Olympics Basketball | Page 21 | The Boneyard

Olympics Basketball

Reaction Score
As for the game. The team showed indifference…..did not play defense and ran into a team that was making all their shots. They would have been blown out by any of five teams that will be in the Olympics. Even with better effort do not see this team winning gold. It will be an accomplishment just to get to the medal round.
So is winning the gold more of an accomplishment? Lol. Not many blowouts but they got it done. As some of us said, you can't take what you see in exhibitions and project that out to the real games. Can you at least say you were wrong?

O.K. I'm done trolling (your word) you. Good day, sir.

Reaction Score
Again, bizarre rooting against the US, but more power to you guys I guess.
I guess most of it is based around my overall disinterest in NBA basketball and my overall annoyance over the personality of LeBron/Curry/Embiid. “Apathetic” about US Men’s Olympic basketball is a better label than “rooting against” the team. For example, I’ve actually watched more of the women’s team and overall, I’ve been really into the more traditional sports this Olympics, watching like 2-3 hours each day.

That being said, Curry was incredible today as this game should be labeled as one of the best of his career.

Reaction Score
That was fun down the stretch, great show by Curry right after I started sweating him for some TO’s. Haven’t watched much Olympics except for the 100 meter, always love to see that gold on the American flag

Reaction Score
I think he's probably top 10 but who do you take out of the top 10? Tim Duncan? Oscar Robertson?

He's the second best player of his generation.
Lists are stupid honestly just enjoy enjoy greatness when you see it. Does anyone ever say oh this is a top 5 dinner or a top 5 movie or a top 5 beer.

JakeTheDog

Makin’ bacon pancakes
Reaction Score
He's an idiot.

He’s an idiot and doesn’t grasp the irony of calling out Bron and KD as primadonas. Plus claiming allegiance to Tatum but rooting for him to lose is…interesting logic.

Reaction Score
Steph, Bron, KD, AD, Book, and others all played great. Nice to see that win. No more bronze.

Reaction Score
I give France the edge in the next Olympics as of now with a 24 year old Wembayana. Hurley has a lot of work to do to beat them. I doubt we'll have a 44 year old Lebron, a 40 year old Curry and a 39 year old KD.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
There’s some good things to come out of KD trolling regular people on Twitter like this:

Reaction Score
I give France the edge in the next Olympics as of now with a 24 year old Wembayana. Hurley has a lot of work to do to beat them. I doubt we'll have a 44 year old Lebron, a 40 year old Curry and a 39 year old KD.
Lolz, ok

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
All I know is that the point spreads for the last two games were completely out of line. Easy money betting on Serbia and France to cover.

We won the gold but you can’t say it was in dominant fashion.

Of course I was skewered for doubting how great this team was before the Olympics.

Yes they won but it was not a given and as it turned out it was a win/win for some of us that went against the grain and knew that they were still the best but there were some cracks in the invincible armor and of course the Joker once again showing everyone who the best player in the world is.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
BIG LOSER ENERGY
It’s tough to root against your countries team….not sure that is where I was. But along these lines my problem is not with them as team USA. It’s knowing how they act and how entitled they act during the nba regular season. I used to be a big nba fan when it resembled basketball with defense and effort during the regular season.

Hard to root for guys making 10’s of millions of dollars to play a game and buying a ticket to a game to find out one of the stars is feeling a little tired and needs a day off to rest. When that started happening on a regular basis I was out as a fan.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JerseyAlum

Top Bottom