OMG Please Make this go Away | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OMG Please Make this go Away

Reaction Score
It's amazing how you rarely understand anything. Someone else is making the case for UConn and you hate it because you don't like the manner how it done. If the leaders of the Big East (the morons in Providence) had tried as hard as this man, we would be in a much better spot. I appreciate the effort.

Reaction Score
So some moderator deletes my post, docks me a "warning point" for using a same word as in a post that was addressed to me.

Excellent moderating.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It's amazing how you rarely understand anything. Someone else is making the case for UConn and you hate it because you don't like the manner how it done. If the leaders of the Big East (the morons in Providence) had tried as hard as this man, we would be in a much better spot. I appreciate the effort.

Go back to asking for the backup quarterback. That's about your upper bound.

This league does nothing but drain UConn's value for loser programs. It couldn't be clearer so of course you don't see it.

There is no better confirmation than Palatine disagrees with you. Then you know you've got something right.

Reaction Score

This league does nothing but drain UConn's value for loser programs. It couldn't be clearer so of course you don't see it.

There is no better confirmation than Palatine disagrees with you. Then you know you've got something right.

Palatine does marketing for a living. Who are you to question his expertise and vision?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I see in a projection of power and accomplishment, Whaler has rolled out a picture of his double height foyer for his avatar. That probably settles the argument. No way Aresco can match that, can he?

How very NJ (very Rutty).

Reaction Score

UConn should move to a better conference to not have their value diluted by these losers.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Here is what Mike Aresco has delivered UConn:

1. Recruited programs that increase the mouths to feed and don't bring any local or national revenue to the the league. They dilute the schedule and provide zero interest in their market, our market or nationally.

2. Oversaw the organization that ran the AAC tournament so poorly in Hartford that AA baseball attendance dwarfs it. The AAC tournament has been here twice and they seemingly learned nothing from the first time. I know few of you bothered to attend but if you had you'd understand it was amateur hour.

3. Negotiated a TV contract that pays the AAC half what the Big East basketball league gets paid even with 'P6' football. Seton Hall's basketball program alone generates twice the TV money of UConn's basketball and football programs. UConn gets half as much TV money as Seton Hall while supporting FBS football which costs tens of millions of dollars to operate.

4. A league which provides it's tier 3 rights to ESPN for nothing. His deals favor the loser programs which generate no interest or revenue and allow UConn to underwrite their ineptitude.

Mike Aresco has done NOTHING as AAC commissioner for UConn, but I'm the jerk for pointing this out. You've got a terrible leader who bleeds you dry to the benefit of Tulane, Tulsa and East Carolina - but they do it for a living. While they sit around snapping towels over their lame hashtags, UConn continues their slide into oblivion but let's not say anything bad about Mike Aresco. He certainly has done well for this school and fanbase.
And folks here want to add the likes of UMass and ODU to the freak show.

Reaction Score
Wow am I out of the loop. I had no idea he went to Baylor. Sheesh!

Reaction Score
The post above this one is an impressive load of crap.

You kids ever hear about marketing? Commercials?

What do you do when you're watching TV at night? Turn to the wife and state, "I do not believe that Chevrolet makes the best cars for that has not be conferred upon them in word and deed by other carmakers."

They know it's not going to get them into an autonomy situation, but if it puts financial daylight between them and the rest of the G5, it will have worked. Jesus, this is not that freaking hard to understand.
it's maddening.... I guess these people would like to go back to the days of Marinatto (sp?). the glory days of the Big East.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Old glory days of the Big East? Where can I sign up that?

Did you forget that they killed the Big East as we used to know it. The Providence leader's are what screwed UConn and the rest of those stick behind

Reaction Score
Did you forget that they killed the Big East as we used to know it. The Providence leader's are what screwed UConn and the rest of those stick behind

Would you rather be playing Miami, VT, Cuse, Rutty, BC, Pitt, and WV or the absolute pile of dog sheet schedule we play now?

Marinate was an idiot but the Big East was doomed because it had a fractured constituency with programs that had completely different athletic mission statements. The concept of having a football league was well intentioned but could never survive in today's landscape. That goes well beyond Marinate's years.

The AAC's leadership has been abysmal for UConn. I don't know how anyone could argue otherwise but people here seem determined.

Reaction Score
Would you rather be playing Miami, VT, Cuse, Rutty, BC, Pitt, and WV or the absolute pile of dog sheet schedule we play now?

Marinate was an idiot but the Big East was doomed because it had a fractured constituency with programs that had completely different athletic mission statements. The concept of having a football league was well intentioned but could never survive in today's landscape. That goes well beyond Marinate's years.

The AAC's leadership has been abysmal for UConn. I don't know how anyone could argue otherwise but people here seem determined.
What is your assessment of UConn leadership during that time?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I see in a projection of power and accomplishment, Whaler has rolled out a picture of his double height foyer for his avatar. That probably settles the argument. No way Aresco can match that, can he?

How very NJ (very Rutty).

The avatar is a running joke from the Cesspool. It's just a stupid picture that keeps posting. But gjge.

Aresco has a nicer house I'm sure, he gets paid a pretty decent salary to deliver nada. P6 - wow that's creative Mike - here is your million dollars.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Disagreeing with palatine smh

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
UConn should move to a better conference to not have their value diluted by these losers.

Solid sarcasm.

They have been a day late and a dollar short every step. There is never going to be an excuse for not going nuclear when Tulsa and Tulane were proposed.

Either they are oblivious to where the P5 is going or they don't get how much garbage schools hurt the league.

Take your pick - either way another step towards the graveyard of once proud programs.

Reaction Score
Solid sarcasm.

They have been a day late and a dollar short every step. There is never going to be an excuse for not going nuclear when Tulsa and Tulane were proposed.

Either they are oblivious to where the P5 is going or they don't get how much garbage schools hurt the league.

Take your pick - either way another step towards the graveyard of once proud programs.
I feel Hebrst and company have gotten to much of a pass for this mess. They're far more responsible for this mess than Mike Aresco is for where UConn finds itself. I used to think she had a plan. Now I think conference talk is an annoyance.

Truthfully I'm totally over it. I'm buying select single game chairbacks this year cause wtf not?

Reaction Score
What is your assessment of UConn leadership during that time?

During what time? We know Hathaway was a disgrace and I always thought WM would be judged based on his one big hire. Spoiler alert: that hire was Diaco. At the President level, given the timeframe Herbst came in, we don't know how much she could or could not have done. UConn's leadership was in flux at the time. I honestly don't know what could've been done but if you want to put them on full blast for failing to deliver the goods I can't argue with that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom