OT: 2017-2018 NBA Season Thread | Page 9 | The Boneyard

OT: 2017-2018 NBA Season Thread

Reaction Score
Ball is -18 in 21 minutes. Oof.
Lmao did you see that nigh-uncontested air ball he put up in transition (believe it was in the first half)?

Cringed pretty hard at that. Kid is having a real tough time and it’s clear the shot ain’t gonna work at this level

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Is it a stretch to say lonzo is the worst offensive player in the league right now? His assists don’t make up for his horrid shooting displays.

Reaction Score
For as much as Embiid did last night, the enduring visual for me will be him standing on the block, with is left shoulder to the defender, palming the ball in his right hand as he looks over the defense. Almost exactly like Duncan used to but somehow he makes it look even more badass, probably because his hand is engulfing the ball as if it's a marble. What a freak.

Reaction Score
Sure Tatum would have been nice but they don't need him, Simmons and Embiid together is frightening. A 6'10 freak point guard and a generational big man is pretty hard to stop. With all things that went wrong due to bad picks and injuries it still shows you tanking clearly worked. Now they just have to stay healthy.
Even if Simmons and Embiid pan out, they’ll need a lot more than that to compete for titles.

I’ve loved what I’ve seen from those two, but Philly ain’t exactly a quality organization. Let’s see if they can keep developing their players and actually surround them with a lineup capable of winning.

Not for nothing, but a year ago Minnesota was essentially where Philly is now. It could still pan out for them, but winning in the NBA is hard with very few guarantees.

Reaction Score
Even if Simmons and Embiid pan out, they’ll need a lot more than that to compete for titles.

I’ve loved what I’ve seen from those two, but Philly ain’t exactly a quality organization. Let’s see if they can keep developing their players and actually surround them with a lineup capable of winning.

Not for nothing, but a year ago Minnesota was essentially where Philly is now. It could still pan out for them, but winning in the NBA is hard with very few guarantees.

Your hate for Philly is real. I hated the process as well but IMO it worked out terrifically. To win a ship you need a top 5 talent and Embiid looks the part. As for development guys, look at Covington. Highly valuable player and they just locked him up at a very favorable rate. And they still have intriguing assets like the LAL/SAC pick.

You can argue that Embiid is a wildcard and that's fair. You can point to Okafor but Hinkie's premise was that it is extremely hard to predict draft picks so you should aquire as many as possible. Noel was a misstep, no doubt. But they have an very high ceiling and I see no reason to judge the organization as low quality. Look at what vets like Brand had to say about the professionalism of the operation, even during the most trying of times.

Reaction Score

Even if they pan out?!?? Stopped reading after that.

Reaction Score

I think the process has been proven already but whether or not this experiment is deemed as a success or failure long term is going to depend on Embiid's health.

Tuning into the W's C's game right now. Love watching these Celtics. I almost wish JSM was still posting to rip on him and his opinion of the C's wings.

Reaction Score
Lol, what a ridiculous overreaction by you.

As good as they already are, they still have a ton of upside left (not to mention Embiid's injury questions). That's all I meant by pan out.

But feel free to proceed with your typical overreacting routine.

Reaction Score
Jalen Brown was awesome last night. My favorite part of that game, for sure.

Reaction Score
The warriors scored 88 pts.
Curry was coming off injury, 7 game series, etc etc. All the necessary caveats.

And yet, damn that felt good to see that comeback, and to see Brown play such a huge role. A lineup next year of Irving-Brown-Haywood-Tatum-Horford, and with another high lottery pick in the next few years?

Also, that Fulke-Tatum trade is looking better and better. No way the Nets finish below the Kings/Mavs/Hawks/Bulls, and I think Tatum > Fulke (though more time is perhaps needed there...)

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
And yet, damn that felt good to see that comeback, and to see Brown play such a huge role.
He seems to have Kawhi-level defensive potential. Kid's a stud.

Reaction Score
Celtics team defense is smothering right now.

Like ace said, it's ABSURD how much good young talent there is in the league right now.
Most young star talent I've seen in my lifetime. Greek Freak, Embiid, Porzingis and Simmons are all unicorns and generational type talents. Stevens is the best coach in the league.

Reaction Score
It was amazing to see how physical the refs allowed the Celtics to be with the Warriors. Smart and Brown were mugging the offense throughout the game. The game was officiated more like a playoff game than a regular season one.

The two things that stood out to me were how much better Brown has become with the ball and how impressive Klay was in defending Kyrie.

Reaction Score
It was amazing to see how physical the refs allowed the Celtics to be with the Warriors. Smart and Brown were mugging the offense throughout the game. The game was officiated more like a playoff game than a regular season one.
What about Tatum's "block" where he never touched the ball and totally took out the guy's (Curry?) arm? I was laughing how bad a call that was.

Reaction Score
Andre needs to start scoring. He should be able to throw Sabonis around on the block, yet Sabonis is consistently beating him. Played really bad defense down the stretch of this game.

Reaction Score
Hornets are a mess even with MKG and Batum back, if they waste this night from Kemba...

Reaction Score
Even with the body contact those are the kind of finishes that Kemba usually makes at the rim, brutal loss

Reaction Score
Kemba with 47 but he misses the game winning layup against the Bulls. Bummer.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom