Ollie fighting to keep his job..Link from ESPN | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Ollie fighting to keep his job..Link from ESPN

Reaction Score
Here is another thought. You don't want to pay a coach a ludicrous buyout amount, don't sign him to a contract promising to pay him a ludicrous buyout amount.

This school needs to stop agreeing to these insane buyouts. First Diaco, now Ollie. Their better off letting a good coach walk away to another job.
Good point. Ollie was never worth this contract. His agent played the admin like fools with the NBA scare tactic. They should have called the bluff.

Reaction Score
At this point the University has showed it's true colors. If UCONN wants to fire KO as the head coach because of the performance of his team over past few years they have every right to do so. To smear his name and fire him for just cause for allegations that have not been proven is plain wrong. They're doing this to avoid paying him the $10 million he's owed if he's fired.
You're right, Ollie will show his true colors and his true color is he's a fighter. The fact that University is putting him through this and smearing his name will only make this very very bad for the University moving forward. No love lost now. Fire him, pay him his money and both parties move on.

Unbelievable. Takes a lot to shock me anymore but even I am shocked at the lengths Ollie's supporters will go to. So now UConn is the bad guy for wanting to rid itself of a guy that has absolutely blown up this program in all possible areas.

Reaction Score
At this point the University has showed it's true colors. If UCONN wants to fire KO as the head coach because of the performance of his team over past few years they have every right to do so. To smear his name and fire him for just cause for allegations that have not been proven is plain wrong. They're doing this to avoid paying him the $10 million he's owed if he's fired.
You're right, Ollie will show his true colors and his true color is he's a fighter. The fact that the University is putting him through this and smearing his name will only make this very very bad for the University moving forward. No love lost now. Fire him, pay him his money and both parties move on.
Cool. Well, then, he is dead to us as is any member of his "family" that comes here to defend his greedy actions. This is UConn Nation, not Ollie Nation. How long until you cowards play the race card?

Reaction Score
The way the Ollie defenders are moving the goal posts is incredible
I will always root for UCONN but this was a very bad way to handle this situation. If the University is not satisfy with his teams performance and the job he's done fine. Fire Ollie, pay him his money he's owed and both parties move on. You don't smear a mans name for allegations that is not proven.

Reaction Score
Well, that's what they were created to do and started out as doing. Now though...

Have been a union member for over 30 years and the one thing they are good for is preventing people who should be fired from being fired which then tanks the morale of the workers who do their jobs. Slackers are protected and they know it.

Reaction Score
Unless the AD knows something that the NCAA doesn't or hasn't shared, how can KO be fired on the basis of just cause? The NCAA hasn't said anything about the alligations or even if rules were broken.

I'm not a lawyer but can you fire someone based on the conjecture that someone did something wrong and label it as just cause?

Reaction Score
Good point. Ollie was never worth this contract. His agent played the admin like fools with the NBA scare tactic. They should have called the bluff.
That's why you gotta start wondering about Benedict. I can't imagine he can keep going to boosters to buyout disasters.

Reaction Score
Cool. Well, then, he is dead to us as is any member of his "family" that comes here to defend his greedy actions. This is UConn Nation, not Ollie Nation. How long until you cowards play the race card?
Your response to my post is pure ignorance.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
I will always root for UCONN but this was a very bad way to handle this situation. If the University is not satisfy with his teams performance and the job he's done fine. Fire Ollie, pay him his money he's owed and both parties move on. You don't smear a mans name for allegations that is not proven.

No one knows anything. Stop saying the University is “smearing” KO. Herbst, AD Dave, KO are really the only ones that know anything. Until more details come out this smearing of the great university I love needs to stop.

Reaction Score
Unless the AD knows something that the NCAA doesn't or hasn't shared, how can KO be fired on the basis of just cause? The NCAA hasn't said anything about the alligations or even if rules were broken.

I'm not a lawyer but can you fire someone based on the conjecture that someone did something wrong and label it as just cause?
You can.

Reaction Score
No one knows anything. Stop saying the University is “smearing” KO. Herbst, AD Dave, KO are really the only ones that know anything. Until more details come out this smearing of the great university I love needs to stop.
Ollie > UConn for these fools

Reaction Score
The University fired the first shot, they didn't care about him as they are smearing his name. Do you think Ollie cares if he's dead to you or me? The man has every right to fight and defend himself for what's right and fair to him.

Last edited:

polycom

Reaction Score
The University has fired the first shot, they didn't care about him as they are smearing his name. Do you think Ollie cares if he's dead to you or me? The man has every right to fight and defend himself.

Stop smearing the proud university. You don’t know anything. Wait for the facts.

Reaction Score
never said he was innocent at all
If KO did do something that would cause the university embarrassment and financial harm - I agree he is 100% wrong and should be led out without so much as a handshake goodbye
That says I proclaim him innocent?
You have ZERO evidence he did anything. I am not backed into any corner and I have nothing to change my mind about
Again, I didn't expect him back and I didn't want him back
I wish the school and DB had handled this in a different manner
I don’t think I can remember a time that you genuinely criticized KO, but you constantly defend him. Perhaps you don't read everything but I have been critical of his recruiting and to this day feel it was his biggest downfall. I have been critical to him when we have spoken on a few occasions and more critical on certain points about him to those in my UConn circle, I don't choose to bash someone constantly on a public forum.

I wish KO the best because I know him to be an up front guy and he will land on his feet
I wish the new coach the best of luck and will continue to buy my season tickets for all the sports and support UConn

I will now utilize the ignore option (something I hate to do) on some folks I have been considering to do for a long time - too many caustic things said in the heat of the moment to too many of those who don't see things their way. I'm a fighter but I can't tolerate immaturity and rudeness - I don't mean you

Anyways, thanks for your lecture

I'm done with this - you guys have fun with it
“It's now a matter of principle - KO would not do this if he knew he did something wrong enough to get himself fired beyond performance“ Your words not mines. If I misinterpreted you you can clear it up.

The second bolder statement was aimed at Dan(seeing that I was replying to him)

Reaction Score

From updated Courant article:

>>NCAA reps were on campus Feb. 27, a source said. In order to announce its was firing Ollie “for cause,” Benedict must be confident he has enough proof to make it stick.<<

Makes ya wonder what came up to force AD’s hand...

Reaction Score

I am, you're 100% correct.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
why would we pay him money if he broke the rules? why do you care more about kevin getting money than UConn coming out ahead?

Will you stop saying this.

They fired him for cause because they lost.

Nobody gives a damn about the rules. It’s expected they are bent and broken in hundreds of ways to win.

The school never did anything in the past to anyone implicated in NCAA rule breaking - so it’s not like this new pious stance is about anything other than losing.

I’m rooting for Ollie in this because I want the people who created the situation to be held responsible.

I want SuzieLax and David the Oaf to go the way of the Dodo.

polycom

Reaction Score

You can’t seriosuly believe the bold. Obviously he AD of a program knows what’s going on in said program.

Reaction Score
Will you stop saying this.

They fired him for cause because they lost.

Nobody gives a damn about the rules. It’s expected they are bent and broken in hundreds of ways to win.

The school never did anything in the past to anyone implicated in NCAA rule breaking - so it’s not like this new pious stance is about anything other than losing.

I’m rooting for Ollie in this because I want the people who created the situation to be held responsible.

I want SuzieLax and David the Oaf to go the way of the Dodo.
NCAA officials just showed up on campus less than two weeks ago

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom