Official Syracuse Unintended Hilarity Thread | Page 22 | The Boneyard

Official Syracuse Unintended Hilarity Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I appreciate the humor when you guys joke that we should root for Boeheim to win a game or two or else he”ll be gone but rest assured, they are regardless.

Reaction Score
A Reddit user was fawning over next year's Maui Invitational field. 4 of 8 teams currently in the top six, 6 of 8 in the top twelve, etc. Kansas, UCLA, Purdue, Gonzaga, Marquette, Tennessee... It will be an impressive field if those teams continue their success to next year.

The final note in the post- who are the other 2 teams?

...Chaminade and Syracuse

Reaction Score
A Reddit user was fawning over next year's Maui Invitational field. 4 of 8 teams currently in the top six, 6 of 8 in the top twelve, etc. Kansas, UCLA, Purdue, Gonzaga, Marquette, Tennessee... It will be an impressive field if those teams continue their success to next year.

Gotta provide some cupcakes for the real teams to beat up on before the marquee matchups?

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
And the exodus begins . . .

That’s not exodus. That is a guy who can’t get off the bench on real bad team that is going to go to the appropriate level for him to play at. He’s just not a high level player. He’s doing them a favor freeing up a scholly. If and when Edwards or Mintz enter portal we can start with the exodous celebrations. I can’t wait! :)

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score

8th place baby

Reaction Score
Speaking of cellar dwelling, a loss to Wake tomorrow in combination with a BCU win over GT drops them to tenth in the ACC final standings, moving them to the graveyard of despair that is the first round Tuesday of the ACC Tourney and an opening match-up with Louisville. Fun times in South Canada.
Oh man this is totally possible lmao

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Speaking of cellar dwelling, a loss to Wake tomorrow in combination with a BCU win over GT drops them to tenth in the ACC final standings, moving them to the graveyard of despair that is the first round Tuesday of the ACC Tourney and an opening match-up with Louisville. Fun times in South Canada.
Short version of my much longer post above is that they could lose to Wake, get bounced in the 1st round, conclude the season with 6 straight losses, drop to .500, and escape without a second consecutive losing season.

Reaction Score
Short version of my much longer post above is that they could lose to Wake, get bounced in the 1st round, conclude the season with 6 straight losses, drop to .500, and escape without a second consecutive losing season.
So they would be trending in the right direction. I think they have the right coach for the future of the program

August_West

Reaction Score
Today has a chance to be an epic meltdown . Today at the dome, the 2003 National Championship* team is coming to celebrate the 20th anniversary. If Wake Forest comes in and ruins that party ( Syracuse is a one point favorite) I may die from an overdose of schadenfreude.

The game is at 5pm and a perfect lead in time killer for me to get invested in while waiting for what seems like an eternity for our 730 tip.

From 5-7 tonight I’m an honorary Demon Deacon.

* title should’ve been vacated

Reaction Score
Today has a chance to be an epic meltdown . Today at the dome, the 2003 National Championship* team is coming to celebrate the 20th anniversary. If Wake Forest comes in and ruins that party ( Syracuse is a one point favorite) I may die from an overdose of schadenfreude.

The game is at 5pm and a perfect lead in time killer for me to get invested in while waiting for what seems like an eternity for our 730 tip.

From 5-7 tonight I’m an honorary Demon Deacon.

* title should’ve been vacated
They are also retiring Warrick and McNamara’s jerseys. That’s happening after the game. Let’s just hope they manage to spell their names correctly this time.

Reaction Score
Can’t see the game live, but it’s always a head scratcher when a team has a 16-2 FT advantage. At the half.

August_West

Reaction Score
Can’t see the game live, but it’s always a head scratcher when a team has a 16-2 FT advantage. At the half.
Wake is jacking 3s. Doing nothing to get fouled. Mintz is like jalen Adams in the crazy ability to finish at the rim department

Reaction Score
They know how bad it is. It almost makes you feel sorry for that fan base...................almost.

It is an incredible situation. Almost unprecedented in my mind in that Boeheim is literally holding the program hostage at this point. They are caught in a purgatory that gets closer to eternal hell every minute that happens. No one will play for them right now. Boeheim is so arrogant he won't even allow an announcement of a succession plan, so it throws a wrench into every recruiting cycle as you never know who you will play for. And on the flipside it is no better in that you could give Boeheim a 10 year contract extension for recruiting stability but no one will go and play for him because he's lost his mind. He puts zero effort into coaching these days. Im not exaggerating. Zero. Kids see it, their parents see it. He constantly throws his kids under the bus in the media, and still insists on playing a 2-3 zone in an age where everyone can shoot threes. Boeheim certainly helped in establishing the Syracuse brand, and now he seems determined to blow it all up before leaving. It is a fascinating, (and almost sad, but its Boeheim so screw him) end to a legendary career. He really is erasing everything. The Hubris is unmatched.

Fran Fraschilla just really decimated the Syracuse program during the last 10 minutes of that broadcast last night. It's the first Ive heard of media really speaking truth on this issue. I wanted Fran to shut up and be like the rest of the media and kiss Boeheims ring because that will make him stay longer. ;)
Wow! Please tell me there is video of Fraschilla somewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#