Official Syracuse Unintended Hilarity Thread | Page 30 | The Boneyard

Official Syracuse Unintended Hilarity Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Same here. You seem to think SU is garbage for cutting him loose, which is sentimentality, imo. I think if the team is lousy for several years, it’s time to move on, regardless of how long the coach has been there.
Do you even read what I type? I tried to keep it as simple as possible for you. SU was negligent for not cutting him loose when it should have. Not once did I remotely insinuate SU was wrong to fire him. SU was classless for the way it handled their local legend. You seem to be blaming JB for SU's negligence and stupidity and then saying SU has every right to treat him like sheet because of it. The dude was at Syracuse for almost 60 years all in!! OK, enough already.

Reaction Score
Has someone clued them into the fact that Kevin Ollie won a National title?
The difference is that Autry isn't getting a bunch of good players developed by a coach like Calhoun. Syracuse is getting the post-Calhoun players version of Kevin Ollie.

Reaction Score
Do you even read what I type? I tried to keep it as simple as possible for you. SU was negligent for not cutting him loose when it should have. Not once did I remotely insinuate SU was wrong to fire him. SU was classless for the way it handled their local legend. You seem to be blaming JB for SU's negligence and stupidity and then saying SU has every right to treat him like sheet because of it. The dude was at Syracuse for almost 60 years all in!! OK, enough already.
Whatever your view on Boeheim, Syracuse is complete garbage. What an awful way to kick your coach of 47 years out the door.
That’s what you typed. Period. “What an awful way, blah, blah blah” You speak with a forked tongue, sir. But bless you, I wish you well, Namaste.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
That’s what you typed. Period. “What an awful way, blah, blah blah” You speak with a forked tongue, sir. But bless you, I wish you well, Namaste.

Regardless of how Boehiem was released from his coaching duties this week, he was Head Coach for 47 years. He was assistant coach before that and played in the program for four years while attended the school. There was a 3 year period between graduation and being named an assistant where he played pro ball, but all in he's been associated with the institution for all or parts of 61 years, with a direct association for 58 of those years. "...almost 60 years all in" is quite accurate.

Be that as it may, there are times to get worked up over a technicality. This really isn't one of them.

@Kolumbo should be wishing you, "Namaste." :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Regardless of how Boehiem was released from his coaching duties this week, he was Head Coach for 47 years. He was assistant coach before that and played in the program for four years while attended the school. There was a 3 year period between graduation and being named an assistant where he played pro ball, but all in he's been associated with the institution for all or parts of 61 years, with a direct association for 58 of those years. "...almost 60 years all in" is quite accurate.

Be that as it may, there are times to get worked up over a technicality. This really isn't one of them.

@Kolumbo should be wishing you, "Namaste.
I'm not worked up at all, just having a discussion, thank you for sharing.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
And an AAC tourney title
Snl Idk GIF by Saturday Night Live

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
For his sake, Levine better hope he has dotted all of his legal lowercase js and crossed his legitimate Ts, because this could be grounds for wrongful termination.

Opinionated opinionator fired over opinion.

Reaction Score
Not really true. At the final post-game press conference Boeheim basically wouldn't answer what the future would hold. He wouldn't say he wanted to keep coaching and he said he already "gave his retirement speech" earlier in the week. He kept saying "It's up to the University". He continued to run out the clock and be non-committal to the very last second. However little class was involved the blame belongs equally to both Boeheim and the University. Only caveat is, the University doesn't really get the opportunity to give their side of tihngs in public, whereas Boeheim had that opportunity every single day. Seems pretty clear that Boeheim forced SU into the situation they were in and left them little if any other options

Reaction Score

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score

kingtidge:​

If that azzhat Danny Hurley hoists the trophy over his head, we're ready for nuclear armageddon, full on asteroid hit, Yellowstone caldera eruption, etc.

The human race will have failed and it will be time for a reset.
I can kind of understand Kingtide feeling that way

We passed them, we lapped them, we lapped them again and we're working on lapping them one more time. Our near term goals are to be in position to make a deep tournament run every year. Their near term goals are to crack the top ten in the ACC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom