Olympics Basketball | Page 16 | The Boneyard

Olympics Basketball

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
yea and that's the problem lol, Ant just has way too many space cadet moments for my liking, and was pretty much useless tonight. Hopefully Tatum wants to play in 2028 after this run, you need guys that can just get the ball and say we're getting a basket here and I don't think those guys can do that like KD/Bron can. Tatum's offensive process seems to be getting even worse now as he gets older.
Agreed completely. It’s honestly not looking good for us after this year. Especially with the talent France seems to keep bringing in that didn’t even play this year.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Why?
Because he’s 7’4 and pretty much unstoppable when he gets the ball deep enough.

If I’m an opposing team I’m very happy for him to fall in love settling for 3s and taking my chances of him trying to put the ball on the floor from far out rather than learning how to post up deep in the paint and get that dirk one legged step back mid range.

Overall, being 7’4 jacking 3s is a big waste of being 7’4 when you haven’t mastered being 7’4.

Reaction Score
I live in Serbia now and wouldn't have heard the end of it had they won, even though I am somewhat indifferent about Olympic basketball overall. Would have been lots of shoulder shrugging lol.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
You said you would be shocked if they got out of group play, it was conceivable to go 1-2 and still get out of the group, you should leave this alone.
Actually I said it would be an accomplishment for this team to get to the medal round and more of one to win the gold medal. Never said I would be shocked that is just not what I wrote.

I was clear that in my opinion Serbia was the biggest threat. How far off was that? 4 points I guess.

You will do what you do. Not sure why it’s always that way with your responses to my posts whatever the issue is, it’s cool, I am used to it now after two years.

But if you are going to quote me while sitting on your expert high horse at least get the quote right because it is in writing if you look, but that might require getting off the horse.

Saying it will be an accomplishment does not = I would be shocked. In fact it was an accomplishment. Just listen to the KD quote after the game.

Reaction Score
Actually I said it would be an accomplishment for this team to get to the medal round and more of one to win the gold medal. Never said I would be shocked that is just not what I wrote.

I was clear that in my opinion Serbia was the biggest threat. How far off was that? 4 points I guess.

You will do what you do. Not sure why it’s always that way with your responses to my posts whatever the issue is, it’s cool, I am used to it now after two years.

But if you are going to quote me while sitting on your expert high horse at least get the quote right because it is in writing if you look, but that might require getting off the horse.

Saying it will be an accomplishment does not = I would be shocked. In fact it was an accomplishment. Just listen to the KD quote after the game.
You're exhausting, every thread it's you acting like a victim after someone responds to what you posted, you tagged me so if you don't want a response you should have continued on with your night.

Reaction Score
Kerr is a moron. Team was struggling on defense and struggling to score. Tatum is a3-time first team all man player, best player in best team and was a 65-win team that is an nba championship.

Kerr got him as Lebron’s backup and decides to play Devin Booker. I sit. Get it. Booker can’t handle Tatum’s jock.

Reaction Score
American fans are weird. There is a sentiment of anti-USA in the sport of basketball for both men’s and women’s teams. I just don’t get it.

The nba players are our countries biggest stars, and we have people hoping Serbia wins. LOL.

Reaction Score
American fans are weird. There is a sentiment of anti-USA in the sport of basketball for both men’s and women’s teams. I just don’t get it.

The nba players are our countries biggest stars, and we have people hoping Serbia wins. LOL.
It's not a foreign concept to root for the underdog. Besides, millions of Americans come from other countries and like to cheer for the country they come from.

Reaction Score

If that's the case with the men's team it's probably because they're such heavy favorites and they're the richest athletes we have. We field an all-star team with almost all the best players in the world and they all make like 50 million dollars per year. It would be totally ridiculous if they didn't win.

The Olympics for me are about amateurism and for incredible athletes to shine who don't normally get the opportunity to shine. It's also all about the upsets/underdogs. I cared about the novelty of the Dream Team when I was a 12 year old kid but even back then I cared a lot more about the track and field athletes for those 2 weeks and I haven't really cared about USA basketball ever since. I don't care much for Olympic tennis and soccer either.

I don't see how any of that is weird.

Reaction Score
If that's the case with the men's team it's probably because they're such heavy favorites and they're the richest athletes we have. We field an all-star team with almost all the best players in the world and they all make like 50 million dollars per year. It would be totally ridiculous if they didn't win.

