Olympics Basketball | Page 26 | The Boneyard

Olympics Basketball

Reaction Score
Honestly the reason he was the 2nd leading scorer back in 21 was because that was the immature ISO ball Tatum. Had he played that way this year, he probably has a bigger role. But that garbage has mostly been coached out of him. White was superb for the Olympic team early on and he couldn't get in the Gold game either, because it was just not about playing team basketball anymore. Bam and White were fantastic together in one of the games, but they put the ball in KDs, LeBron's or Stephs hands as it went on. The team wasn't better for it. Booker scored because he can be that secondary scorer away from the ball. Brown would have fit better on this team than JT. But all those old guys are done now.
White didn't play because the bench unit was garbage against Serbia and to cap off those garbage minutes he fouled a 3pt shooter for a 4 point play at the end of the 3rd quarter to push the deficit to 16 after the starters had got it down to 5 in the 3rd quarter. He never played again after that, Kerr rolled with his big dawgs and it was the right decision.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Kemba hurt his knee that January and was never the same again. By the time the playoffs came around he was a liability in a way that nobody in the Thunder rotation was. A 21-year-old Tatum nearly led that team to the East finals anyway (and unlike 26–year-old SGA, he didn’t commit a series-losing boneheaded foul).

As for him regressing:

He’s a power forward who’s in the top 6 in the league in points per possession running the pick & roll.

That’s not regression. He gave up boxscore stats to becomes a better, more effective overall player. And the Celtics won a title because of it — even when his jumper broke.

You can pull any advanced stat you want to say he didn’t regress but I think the minutes he got during the Olympics and the fact he didn’t win any postseason awards as the best player say otherwise man.

I don’t really care about a pick and roll stat where’s he’s passing it to a Porzingis, White, Holiday and Brown have to say. He’s good at the stat because he’s playing with good players. Not because he’s doing something remarkable.

Kemba literally averaged 24 a game on 50% shooting in the first round series of that bubble playoffs. I’m not sure where the he was a liability thing coming from.

Checking out these highlights, he even closed out some of the playoff games in the bubble:

It’s okay man Tatum has been playing poorly even with Boston still being good enough to win the championship in spite of it lol.

Reaction Score
It’s okay man Tatum has been playing poorly even with Boston still being good enough to win the championship in spite of it lol.
You'd think a guy who just watched this UConn team win a title would know the difference between shooting poorly and playing poorly. But not everyone understands what they're seeing, I guess.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
You'd think a guy who just watched this UConn team win a title would know the difference between shooting poorly and playing poorly. But not everyone understands what they're seeing, I guess.
If a “top 5 player” being Draymond Green is playing well to you that’s your prerogative.

Reaction Score
that would have worked out great with the spurs starring slovenian doncic, or maybe take last year's nuggets starring serb jokic. turns out a lot of great players on nba teams aren't american...
Post/Handle

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
I just love that Jokic left Paris and immediately went to the track to watch the ponies after the Olympics. The day after he was done playing he was like “I’m out”…

Reaction Score
I just love that Jokic left Paris and immediately went to the track to watch the ponies after the Olympics. The day after he was done playing he was like “I’m out”…
He was partially checked out even before going, said he didn't want to go to the Olympics. Never understood why people like his blase attitude. Without the nba he's sleeping with the ponies not playing with them.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
He was partially checked out even before going, said he didn't want to go to the Olympics. Never understood why people like his blase attitude. Without the nba he's sleeping with the ponies not playing with them.
Him winning the championship turned me off so much to him personally. He’s an amazing player, but if you don’t care then let someone else who does win.

That Big 3 Celtics championship and Lebron 2016 moments were special because you got to feel how much it meant to those guys.

Reaction Score
Him winning the championship turned me off so much to him personally. He’s an amazing player, but if you don’t care then let someone else who does win.

That Big 3 Celtics championship and Lebron 2016 moments were special because you got to feel how much it meant to those guys.
Just because he is not expressive doesn't mean he doesn't care... You think he became the best player in the world by accident?

Reaction Score
I'm convinced he slept with your wife.

Reaction Score

I know that is the perception, but Jokic absolutely cares. He was crying tears of joy when the Denver championship banner was being raised. Look at his celebrations when he hit that half court game winner against Golden State or when Jamal Murray hit that game winner in the playoffs against the Lakers. He doesn't turn himself from a fat slob into the in-shape player that he is now and arguably the best player in the world right now if he didn't care. You can also look at his workouts with the rest of the Nuggets-they do some serious uphill running at altitude.

The things that Nikola does not care for are the press conferences or the peripheral things he has to do when playing.

Reaction Score
I know that is the perception, but Jokic absolutely cares. He was crying tears of joy when the Denver championship banner was being raised. Look at his celebrations when he hit that half court game winner against Golden State or when Jamal Murray hit that game winner in the playoffs against the Lakers. He doesn't turn himself from a fat slob into the in-shape player that he is now and arguably the best player in the world right now if he didn't care. You can also look at his workouts with the rest of the Nuggets-they do some serious uphill running at altitude.

The things that Nikola does not care for are the press conferences or the peripheral things he has to do when playing.
The perception is he doesn't care about all the extra stuff surrounding the NBA because he doesn't. He loves the game of basketball, he loves his team, and he loves winning, he loves the city he plays for, and he loves his homeland.

Press conferences, marketing himself, stats, awards etc. don't move him. Nothing about him is ego driven which is incredibly rare for an NBA superstar. It's bizarre anyone would be turned off by that.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score

My thoughts are not about his press conferences or reactions to awards. I originally thought the MVP thing was funny.

But I didn’t care about his comments about wanting to get back to his horses after achieving the highest level of winning in basketball.

He cares a lot about his country and homeland, I respect that. But a certain level of nonchalant for everything involving the NBA is annoying.

Reaction Score
My thoughts are not about his press conferences or reactions to awards. I originally thought the MVP thing was funny.

But I didn’t care about his comments about wanting to get back to his horses after achieving the highest level of winning in basketball.

He cares a lot about his country and homeland, I respect that. But a certain level of nonchalant for everything involving the NBA is annoying.
It’s refreshing everyone is different and honestly its none of your business it’s his free time, he’s not committing any crimes.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
It’s refreshing everyone is different and honestly its none of your business it’s his free time, he’s not committing any crimes.
I’m not saying he’s a bad person. I’d rather not see him win though and let someone else enjoy that moment of joy and gratitude people usually have for it.

I’m excited to see Luka’s reaction for when he wins his first and same with Ant, Shai, and many others.

Like it’s very cool to see people care about achieving things that they work really hard for and show how much it means to them, to me.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I sent the Connecticut Sun an email telling them they should do all they can to bring in Gabby Williams but I haven't heard back.

Reaction Score
hope the star turn for France pushes Gabby to be more aggressive and put it all together when she eventually returns to the WNBA. Has all the tools to be a star but has been too content to be a role player.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UCjungle

Top Bottom