Official Syracuse Unintended Hilarity Thread | Page 24 | The Boneyard

Official Syracuse Unintended Hilarity Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
This feels like a favor to Jim more than anything. They know Autry will probably fail, but he’ll make a a lot of money for 2-3 years before he’s sent off for the real solution. In the meantime, they can pray he stabilizes a program that could be looking like Louisville next year if Jim sticks around.

Remember what happens when these legend types retire…

There’s pressure from the fan base for change right now, but the second JB retires, all of the negatives are gone and he’s restored back to Jim Boeheim, local legend.

The athletic director is not a local legend. He’s not going to want to die on a hill fighting the legend over the next coach, so the outgoing legend gets a huge input in the next hire. Everyone knows that the legend picked his guy and that the AD did not.

If it goes badly, the AD might survive to pick the guy after that. He does not survive if he battles the legend, hires his own guy and then that guy fails. He gets fired.

That is how you get to Craig Esherick or Bill Guthridge or whoever.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Remember what happens when these legend types retire…

There’s pressure from the fan base for change right now, but the second JB retires, all of the negatives are gone and he’s restored back to Jim Boeheim, local legend.

The athletic director is not a local legend. He’s not going to want to die on a hill fighting the legend over the next coach, so the outgoing legend gets a huge input in the next hire. Everyone knows that the legend picked his guy and that the AD did not.

If it goes badly, the AD might survive to pick the guy after that. He does not survive if he battles the legend, hires his own guy and then that guy fails. He gets fired.

That is how you get to Craig Esherick or Bill Guthridge or whoever.
This made me think of how funny it would be if fans started to refer to their ADs as local legends. Sorta like Susan calling Warde a Rockstar.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
He’s going.

I concur

Then again, who knows. Maybe the administration gives him another year in some sort of face saving compromise

Or maybe he has dirt on them. They've been married a long time

Reaction Score
He will leave when he wants. And he is the only one who knows when that will be.

Reaction Score
Watching him these last few years & how the fan base turned on him.

Makes me think of Draymond yellin at Paul P that he wasn’t Kobe.

He is a great coach, but I don’t think anyone outside of South Canada would put him on their Rushmore

Reaction Score
Never change, Syracuse fans, now that they are resigned to autry they are throwing out assistant ideas as bench coach.

Jay Wright, Brad Stevens ….;-)

Hiring Autry would have been like us firing Kevin Ollie and hiring Dwayne Killings or Ricky More….lmfao…..

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I think if The Picker declares that next year is his absolute final season, the majority of Cuse fans will accept the fact and allow him the bow out that most feel in their heart he deserves. He doesn’t have any recruiting success coming in to speak of but there is the xfer portal and he could pick up some useable pieces that would love to play in the ACC and in the NCAAs largest arena for 1 season.
The fear among Cuse fans is that he will be there beyond next season. One thing he has to give up is the defensive zone as his sole D.
We shall see. I don’t see a lot of quality coaches, especially those in warm climates clamoring to go to Syracuse NY. People are saying Pitino but I don’t see him there. Hopkins? He’s on extreme thin ice in Washington. Paulus? Almost choked on that one. Red B? May have the inside track plus I heard it was promised to him. Mac? The Cuse people love him but not sure the AD does because he is flippant. The Vermont coach? Probably makes the most sense. The Bryant coach? The Picker despises him so no. The Colgate coach? Also makes some sense but I don’t see it.
I feel Cuse, like St John’s needs a younger guy with lots of NBA exposure to get the recruits interested.

Reaction Score
I think the issue is that if he stays, a significant number of players will leave and that’s an even worse look that I think JB is keen to avoid.

I don’t think he wants to quit, but the end of the road has materialized in front of him.
Aka the cliff he falls off.

Reaction Score
Bryant lost in the first round of the America East tournament to New Hampshire.

If Syracuse catches lightning in a bottle and wins the ACC, they and Boeheim will be relieved and breathe a sigh of relief knowing there is no chance they will face Bryant ;)

Reaction Score
I think if The Picker declares that next year is his absolute final season, the majority of Cuse fans will accept the fact and allow him the bow out that most feel in their heart he deserves. He doesn’t have any recruiting success coming in to speak of but there is the xfer portal and he could pick up some useable pieces that would love to play in the ACC and in the NCAAs largest arena for 1 season.
The fear among Cuse fans is that he will be there beyond next season. One thing he has to give up is the defensive zone as his sole D.
We shall see. I don’t see a lot of quality coaches, especially those in warm climates clamoring to go to Syracuse NY. People are saying Pitino but I don’t see him there. Hopkins? He’s on extreme thin ice in Washington. Paulus? Almost choked on that one. Red B? May have the inside track plus I heard it was promised to him. Mac? The Cuse people love him but not sure the AD does because he is flippant. The Vermont coach? Probably makes the most sense. The Bryant coach? The Picker despises him so no. The Colgate coach? Also makes some sense but I don’t see it.
I feel Cuse, like St John’s needs a younger guy with lots of NBA exposure to get the recruits interested.
Becker of Vermont is a good basketball coach. There is nothing is his history to let you know one way or the other that he can either recruit or coach young men who have spent their entire life being fawned over rather than told what to do. I can’t see his move being to a P-6 school. If you’re in the A-Ten, maybe.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Becker of Vermont is a good basketball coach. There is nothing is his history to let you know one way or the other that he can either recruit or coach young men who have spent their entire life being fawned over rather than told what to do. I can’t see his move being to a P-6 school. If you’re in the A-Ten, maybe.
He’s kind of an oddball - I don’t think SU would be interested.

The Colgate dude is a really good coach and he’s won his last two games at the Dome….

Reaction Score
After a crazy shot by cam, a dumb shot by Girard leading to a breakout.
After fighting back down like 10

Reaction Score
Thats-a-damn-shame GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members