The Olympics for me are about amateurism and for incredible athletes to shine who don't normally get the opportunity to shine. It's also all about the upsets/underdogs. I cared about the novelty of the Dream Team when I was a 12 year old kid but even back then I cared a lot more about the track and field athletes for those 2 weeks and I haven't really cared about USA basketball ever since. I don't care much for Olympic tennis and soccer either.

Some of the sports/events are amatuer, most are not. FIBA is a different game and it’s more difficult than most think to get guys like we have to play together cohesively. Kerr being coach makes it 2x as hard.

Reaction Score
Some of the sports/events are amatuer, most are not. FIBA is a different game and it’s more difficult than most think to get guys like we have to play together cohesively. Kerr being coach makes it 2x as hard.
Most athletes in the Olympics don't make a living just from their sport and they get little to no fanfare outside of the games. Call them whatever you would like but they don't play in pro leagues which make them a ton of money. These two weeks are everything to them.

I was really happy for Djokovic because it meant so much to him and he was a heavy underdog but if he lost it wouldn't have really mattered much. For USA basketball it's just don't embarrass yourselves. I love the Olympics for the athletes who live their lives 24/7 year after year for this one chance or for a chance every four years.

Reaction Score
I hate the Celtics, but Brown should have been on this team. This team needs a perimeter scorer who can defend on switches and straight up.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I hate the Celtics, but Brown should have been on this team. This team needs a perimeter scorer who can defend on switches and straight up.
Putting White on the team over him was wild.

Most times there 1-3 is a combo of Steph, Jrue, White, Booker, and Ant. That’s really small.

Brown could’ve been helpful to add some size, defense, and still have scoring in that group. If he was on this team it probably makes the Tatum getting benched talks even louder seeing as Brown already won FMVP and ECMVP.

Reaction Score
They have like 4 of those guys already. They just need a coach who doesn’t botch sub patterns and can actually instruct rather than cheerlead.

Reaction Score

FYI, the word "amateur" was stricken from the Olympic charter awhile back.... 1974, to be exact.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Putting White on the team over him was wild.

Most times there 1-3 is a combo of Steph, Jrue, White, Booker, and Ant. That’s really small.

Brown could’ve been helpful to add some size, defense, and still have scoring in that group. If he was on this team it probably makes the Tatum getting benched talks even louder seeing as Brown already won FMVP and ECMVP.
White has some intangibles that Brown doesn't have at this point. The most important is he probably has the highest BB IQ of any NBA player. He is going to be a great coach someday plus he is an outstanding baller. The Tatum thing is puzzling, (unless he has been displaying an attitude problem), but then again most anything Kerr says and does is a mystery to me - he is a terrible game coach and has been lucky to coach Curry and the other All Stars he has had at GS thus far. I feel that the US would have been better having Few take the job - it appears most of the players pay attention when he is talking.

Reaction Score
They have like 4 of those guys already. They just need a coach who doesn’t botch sub patterns and can actually instruct rather than cheerlead.
I've got the guy to coach the team in 4 years. Just happens to be a college coach who coaches a team that just went back to back.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
White has some intangibles that Brown doesn't have at this point. The most important is he probably has the highest BB IQ of any NBA player. He is going to be a great coach someday plus he is an outstanding baller. The Tatum thing is puzzling, (unless he has been displaying an attitude problem), but then again most anything Kerr says and does is a mystery to me - he is a terrible game coach and has been lucky to coach Curry and the other All Stars he has had at GS thus far. I feel that the US would have been better having Few take the job - it appears most of the players pay attention when he is talking.
I agree White has some amazing intangibles but Brown is a supremely talented player. He’d give the roster more size and versatility.

We already have Jrue Holiday on the roster to do what White does.

Agree Kerr is an overhyped coach that was lucky that he took over for the foundation Mark Jackson already laid.

This whole Olympics he’s been doing more ego management than actual coaching. Like why in the world has KD not been in the starting lineup this whole time? After yesterday it seems he started playing Tatum because of the pressure to play him more than him thinking he actually needed to play.

Reaction Score
The Tatum thing isn't puzzling, he shooting low % from 3 for an extended period now, so against certain teams his shooting keeps him on the bench. Likewise, White and Holiday were duplicative in the Serbia game, but I'd bet we see a lot of them hounding France's mediocre backcourt in this next game.

There are lots of positives, LeBron continues to be amazing ala Tom Brady, Joel Embid actually played very well offensively (rebounding still frustrating) and seeing KD, Steph and Booker make shots late was fun. It is weirdly better that they had a close game or test, vs had the USA played and been coached as well as possible they would/should have won everything by 20+ and that would have been far less interesting and satisfying. Can we be happy about that?!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHuski

Top Bottom