Official Syracuse Unintended Hilarity Thread | Page 26 | The Boneyard

Official Syracuse Unintended Hilarity Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Why has the geriatric, cranky, nose picking, stubborn old man not switched to a man-to-man defense after 45 years of exclusively playing zone?
1B4AB297-EED6-4402-AF92-4EECF69C7E05.jpeg

“Because that’s not the defense we play!!”

Reaction Score
I hope JB stays as head coach, just so he can spiral that team even further into oblivion. Big move to ’in ACC and splat, irrelevant ever since.

Reaction Score
Funny. I went to ESPN.com and no mention of Syracuse losing. If that was us it would be the lead story. ESPN is full of Syracuse grads who dump on us with regularity. Hate ESPN. They helped bury us in conference realignment.

Reaction Score
The Cuse fan base is overwhelmingly in favor of Jim going away. I dont think trying to make the AD look like the bad guy is a good idea. Better to salvage what's left of his legacy and go fishing, golfing or picking, whichever he prefers.

Reaction Score
Reporter: "So you're saying you're going to retire?"

JB: "It's up to the universe."

Reporter: "You want to come back?"

JB: " I didn't say that."
Yikes. That sound bite won't sit well in Upstate NY

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
The questions that need to be asked:

What would Syracuse have been if not for Boeheim?

What is Syracuse without Boeheim?

It is impossible to think of Syracuse without the image of Jim Boeheim, with an index finger firmly planted in a nostril, manning the sidelines of their basketball program.

If anyone has earned the right to leave on his own terms, even if those terms are a 97 year old Jim Boeheim being wheeled on and off the court in a Weekend at Bernie's fashion.

Let the man coach.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
So here is the guy @jake who is pretty plugged in and was the one who ran with the retirement scenario with Red taking over, here is his new info:

Boy is this great!
I dunno.

Seems like a pretty crummy way to end both his and JoeG3's Syracuse careers.

I'm hopeful they can arrange a package deal for both to return next year, perhaps marketing it as a Double Legends farewell.

Kinda like this:

If Joe sticks around for another year, he's gotta be on track to finish with the most career games played, games started, and minutes played. And I'm pretty sure JB has said that Girard is like the son he always wished had, or something close.

Fingers crossed.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Yeah I almost sort of feel bad to see that 97 year old Canadian, begging the University for a job.

“Well, Mike Krzyzewski is it at Duke and Brey is at Notre Dame but it’s up to the university.”

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I dunno.

Seems like a pretty crummy way to end both his and JoeG3's Syracuse careers.

I'm hopeful they can arrange a package deal for both to return next year, perhaps marketing it as a Double Legends farewell.

Kinda like this:

If Joe sticks around for another year, he's gotta be on track to finish with the most career games played, games started, and minutes played. And I'm pretty sure JB has said that Girard is like the son he always wished had, or something close.

Fingers crossed.

Not a fan of the Barton Hall deal. Love the show obviously. Gratuitous nostalgia is the antithesis of the in the moment ethos that makes that music great.

Im all for a Girard/Boeheim Farewell tour though.

Reaction Score
Not a fan of the Barton Hall deal. Love the show obviously. Gratuitous nostalgia is the antithesis of the in the moment ethos that makes that music great.

Think it will be a snooze fest IMO.

Reaction Score
What a coward. Just grow a pair and say im retiring. Why make the University do it?

Reaction Score

Sounds like he is out. Said he gave his retirement speech last week but no one figured it out.

Would be sick if he gave a vague retirement announcement and the school didnt figure it out and then next year at some point they call him up and are like when are you getting back to campus and he is like well i quit so i assumed you would find a new coach.... This is how I hope it plays out

Reaction Score
JB is a media master. Make the AD be the bad guy. Brilliant.the AD has 3 options:

1) Be the bad guy and be hated by your prime boosters..until you get fired in a year
2) Honor JB's contact and exteend it to a lifetime cushy Advisory role where his shadow will loom heavily over the poor bastard who replaces him
3) Asking him to coach again....( the best option)

Prime Jimmy on display today.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

I think the fact that the show will be played in front of about 5,000 people makes this a bit different from the usual nostalgia exploitation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom