OT: 2017-2018 NBA Season Thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

OT: 2017-2018 NBA Season Thread

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Great player and all but Reggie is consistently the least informed person calling big games.

Maybe, but I am not ready to put him up with Pop. Pop has been maximizing his talent for 20 years now and seems to exceed expectations every single year. Stevens is doing the same in the regular season but the track record is 1/10th as long.

That said, hot take alert, Stevens might be a considerably better coach than Kerr. We have no way to know how great Kerr is. I know he improved on Jackson (a terrible coach) and maximized Green but he has only coached 3 of the most talented teams ever, and we saw what Walton and Brown have done in his absences.

I wanna see a bigger sample of pop without Duncan.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Anyone that thinks, mentions, tries to argue, or even says a series of words that even come close to making the case that "Eric Bledsoe is better than Kyrie Irving", should immediately have their membership to this board revoked and be sent to a mental institution.

Reaction Score
Objection. Brother counsel is testifying with zero evidence to support his assertion.
The guy who says "Do not mess me with me when it comes to draft" now wants to pretend to be a lawyer (really poorly). Being 12 must be fun.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Objection. Brother counsel is testifying with zero evidence to support his assertion.

Your hot take sucks. Sorry.

I mean, the numbers don't even back you up. But the eye test plus everything else -- age, size, historical performance in the clutch -- goes against you.

Bledsoe is being sold in a fire sale and Kyrie is looking like a magician. Bledsoe's a very nice player but who has put up good stats on not good teams. But they're not in the same stratosphere in terms of value.

But you be you with your sizzling hot take, Skip Bayless of the Boneyard.

Reaction Score
Great player and all but Reggie is consistently the least informed person calling big games.

He's a HOF'er I'll take his opinion on anything bball related over anyone on this board

Reaction Score
Your hot take sucks. Sorry.

I mean, the numbers don't even back you up. But the eye test plus everything else -- age, size, historical performance in the clutch -- goes against you.

Bledsoe is being sold in a fire sale and Kyrie is looking like a magician. Bledsoe's a very nice player but who has put up good stats on not good teams. But they're not in the same stratosphere in terms of value.

But you be you with your sizzling hot take, Skip Bayless of the Boneyard.
Suns were 0-3 with Bledsoe, then 4-2 since they told him to leave and not come back.

Reaction Score
He's a HOF'er I'll take his opinion on anything bball related over anyone on this board

Very bad logic. Apply it to other things in life and see how it holds.

Reaction Score
I think LeBron an MJ is a sure fire honest debate at this point. Yes the championships outweight pretty much anything, but the numbers LeBron had put up have to have some sort of disagreement in this discussion. LeBron, just like MJ, has done what people have only dreamed of doing. If Lebron gets at least 4 championships, he is the best player ever in my opinion.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

Or we could keep it in the sports context and recognize the hundreds of star athletes who have been terrible coaches and executives.

Isiah Thomas is a HOFer. He knows everything about basketball. Let's get him to run our franchise!

Billy King could take me 1-on-1 but I think if the Nets had a time machine and a choice of following my opinions or his, they'd pick mine.

Reaction Score

Ok bro we'll keep it simple then I'll take his opinion on who the better players are over anyone on this board especially considering he actually played against them

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
This board is really strange. Don't want to read through the whole thread, is someone really trying to argue that Eric Bledsoe is better than Kyrie Irving?

No, his premise is that the Celtics overpaid for Kyrie, and his proof is that some team will get a similar player in Bledsoe for peanuts.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
16/19/4/3/1 line from Drummond, just another night for the big guy.

We're gonna have two All-Stars this year, and quite possibly 4 guys with 20+ PERs (PER is a garbage stat, but still).

JFC, look at this 10-0 start to the game that he got Detroit off to:

That's a LeBron-type pass on the opening bucket, two steals, and a quick post-and-finish in semi-transition.

This is the Drummond we all hoped & dreamed would appear at some point. Well... he's here!!!!

Last edited:

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
EDIT: I really should include the end of that column, which is great:

After all, we need to save our energy. Every second we spend debating LeBron vs. Jordan is a second we should be focusing on humiliating the people who think Kobe Bryant belongs in this conversation.

I'd pick MJ myself, but a Like for the last paragraph.

I would also pick Kyrie over Bledsoe lol

intlzncster

Reaction Score
16/19/4/3/1 line from Drummond, just another night for the big guy.

We're gonna have two All-Stars this year, and quite possibly 4 guys with 20+ PERs (PER is a garbage stat, but still).

JFC, look at this 10-0 start to the game that he got Detroit off to:

That's a LeBron-type pass on the opening bucket, two steals, and a quick post-and-finish in semi-transition.

This is the Drummond we all hoped & dreamed would appear at some point. Well... he's here!!!!

Don't jinx it Matrim.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Don't jinx it Matrim.
One more for you: As of now his total rebound rate of 23.7 is best in NBA history, higher than Rodman's 23.44. For the season his rate is 25.8. A season-long rate of 26 or better has been hit only four times – three by Rodman (including his ridiculous 29.73 in 1994/95) and once by Reggie Evans.

I'm giddy. It looks like the offseason surgery to improve his breathing and the simplified free throw stroke have been game-changers for him.

Reaction Score
What a start for Porzingis! Love watching him play. He's a 7'3" shooting guard for crying' out loud! How do you guard that (rhetorical question)?

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Most people don't know yet how special he is. If he stays healthy he will become the best player in the league and an all-timer.

I don't know if this is true, but there's some pretty amazing young talent in the league right now. From Giannis, to KP, to Embiid, to Simmonds, etc etc. Embiid and Simmons could be something else if they stay healthy too.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom