Ollie fighting to keep his job..Link from ESPN | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Ollie fighting to keep his job..Link from ESPN

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Will you stop saying this.

They fired him for cause because they lost.

Nobody gives a damn about the rules. It’s expected they are bent and broken in hundreds of ways to win.

The school never did anything in the past to anyone implicated in NCAA rule breaking - so it’s not like this new pious stance is about anything other than losing.

I’m rooting for Ollie in this because I want the people who created the situation to be held responsible.

I want SuzieLax and David the Oaf to go the way of the Dodo.

Stop this whaler you don’t want to blow up the AD and start again.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
From updated Courant article:

>>NCAA reps were on campus Feb. 27, a source said. In order to announce its was firing Ollie “for cause,” Benedict must be confident he has enough proof to make it stick.<<

Makes ya wonder what came up to force AD’s hand...

And if that ends up being the case, I'd say for UConn to "not give a dime back".

Two of the more interesting things in your link are that Calhoun won't rule himself out and that Akinjo won't talk about re-opening his recruitment. Is there still hope there? I hope so...

polycom

Reaction Score
So why did he get a raise. Why didn’t he get fired?

That was then..this is now. When your talents out weigh your problems...

I agree if he was winning he wouldn’t have this issue but the fact that he was losing and under investigation... I’m sure the findings will come out soon enough and everyone can calm down.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
He is going to get his money - no question about it
AD David Benedict and co. rolled the dice and they will lose
KO wasn't coming back, everyone half a brain knew that but trying to get it on the cheap is going to cost money
It's now a matter of principle - KO would not do this if he knew he did something wrong enough to get himself fired beyond performance
This allows me to think that this was all a surprise and the school's AD, Pres, McHugh and BoT did not seek some type of amicable parting solution - something that should have occurred
Time for a complete housecleaning - start with McHugh and Herbst and send DB packing to where he wants to go -the SEC
This has the looks of something ugly and if I'm KO I would stick my nose up at any attempting of appeasement by DB.
It's like you are genetically designed to always stand on the opposite ground that the majority of sensible individuals have chosen to stand on.

Over the last 12 hours watching you and people like Kathy embarrass themselves, acting as if the University of Connecticut is some bogus institution with no lawyers or the foresight to put thought into their decisions is shameful really. For someone who has so much to say about UConn based on your post count you come here to shed a tear for KO over the WAY he was fired?

Here's a newsflash, the program is under investigation as we speak, contracts have explicit clauses included to detail what constitutes "cause" and here's the part you geniuses seem to not even come close to grasping. This is an ongoing legal issue and AD David Benedict isn't going to publicly disclose details to bozos at ESPN, there are tons of factors we don't know because we simply haven't been told. Meanwhile here you are crying over the treatment of Ollie and how this firing is going t hurt "UConn's reputation" or something in the eyes of future coaches, how dense are you? Seriously please stop posting here and go back to the entertainment room because they are serving tapioca, your favorite. Let the adults with logical emotional responses to real world news handle the discussion here.

Again, the fact that you have turned POSITIVE news like no longer having Ollie coaching this program with the program actually trying to protect itself financially, the first display of actual BALLS from this administration is SPINCYCLED by you into demanding the firing of our brand new Athletic Director as well as cleaning house for the entire staff is so deluded, so idiotic, so fundamentally displaced display of stupidity and stubbornness that I question you as a person and seriously need to address the possibility that you may indeed be a troll.

Posts like the one you made chastising your own university for looking or it's own interests embarrass the university and the alumni far more than you think the university is doing to itself, seriously.

Last edited:

polycom

Reaction Score
Oh I want Benedict and SuzieLax on the next rocket to the sun.

Alright so then what happens? We send those two away and who comes and takes over our school and our AD?

polycom

Reaction Score
I am a UCONN fan but I am rooting for what's right. If you're not satisfied with his performance, fire him, pay him his money and both parties move on. Don't smear his name for allegations that is not proven to avoid paying him his money.

Stop smearing our wonderful university when you know nothing.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Alright so then what happens? We send those two away and who comes and takes over our school and our AD?

Competent professionals.

Reaction Score
Unbelievable. Takes a lot to shock me anymore but even I am shocked at the lengths Ollie's supporters will go to. So now UConn is the bad guy for wanting to rid itself of a guy that has absolutely blown up this program in all possible areas.
Read my post again so you can better understand what I said.

Reaction Score
Will you stop saying this.

They fired him for cause because they lost.

Nobody gives a damn about the rules. It’s expected they are bent and broken in hundreds of ways to win.

The school never did anything in the past to anyone implicated in NCAA rule breaking - so it’s not like this new pious stance is about anything other than losing.

I’m rooting for Ollie in this because I want the people who created the situation to be held responsible.

I want SuzieLax and David the Oaf to go the way of the Dodo.
I don't know how anyone could not understand this. We knew it had to happen. That UConn couldn't negotiate behind closed doors to make the number more workable makes them look inept. Sue knows Rock Stars.

Reaction Score
I don't know how anyone could not understand this. We knew it had to happen. That UConn couldn't negotiate behind closed doors to make the number more workable makes them look inept. Sue knows Rock Stars.
Maybe KO didn’t want to negotiate

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
No, are you? We saw our opening and took it

You do realize that you just made Whaler's point with the statement above, right?

polycom

Reaction Score

2 parties need to be willing to negotiate...

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

It’s a broke arse athletic department with dumb arse leadership grasping at any potential life preserver.

Can we go back to the leak the night of the SMU game - anyone want to claim it wasn’t David the Oaf still?

Reaction Score
It’s a broke arse athletic department with dumb arse leadership grasping at any potential life preserver.

Can we go back to the leak the night of the SMU game - anyone want to claim it wasn’t David the Oaf still?
Great Man David Benedict. Saving the program by firing one atrocity of a coach at a time

Reaction Score
Sure. I get that, it's why it's hard to judge what case UConn has without knowing the details of the "Just cause".
Benedict is just using his leverage. He obviously knows something that Ollie wouldn’t want to get out. He’s forcing KO to the negotiating table. It’s not going to get to the point of KO’s name being drug through the mud, he’ll settle well before then

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom