Olympics Basketball | Page 17 | The Boneyard

Olympics Basketball

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
The Tatum thing isn't puzzling, he shooting low % from 3 for an extended period now, so against certain teams his shooting keeps him on the bench. Likewise, White and Holiday were duplicative in the Serbia game, but I'd bet we see a lot of them hounding France's mediocre backcourt in this next game.

There are lots of positives, LeBron continues to be amazing ala Tom Brady, Joel Embid actually played very well offensively (rebounding still frustrating) and seeing KD, Steph and Booker make shots late was fun. It is weirdly better that they had a close game or test, vs had the USA played and been coached as well as possible they would/should have won everything by 20+ and that would have been far less interesting and satisfying. Can we be happy about that?!
I agree on Tatum. This France squad since Rudy went to the bench has looked much different. Their guards are probably better than Serbia’s and plays better defense.

They have to come out locked in because France also has home court advantage. Cant afford to fall behind and let the crowd get into it like with Serbia.

Their two stretch 4s are loads to deal with. Steve Kerr may want to play a lot of Bam at that spot on defense.

Reaction Score
I was expecting Australia to give the US women a more competitive game than this but this one seems already over. hopefully France wins the other semi so we can see Gabby Williams in the final.

Reaction Score
I agree on Tatum. This France squad since Rudy went to the bench has looked much different. Their guards are probably better than Serbia’s and plays better defense.

They have to come out locked in because France also has home court advantage. Cant afford to fall behind and let the crowd get into it like with Serbia.

Their two stretch 4s are loads to deal with. Steve Kerr may want to play a lot of Bam at that spot on defense.
Is Yabusele one of the stretch 4's? Seems like Tatum could have a mental edge vs him via time on Celtics.

I haven't seen France since Rudy went to the bench, but other than home crowd I don't see how they stay in this game. Its possible when you have the very best player ala Serbia to win a game if he plays great and makes those around him better. Wemby is a few years away from that, he hasn't even figured out where to get his points, isn't efficient, can't physically dominate like Jokic did. I don't see this game being close. USA 105-78

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Taurasi is kind of the same as it relates to the women’s game. Maybe not the legend that Larry was but she is up there. This is where deserve and earned become difficult to separate when making a choice. DT has earned this right. Does she deserve it? That question has too many layers for me to consider.
You may in time come to a place where "not undeserving" does a satisfactory job filling in the gaps left unconsidered when even thinking about "deserving" vs "earned."

I offer this as a friendly suggestion, with no opinion on your POV otherwise.

I do however imagine that when elsewhere somebody labels folks as "twisting themselves into knots," it sounds rather knot-twisty itself to a person who hasn't read anything on the subject discussed until this page.

Reaction Score
I don't know what came over me yesterday, I was more invested in that game than some UConn games the past 2 years.

What am emotional win.

The most remarkable aspect to me, it was each star doing what they do best: LeBron bully ball, Steph 3's, Booker big 3, Durant mid range, Embiid inside / outside. Really glad I got to experience that live on TV.

Also, turned to my wife as I always do in these moments: How much more awesome would sports be if every BIG game was on at 3:30 in the afternoon???

Reaction Score
Is Yabusele one of the stretch 4's? Seems like Tatum could have a mental edge vs him via time on Celtics.

I haven't seen France since Rudy went to the bench, but other than home crowd I don't see how they stay in this game. Its possible when you have the very best player ala Serbia to win a game if he plays great and makes those around him better. Wemby is a few years away from that, he hasn't even figured out where to get his points, isn't efficient, can't physically dominate like Jokic did. I don't see this game being close. USA 105-78
yea he plays the 4, this should be a dbl digit win for the men but who knows what Kerr has up his sleeve to even out the playing field. Jrue/Book/DWhite/Ant should be able to manhandle their guards defensively, France really hasn't re-stocked or developed their guards over the last 4-6 years.

Reaction Score
The U.S. women made an adjustment to start their best players, and surprise surprise, they’ve been playing better basketball ever since.

A competent coach would start KD on Saturday, but that seems too obvious of a decision for Kerr to make.

Reaction Score
The U.S. women made an adjustment to start their best players, and surprise surprise, they’ve been playing better basketball ever since.

A competent coach would start KD on Saturday, but that seems too obvious of a decision for Kerr to make.
Durant isn't even starting? What's Kerr's starting 5?

Reaction Score
Durant isn't even starting? What's Kerr's starting 5?
it's varied but it's mostly been Steph/Jrue/Booker/Bron/Embiid, KD hasn't started a game yet and Steph/KD/Bron have barely played together up until the US went down 17 yesterday and Kerr had an epiphany to play the 3 best players of their era together. Who would have thought that a lineup consisting of Steph/Bron/KD would be a gamebreaker...

Last edited:

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score

Yup him and Lassort.

I’m not sure how Tatum will be mentally given the recent benching and Yabusele is red hot and playing in front of a home crowd.

On paper of course the US should win, they can’t make the same mistakes they made against Serbia though. The rest of their team outside of the star is much better and more talented.

(Context I’m bias and talking myself into believing in this)
IMG_5995.jpeg

Reaction Score
it's varied but it's mostly been Steph/Jrue/Booker/Bron/Embiid, KD hasn't started a game yet and Steph/KD/Bron have barely played together up until the US went down 17 yesterday and Kerr had an epiphany to play the 3 best players of their era together. Who would have thought that a lineup consisting of Steph/Bron/KD would be a gamebreaker...
Kerr is ridiculous.

Reaction Score
What the hell is Durant doing? In France for the Olympics and he's still getting in twitter fights with teenagers. I'll never understand that guy.
Fine with it at this point, I think it’s funny. He’s just more sensitive than the rest, but it’s part of his persona now with the whole quiresultan escapade.

Reaction Score
He can root for whomever he wants to. Kerr's job is not to please every one of the USA's knuckleheads. It's to put his players in the best position to win the gold.
Sure he can, still a clown take just for clicks from a sour man.

Reaction Score
He can root for whomever he wants to. Kerr's job is not to please every one of the USA's knuckleheads. It's to put his players in the best position to win the gold.
Kevin Durant disagrees. He was freaking out at teenagers from Denver on twitter at 5 am because they were rooting for Jokic and Serbia.

Reaction Score
Kevin Durant disagrees. He was freaking out at teenagers from Denver on twitter at 5 am because they were rooting for Jokic and Serbia.
I mean, they were kinda just clowning them for Jokic being better, not just rooting for Serbia. KD doesn’t need to respond, but it wasn’t like innocent fandom.

Reaction Score
I care that Kevin Durant believes that no one in the U.S. can root for someone else exactly why? Are you arguing they're not free to root for the player they like best regardless of his country?

Reaction Score
France vs Belgium women's game very entertaining, playing for a spot in the gold medal game to get blasted by the US. French coach pulled a Kerr not having Marine Johannes on the floor when they needed ballhandling in the final minute and they promptly turn it over and Belgium hits the game tying 3 to force OT. Gabby Williams looked like she injured her knee earlier but still playing.

Reaction Score
I care that Kevin Durant believes that no one in the U.S. can root for someone else exactly why? Are you arguing they're not free to root for the player they like best regardless of his country?
He’s not telling you to care lol

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHuski

Top Bottom