Official Syracuse Unintended Hilarity Thread | Page 23 | The Boneyard

Official Syracuse Unintended Hilarity Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Today has a chance to be an epic meltdown . Today at the dome, the 2003 National Championship* team is coming to celebrate the 20th anniversary. If Wake Forest comes in and ruins that party ( Syracuse is a one point favorite) I may die from an overdose of schadenfreude.

The game is at 5pm and a perfect lead in time killer for me to get invested in while waiting for what seems like an eternity for our 730 tip.

From 5-7 tonight I’m an honorary Demon Deacon.

* title should’ve been vacated
IDK, aug. I really think Orange "fans" may have passed the 51% mark in favoring to get him out, like yesterday. The only SU coach I can remember is Jimmy boy. Decent school. Everybody at espn went there.

Is it the program or coach that we most despise? At this point, they are one and the same, no? I am as anti cuse as the rest of us 90's and (well) before guys. There's plenty of $$$ in that alumni group. See: Island, Long.

He's not getting to name his successor, imho. Jimmy is no Calhoun nor Olander.

Pitino really would be perfect for that dump.....ya never know. There's even an Italian "section" up in south canada. red/white checkered table cloths and all...

Last edited:

caw

Reaction Score
I do find it kind of hilarious that his one time (presumed) chosen successor (Hopkins) will likely be canned at UW this year while Jimmy fights to keep his job at Cuse. If Hurley is the carpenter, Hopkins is the demolition man. Dude has imploded UW after Romar's recruits left after his second year.

53-68 over the last four years 28-50 in a weak as hell PAC.

There would be something poetic about both being canned in the same year.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I hope so, but people on the Cuse board who know things say he’s going.
The Syracuse Administration doesn’t have the sack to make a move. He wants another crack

Reaction Score
The Syracuse Administration doesn’t have the sack to make a move. He wants another crack
Oh I know he wants another crack, and who knows what shenanigans he’d get up to in order to make that happen. You can know where a lot of bodies are buried when you’ve been at a place for 50 years.

But I know you read that board, and Jake over there is for sure connected to the program, and doesn’t throw out a lot of random nonsense, so when he says the one thing he feels solid about is Boeheim retiring before the portal opens, I get real nervous.

August_West

Reaction Score
Oh I know he wants another crack, and who knows what shenanigans he’d get up to in order to make that happen. You can know where a lot of bodies are buried when you’ve been at a place for 50 years.

But I know you read that board, and Jake over there is for sure connected to the program, and doesn’t throw out a lot of random nonsense, so when he says the one thing he feels solid about is Boeheim retiring before the portal opens, I get real nervous.
Jake is. Pushing Autry as head in that fashion has real disaster potential . Let’s hope cuse wins a couple ACC games. :)

Reaction Score
Jake is. Pushing Autry as head in that fashion has real disaster potential . Let’s hope cuse wins a couple ACC games. :)
Yeah the Autry thing is definitely some sunshine peeking out behind the clouds.

This is garbage. I always root against Syracuse every game, but if I knew this was the last year I would have put a little extra effort into it.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Perhaps Autry is going to take over for Boeheim once Cuse's season ends but I won't fully buy it until I see him pick his nose.

August_West

Reaction Score
He’s going.
I know that’s the “plan” but we are talking about a pig headed mule here. He’s already blown up iron clad plans. He might have another in him.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Anyone else picturing Boeheim barricading himself inside the Carrier Dome? Maybe padlocking himself to one of the hoop stanchions?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I know that’s the “plan” but we are talking about a pig headed mule here. He’s already blown up iron clad plans. He might have another in him.

I think the issue is that if he stays, a significant number of players will leave and that’s an even worse look that I think JB is keen to avoid.

I don’t think he wants to quit, but the end of the road has materialized in front of him.

August_West

Reaction Score
I think the issue is that if he stays, a significant number of players will leave and that’s an even worse look that I think JB is keen to avoid.

I don’t think he wants to quit, but the end of the road has materialized in front of him.
So they are setting up Red as the fall guy when they leave anyway. Sweet reward. Great start.

I love this dumpster fire

Reaction Score
For as much as they despise Hurley, I’m surprised they want Nate Oats so badly considering their similar temperaments. Not that Oats would seriously consider it unless he really loves clementines.

Reaction Score
For as much as they despise Hurley, I’m surprised they want Nate Oats so badly considering their similar temperaments. Not that Oats would seriously consider it unless he really loves clementines.
Lol Hurley would be one of their top choices if he didn‘t coach us. They won’t name him because that would be admitting he’s good.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
So they are setting up Red as the fall guy when they leave anyway. Sweet reward. Great start.

I love this dumpster fire

Following “the guy” at any program is really, really hard and it generally does not work out, but I don’t think they are setting him up as a fall guy.

Autry is a Syracuse guy through and through and Syracuse has not hired a coach since 1974 when they hired another Syracuse guy through and through. He went to Syracuse, played for Syracuse, coached at Syracuse, watched both of his kids graduate from Syracuse….if you’re going to ask someone to do something that rarely works out, you might as well hire your guy.

If he’s the guy, Autry will make at least $8M, so it’s good pay for stunt work.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Following “the guy” at any program is really, really hard and it generally does not work out, but I don’t think they are setting him up as a fall guy.

Autry is a Syracuse guy through and through and Syracuse has not hired a coach since 1974 when they hired another Syracuse guy through and through. He went to Syracuse, played for Syracuse, coached at Syracuse, watched both of his kids graduate from Syracuse….if you’re going to ask someone to do something that rarely works out, you might as well hire your guy.

If he’s the guy, Autry will make at least $8M, so it’s good pay for stunt work.
This feels like a favor to Jim more than anything. They know Autry will probably fail, but he’ll make a a lot of money for 2-3 years before he’s sent off for the real solution. In the meantime, they can pray he stabilizes a program that could be looking like Louisville next year if Jim sticks around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ranon

Top Bottom