Olympics Basketball | Page 19 | The Boneyard

Olympics Basketball

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
What the hell does the USA being heavy favorites have to do with rooting for your own country? Are y'all ashamed and embarrassed that the US is good at basketball? Every country sends their best, if the US's collective best is better than the rest of the world I'm not sure why that would cause you to root against them. You would never see the fans of these other countries that are better than the US at soccer rooting for us because we're not as good and an underdog. Only Americans do this weird and goofy ish and like I said it only seems to happen with basketball, you never see people saying I hope the US swimmers get smoked by Australia and I'm sure that played a part in KD going off on "Americans" yesterday.
It’d be super weird to have an American rooting against Katie Ledecky or Michael Phelps in his heyday. Even though they both are as dominant, if not more, than USA basketball.

Reaction Score
People who think like them is part of what's wrong with this country.
It's so weird, I'm sure there are plenty of French hoop fans that grew up rooting for at least one of Bron/Steph/KD but they won't be rooting for the USA over their own tonight.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Flat out bizarre and it's interesting that we never see this type of nonsense when it comes to sports like swimming
It's happened to me in Men's Short Track speed skating.

Reaction Score
If the next Embiid stint is as bad as the first one this should be an AD and Bam game at center

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
I live in Serbia now and wouldn't have heard the end of it had they won, even though I am somewhat indifferent about Olympic basketball overall. Would have been lots of shoulder shrugging lol.
@Travelman6 - spent 3 years in Belgrade. Living the splav life?

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
France played amazing all bracket play without Gobert. Now he’s back in and their offense goes to poop.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Just like that Gobert comes out and France’s offense comes back alive.

Reaction Score
On another note I love the way Booker has played this entire process, basically slid right back into his UK role except a better defender compared to those days

Reaction Score
On another note I love the way Booker has played this entire process, basically slid right back into his UK role except a better defender compared to those days
He has been the unsung hero so far in going to the 3 and D role

Reaction Score
I wonder if Yabasele tries at another shot in the NBA, he's been great for France in the games of theirs I've watched

JakeTheDog

Makin’ bacon pancakes
Reaction Score
I can understand wanting a favorite athlete to show out, perform well, display their talent and greatness. But I can’t understand doing that plus rooting against your own country. I want Wemby to put on a show but I want him to do it in a losing effort.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHuski

Top Bottom