... Hayward, ouch. I feel bad for him

Reaction Score
Brutal. He will obviously be out for the season, what is the history of players coming back full strength (eventually) from an injury like this? PG had a disgusting injury but it was a clean, albeit brutal break. The ankle could be a different story. This coming from someone with no medical knowledge whatsoever.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Brutal. He will obviously be out for the season, what is the history of players coming back full strength (eventually) from an injury like this? PG had a disgusting injury but it was a clean, albeit brutal break. The ankle could be a different story. This coming from someone with no medical knowledge whatsoever.
PG is the one that stands out. Can't think of any others at the moment

Reaction Score
Livingston. That's all I remember

Wasn't Livingston an ACL? Most of the gruesome injuries I can recall were leg/ACL. I probably have as much medical experience as you, but my impression is that, as far as debilitating injuries go, you can do worse than an ankle. Ronald Darby of the Eagles had a gruesome ankle injury week one this season where his ankle came completely detached, and he might be ready to go for their upcoming game. Obviously Hayward is a different story given it's a full break, but I'd be surprised if he doesn't make a full recovery.

Reaction Score
The Hayward injury was awful obviously, but there is an entire thread dedicated to that so I will refrain from further comment.

Tatum looked great in the second half and Jaylen Brown looks so much better than he did last year.

Reaction Score
Yeah Brown looked pretty good.

Also how about Houston beating GSW? Love it.

Reaction Score
Interested in how D12 fits with Charlotte/Kemba, didn't watch any of the preseason but he looks noticeably spry right now, dude is all over the glass.

Reaction Score
Dwight definitely looks better than I would have expected. Kinda skeptical of sitting Zeller for him, but if this level of play (10 minutes in lol...) continues then Charlotte will always have a plus player at center.

Great to see Lamb capitalize on his opportunity to start, hope he can keep it up. Love seeing the Kemba Lamb back court in action.

Reaction Score
He was in the top 5 for vegas odds going into the season...

You know what I mean. He's 22 (!) and has never finished higher than seventh in the voting or made first team all NBA. Terms like "rising star" are thrown around pretty loosely and I think he might be even better than advertised. The things he can do defensively are incredible.

Reaction Score
Wanted to watch Bazz in garbage time and naturally he was in weirdo mode for a full quarter when he refuses to shoot

Reaction Score
You know what I mean. He's 22 (!) and has never finished higher than seventh in the voting or made first team all NBA. Terms like "rising star" are thrown around pretty loosely and I think he might be even better than advertised. The things he can do defensively are incredible.

Did you not see him play at all last year?

Reaction Score
I saw Giannis at the Garden last year, and I thought (moreso seeing him live than on TV): this dude's going to win an MVP in the next few years, barring injury. He's just incredible. And he's still getting better...

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Kemba was great, Rudy was great, Bazz was great. Lamb was solid & efficient (if he continues to get to the line like that, he'll continue to play). Andre was fine... shot crappy from the floor, but 2/2 from the line and grabbed a bunch of boards. Only 22 minutes tho.

All-in-all not a bad first night of the season for our Huskies. My god do we need Jalen & Larrier to get to the league next year, though...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom