Official Syracuse Unintended Hilarity Thread | Page 25 | The Boneyard

Official Syracuse Unintended Hilarity Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Looks like Edwards announced this morning that he isn't coming back. He's the 2nd.

1678302798381.png

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
I never paid attention to Syracuse except when they were playing UCMBB, so help me out here. Do any of his teams plan a decent amount of m2m defense or anything other than zone? 2-3 right? Why has JB stuck with zone defense all these years? Does he not know how to teach m2m? Stubborn? Thinks that other teams will have trouble with zone more often than not?

Reaction Score
I never paid attention to Syracuse except when they were playing UCMBB, so help me out here. Do any of his teams plan a decent amount of m2m defense or anything other than zone? 2-3 right? Why has JB stuck with zone defense all these years? Does he not know how to teach m2m? Stubborn? Thinks that other teams will have trouble with zone more often than not?
Why has the geriatric, cranky, nose picking, stubborn old man not switched to a man-to-man defense after 45 years of exclusively playing zone? Are you seriously asking that lol

Reaction Score
Syracuse has averaged 15 losses per season over the last 6 years. They've become an irrelevant basketball program. How much longer can the administration let this drag out, especially after his false retirement announcement some years back? With that said, :)

Reaction Score
If he loses a lot of players to the portal do you think the AD lets him go?

Reaction Score
Translation: "if you want to can me you'll need to play the role of the bad guy, the one who kicked a legend to the curb against his will."

You don't have to be a mind-reader to see that this is not going to be a clean breakup. Seems like he wants some sort of golden parachute, life-time no-show gig to walk away.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
So here is the guy @jake who is pretty plugged in and was the one who ran with the retirement scenario with Red taking over, here is his new info:

Boy is this great!

It’s simple.. he wants to come back, the university does not want him to come back. So he won’t announce his retirement and he’s making the university fire him and be the bad guy.

Unbelievable

Unlike previous years when he assuredly said “I’m coming back”.

He also said “I hope we can come to an agreement. Meaning….he’s not under contract for next year.

Reaction Score
In Vermont is fairly close to Canada so he might be willing to coach at Syracuse.
I live in VT and go to games. Becker is a very good coach, players play hard and together. Not sure if he has the fire to go out and recruit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom