Official NLI thread | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Official NLI thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Folks, lets not overreact. If I were still thinking about it I'm not sure these posts would help close the deal.

I'm pretty sure recruits don't take knuckleheads like us into account when choosing a school. At least I hope not.

Reaction Score
That's OK, we've got guys ready to step in just in case.

three_stooges.jpg

How did you get a pic of HFD, me and UConnDan97?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
ok, lets review what we have in todays news
-lagow has his sign day delayed a day
-summer is mia
-we learned stapleton will be a DE and thompson a TE
-boland DT was added to the class, fuller had that last night i think
-branford is 2014 and briton is on board 2013

anything else?

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
ok, lets review what we have in todays news
-lagow has his sign day delayed a day
-summer is mia
-we learned stapleton will be a DE and thompson a TE
-boland DT was added to the class, fuller had that last night i think
-branford is 2014 and briton is on board 2013

anything else?

Thought I read Lagow's day delayed till Friday, but other than that, I think you got it. Thanks for your efforts here!

RMoore1999

Reaction Score
That settles that, I presume....
@UConnFootball: Kivon Taylor, a 6-5 196 pound QB from Atlanta and Grady HS is now a Husky! Welcome Kivon! #bleedblue #signingday

Reaction Score
Presumably, Lagow was given until noon today to sign. Lagow called in sick. Staff moved on.

Wow. Just wow.

As I said before, if the staff believed that Boyle was the better prospect than Lagow, and all signs point to the fact that they did, than the staff did what they had to do. But man on man -- they better be right.

RMoore1999

Reaction Score

Interesting that PP's tweet doesn't mention position for Taylor. He did for every one else I believe.

@PaulPasqualoni: Congrats to Kivon Taylor from Grady HS in Atlanta, GA. Welcome to the @UConnHuskies!

Reaction Score
Recruiting is a high pressure business, and I remarked a long time ago, when this all showed up on this website, that it's often the case the both sides of the game are playing very hard against each other. Make your own judgements as to whether or not that's happening right now. It's knowledge that only a very few people have, but I would LOVE to know what our recruiting board looked like in June 2012 at the QB position, and what the names on that board were told about who was on the board at about the time that Boyle was committing to BC and Lagow committing to UCONN. It sure would explain a lot right now.

The letter isn't signed yet. as of my typing this right now as far as I know. THat's all you need to know.

I trully hope that Richard Lagow is ok, because if his health is in such a state that he can't make his mark on a piece of paper that he's been waiting to make for several months, a simple mark that represents a major step forward in his life, then it's a god damn serious health problem.

Otherwise, he and his family are exploring as many options as they possibly can right now.

THis is recruiting folks.

We've got a very impressive class that is signed. I'm going to focus on them.

So to Mr. Boyle - welcome to the class of 2013. I still hope that you'll get some major competition in your class and position group.

Reaction Score
Presumably, Lagow was given until noon today to sign. Lagow called in sick. Staff moved on.

Wow. Just wow.

As I said before, if the staff believed that Boyle was the better prospect than Lagow, and all signs point to the fact that they did, than the staff did what they had to do. But man on man -- they better be right.
Yeah. Agree on all counts.

Reaction Score
The views and opinions expressed by this poster are soley those of the poster. These views and opinions do not at all represent those of The Boneyard, or any reasonable UConn fan.

Just thought that there should be an emphasis on reasonable Uconn fan.

Reaction Score
Its seems to me like there is some back room dealing here. I think that RL is checking his options out, waiting to see if any spots are open in TX. And honestly, there is nothing wrong with this. It you can tweet on twitter, you can also send a copy of your LOI via I-phone or android or whatever smart phone he has. Faxes can also be sent on the internet for free. So its not like he can't sign a piece of paper, rather, lets just tell the truth and mention that Richard is mulling his options. So considering the recent tweets regarding, potential options, taking a step back because the school brought in another QB, I'm not surprised.

Justwinbaby, this is just my personal opinion, and frankly I think that RL is a good prospect, great size, good arm and mobility with a high ceiling. He would do very well at Uconn. But personally, this business, about wanting to be the only QB in the class is nonsense. Seems like the actions of prima donna, instead of a kid thats eager to take on challenges. This is d-1 football in a bcs conference ( at least for 2013). I don't care where he goes, there will always be competition, why does the school have to hurt the team to keep one recruit and his father happy. Frankly, we needed two QB recruits this year, we have three qb's on the roster from last year, one, Scott McCummings, is very athletic but he can't throw the ball a lick, I wouldn't be surprised if he switched positions. The other two Chandler Whitmer, and Casey Cochran, just entered the program last January. And Whitmer who we be a red-shirt junior this year, had two consecutive concussions at the end of the year. Not an issue now, buts its some cause for concern ( knock on wood). Cochran, is a highly touted red-shirt freshman. Fact is Richard is gonna have some competition no matter where he goes, and if he has a chance to make it to the nfl, the competition would be stiffer.

But lets be clear, uconn wants Richard, the fans have been excited to see him, but he's gonna have earn his playing time. That's the reality. He makes our program better and that's why he's wanted but, lets not act like he's already Joe Flacco. Not yet, but he has that type of ability. Give him a chance to fulfill his dreams, he's only going to grow and improve here, he's in good hands, gonna get a top education.
Look, run a search on my name and you will see I am neither concerned with a fight, afraid of competition, and do not do anything with a losing attitude so nobody needs to worry about making me happy. I don't play anymore. I have already had a daughter rated in the top fifty players in the nation and recruited D1 in basketball and soccer and she started for LSU for four years and is now finishing law school there and she dated Jarrett Lee for three years so our family knows up close and very well what coaches can do to a Qb or any other player. Richard is sick, his coach has told the paper here that he is sick, the doctor has told him that he is sick, I can take a picture of the doctor's note if necessary.

I just, as I was typing this, received a text that Uconn has added another QB so my advice to Richard will be to take another offer and wish the Uconn program the best. Again is is his decision and he has 20 days to make it and based on this new change, if I were him, it would be hard to trust what anyone says.

Kyle Lagow

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score

Wow. Just wow.

How many more QBs are we going to fall in love with before they show anything on the field?

Maybe Casey takes the reigns this year and plays the next 4. Maybe Kevon turns out to be a diamond in the rough. Maybe Boyle turns into the next Dan O.

Maybe Lagow wins a Heisman at North Texas.

Who knows. Nobody has earned anything yet.

You make the best decisions you can and you go forward.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
@UConnFootball: Kivon Taylor, a 6-5 196 pound QB from Atlanta and Grady HS is now a Husky! Welcome Kivon! #bleedblue #signingday
Where did that come from?? Anyone know anything about this kid. Was he mentioned earlier??

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul