Ollie fighting to keep his job..Link from ESPN | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Ollie fighting to keep his job..Link from ESPN

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
It’s a broke arse athletic department with dumb arse leadership grasping at any potential life preserver.

Can we go back to the leak the night of the SMU game - anyone want to claim it wasn’t David the Oaf still?

Was that leak implying that they were eligible all season?

Reaction Score
2 parties need to be willing to negotiate...
Sure. From KOs perspective he did his negotiation in the contracted buyout. The agreed upon buyout is the problem, and that is 100 percent on the school. That's why it should have been on them to get this done cleanly as possible.

I'm not so sure I like Benedict making this hire.

polycom

Reaction Score
Benedict is just using his leverage. He obviously knows something that Ollie wouldn’t want to get out. He’s forcing KO to the negotiating table. It’s not going to get to the point of KO’s name being drug through the mud, he’ll settle well before then

Are you sure about that?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
He's implying it puts us in the wrong. It doesn't

Guy.

1. The job requires you to break the rules to compete.
2. They never fired anyone for cause when there were violations in the past.

It’s a sad attempt to get out of paying what they owe - because they have mismanaged the AD to the brink of insolvency.

Cheer them on if you like. But stop pretending it’s some moral high ground.

Reaction Score
It’s a broke arse athletic department with dumb arse leadership grasping at any potential life preserver.

Can we go back to the leak the night of the SMU game - anyone want to claim it wasn’t David the Oaf still?
So we can make unfounded allegations against AD Dave, but we better no connect the dots with KO. Got it

Reaction Score

What was the leak? I don't recall it.

polycom

Reaction Score
Sure. From KOs perspective he did his negotiation in the contracted buyout. The agreed upon buyout is the problem, and that is 100 percent on the school. That's why it should have been on them to get this done cleanly as possible.

I'm not so sure I like Benedict making this hire.

I don’t have any details, so it say it could have gone cleanly I have no idea. I’m sure we’ll find out soon enough

Reaction Score
He is going to get his money - no question about it
AD David Benedict and co. rolled the dice and they will lose
KO wasn't coming back, everyone half a brain knew that but trying to get it on the cheap is going to cost money
It's now a matter of principle - KO would not do this if he knew he did something wrong enough to get himself fired beyond performance
This allows me to think that this was all a surprise and the school's AD, Pres, McHugh and BoT did not seek some type of amicable parting solution - something that should have occurred
Time for a complete housecleaning - start with McHugh and Herbst and send DB packing to where he wants to go -the SEC
This has the looks of something ugly and if I'm KO I would stick my nose up at any attempting of appeasement by DB.
This is not a private entity this is a state university and they have a duty to defend/enforce the contract. It’s very simple.

Reaction Score
Guy.

1. The job requires you to break the rules to compete.
2. They never fired anyone for cause when there were violations in the past.

It’s a sad attempt to get out of paying what they owe - because they have mismanaged the AD to the brink of insolvency.

Cheer them on if you like. But stop pretending it’s some moral high ground.
Then I say to Ollie, don't be surprised if you suck and get fired and lose your buyout because you broke the rules. Rewarding him for cheating and being terrible is the opposite of cosmic Justice

Reaction Score
Your posting history on Ollie affords you zero credibility - so do yourself a favor and sit this one out or someone will go dig it up.
He turned around relatively quick compared to the stalwarts posting here now

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
SJ broke the news of his firing first. Pay the guy some respect

Yeah the guy who posts 300 times about the evils of microwaves but has started a thread on the best brands of frozen pizza.

That’s some logical stuff.

Reaction Score
If the university is going to fire someone for performance, just say it and pay him and move along.

If it's just cause because the NCAA shows up and does an investigation, a whole crap load of coaches are in trouble. Coach K, Roy Williams, Calipari, Avery Johnson, Miller, etc.

polycom

Reaction Score
What facts? There hasn't been any charges or violations issued against UCONN or KO from the NCAA.

That you know about...there could very well be pending charges that the AD knows about but the public doesn’t. How about we sit back and wait before smearing the school.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
Go KO! Keep fighting! Screw the AD and Herbst! #FireADBenedict

Reaction Score
Yeah the guy who posts 300 times about the evils of microwaves but has started a thread on the best brands of frozen pizza.

That’s some logical stuff.
Deflecting. Not usually like you.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
What was the leak? I don't recall it.

Two seconds after they beat SMU, Jacobs broke the news of the NCAA investigation.

A few days later he actually printed that the leak didn’t come from the AD. LOL.

Reaction Score
Your posting history on Ollie affords you zero credibility - so do yourself a favor and sit this one out or someone will go dig it up.
I supported KO, I thought he was the guy. I was wrong. THE END. When you show that your stance is based on the evidence presented you become more credible. When you hold firm on your stance when it’s clear your wrong you just become an idiot

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
"No one is rooting for Ollie over UConn guys stop putting words in our mouths!!"

Rooting for DB and SuzieLax to go IS ROOTING FOR UCONN

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I supported KO, I thought he was the guy. I was wrong. THE END. When you show that your stance is based on the evidence presented you become more credible. When you hold firm on your stance when it’s clear your wrong you just become an idiot

Credit I guess you are just a little slow to the draw.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom