Olympics Basketball | Page 18 | The Boneyard

Olympics Basketball

Reaction Score
Am I in the minority that I’m okay with Tatum not playing a minute if we win a gold medal?

Reaction Score
Anyone else rooting for France? This USA men's team doesn't do it for me.
No way. USA all the way. In fact I am almost as nervous, yet excited, for USA Basketball games in the Olympics as I am for UConn men's basketball games.

Reaction Score
Anyone else rooting for France? This USA men's team doesn't do it for me.
Everybody Loves Raymond Traitor GIF by TV Land

Reaction Score
Am I in the minority that I’m okay with Tatum not playing a minute if we win a gold medal?
I'm ok with Tatum not playing a minute if we finished 150th

Reaction Score
Surprised Germany got handled so easily by Serbia in the Bronze medal game, they've have a great 3 year run but not medaling in the Olympics when everyone is playing compared to the World Cup is disappointing for them.

Reaction Score
Flat out bizarre and it's interesting that we never see this type of nonsense when it comes to sports like swimming
What's so bizarre and interesting about it? I don't know his reasons for rooting for France but it doesn't seem all that bizarre to me. I rooted for Jokic and Serbia. I'm sure I would've rooted for Djokovic if he was playing an American in tennis. People like what they like and dislike what they dislike. I always rooted for Usain Bolt over Tyson Gay and over everyone else. I'm whatever on Noah Lyle's, didn't mind seeing him get his butt kicked in the 200. I never used to root for Gary Hall Jr. or Ryan Lochte in swimming.

Reaction Score
What's so bizarre and interesting about it? I don't know his reasons for rooting for France but it doesn't seem all that bizarre to me. I rooted for Jokic and Serbia. I'm sure I would've rooted for Djokovic if he was playing an American in tennis. People like what they like and dislike what they dislike. I always rooted for Usain Bolt over Tyson Gay and over everyone else. I'm whatever on Noah Lyle's, didn't mind seeing him get his butt kicked in the 200. I never used to root for Gary Hall Jr. or Ryan Lochte in swimming.
Especially when Team USA are such heavy favorites, rooting for them feels more like just hoping to avoid embarrassment than the triumph of victory. Maybe in a few years that will change but that’s just the way it is. Everyone remembers Athens 2004 and the losses to PR and Argentina. The other day the commentators said we played France in Tokyo for the gold. I literally can’t even remember that.

Reaction Score
It is bizarre. You mentioned solo events, this is a team, and most of our favorite sports. It’s bizarre, root for who you want but it’s odd.

Reaction Score
It is bizarre. You mentioned solo events, this is a team, and most of our favorite sports. It’s bizarre, root for who you want but it’s odd.
I mentioned solo events because aceboon said you never see this type of nonsense when it comes to sports like swimming.

Reaction Score
What the hell does the USA being heavy favorites have to do with rooting for your own country? Are y'all ashamed and embarrassed that the US is good at basketball? Every country sends their best, if the US's collective best is better than the rest of the world I'm not sure why that would cause you to root against them. You would never see the fans of these other countries that are better than the US at soccer rooting for us because we're not as good and an underdog. Only Americans do this weird and goofy ish and like I said it only seems to happen with basketball, you never see people saying I hope the US swimmers get smoked by Australia and I'm sure that played a part in KD going off on "Americans" yesterday.

Reaction Score
What the hell does the USA being heavy favorites have to do with rooting for your own country? Are y'all ashamed and embarrassed that the US is good at basketball? Every country sends their best, if the US's collective best is better than the rest of the world I'm not sure why that would cause you to root against them. You would never see the fans of these other countries that are better than the US at soccer rooting for us because we're not as good and an underdog. Only Americans do this weird and goofy ish and like I said it only seems to happen with basketball, you never see people saying I hope the US swimmers get smoked by Australia and I'm sure that played a part in KD going off on "Americans" yesterday.
People who think like them is part of what's wrong with this country.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHuski

Top Bottom