Official NLI thread | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Official NLI thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Its seems to me like there is some back room dealing here. I think that RL is checking his options out, waiting to see if any spots are open in TX. And honestly, there is nothing wrong with this. It you can tweet on twitter, you can also send a copy of your LOI via I-phone or android or whatever smart phone he has. Faxes can also be sent on the internet for free. So its not like he can't sign a piece of paper, rather, lets just tell the truth and mention that Richard is mulling his options. So considering the recent tweets regarding, potential options, taking a step back because the school brought in another QB, I'm not surprised.

Justwinbaby, this is just my personal opinion, and frankly I think that RL is a good prospect, great size, good arm and mobility with a high ceiling. He would do very well at Uconn. But personally, this business, about wanting to be the only QB in the class is nonsense. Seems like the actions of prima donna, instead of a kid thats eager to take on challenges. This is d-1 football in a bcs conference ( at least for 2013). I don't care where he goes, there will always be competition, why does the school have to hurt the team to keep one recruit and his father happy. Frankly, we needed two QB recruits this year, we have three qb's on the roster from last year, one, Scott McCummings, is very athletic but he can't throw the ball a lick, I wouldn't be surprised if he switched positions. The other two Chandler Whitmer, and Casey Cochran, just entered the program last January. And Whitmer who we be a red-shirt junior this year, had two consecutive concussions at the end of the year. Not an issue now, buts its some cause for concern ( knock on wood). Cochran, is a highly touted red-shirt freshman. Fact is Richard is gonna have some competition no matter where he goes, and if he has a chance to make it to the nfl, the competition would be stiffer.

But lets be clear, uconn wants Richard, the fans have been excited to see him, but he's gonna have earn his playing time. That's the reality. He makes our program better and that's why he's wanted but, lets not act like he's already Joe Flacco. Not yet, but he has that type of ability. Give him a chance to fulfill his dreams, he's only going to grow and improve here, he's in good hands, gonna get a top education.

If Lagow is looking around, so be it...that is his right, especially since the circumstances changed in the last week. I however, choose to believe that the kid is sick. He's earned his right to the signing day ceremony and all that goes along with that and if he cant do it today, Friday is just fine with me.

I think Richard is a Husky come Friday morning

Reaction Score
@UConnFootball: Javon Hadley a 5-11 170 CB from Miami, FL and Miami Palmetto HS is now a Husky! Welcome Javon! #bleedblue #signingday

Reaction Score
Its seems to me like there is some back room dealing here. I think that RL is checking his options out, waiting to see if any spots are open in TX. And honestly, there is nothing wrong with this. It you can tweet on twitter, you can also send a copy of your LOI via I-phone or android or whatever smart phone he has. Faxes can also be sent on the internet for free. So its not like he can't sign a piece of paper, rather, lets just tell the truth and mention that Richard is mulling his options. So considering the recent tweets regarding, potential options, taking a step back because the school brought in another QB, I'm not surprised.

Justwinbaby, this is just my personal opinion, and frankly I think that RL is a good prospect, great size, good arm and mobility with a high ceiling. He would do very well at Uconn. But personally, this business, about wanting to be the only QB in the class is nonsense. Seems like the actions of prima donna, instead of a kid thats eager to take on challenges. This is d-1 football in a bcs conference ( at least for 2013). I don't care where he goes, there will always be competition, why does the school have to hurt the team to keep one recruit and his father happy. Frankly, we needed two QB recruits this year, we have three qb's on the roster from last year, one, Scott McCummings, is very athletic but he can't throw the ball a lick, I wouldn't be surprised if he switched positions. The other two Chandler Whitmer, and Casey Cochran, just entered the program last January. And Whitmer who we be a red-shirt junior this year, had two consecutive concussions at the end of the year. Not an issue now, buts its some cause for concern ( knock on wood). Cochran, is a highly touted red-shirt freshman. Fact is Richard is gonna have some competition no matter where he goes, and if he has a chance to make it to the nfl, the competition would be stiffer.

But lets be clear, uconn wants Richard, the fans have been excited to see him, but he's gonna have earn his playing time. That's the reality. He makes our program better and that's why he's wanted but, lets not act like he's already Joe Flacco. Not yet, but he has that type of ability. Give him a chance to fulfill his dreams, he's only going to grow and improve here, he's in good hands, gonna get a top education.

Seriously -- you want to publicly say questionable things about a recruit while the recruit may be on the fence? How about shutting your piehole and letting it play out?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
yup just summers and lagow and any any other suprise

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
huskynation... we don't know what implicit or explicit promises were made to Richard by the coaching staff, or what the changes in the staff (GDL vs. Weist) might do to affect the relationship Richard and his family developed with the staff. I hope he does sign with UConn and he and Boyle push each other, but if that's not the case then as a fan I wish him well and move on, no need to label someone a "prima donna" just cause they are considering their options. They don't do that in the job market when a person has multiple job offers and is negotiating salary / benefits, and these high school kids aren't allowed the ability to do that. The only power they get is to sign or not sign.

Reaction Score
Seriously -- you want to publicly say questionable things about a recruit while the recruit may be on the fence? How about shutting your piehole and letting it play out?

Agreed. That was probably the dumbest thing that could probably have been said.

I believe he broke the interwebs with stupidity.

Reaction Score

Don't sweat it. Just enjoy the excitement. If they all signed today would be boring right ?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i dont mean to stri things up, but looking at jamars twitter, i see nothing uconn...

Reaction Score
Interesting read on the star of NLI day... the fax machine!

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703445904576118213111942984.html

Love the snippet from Switzer:

>>It used to be that schools could send coaches to recruits' homes and sign them in person. In the early 1980s, coaches were lined up at the home of coveted running back Alvin Ross on the morning of signing day—but then-Oklahoma coach Barry Switzer went one step further. "I slept on his couch, and I kept the phone off the hook overnight," says Mr. Switzer, who got the player's signature at 8 a.m. "It was a free-for-all back then."<<

Reaction Score
no need to label someone a "prima donna" just cause they are considering their options. They don't do that in the job market when a person has multiple job offers and is negotiating salary / benefits, and these high school kids aren't allowed the ability to do that. The only power they get is to sign or not sign.

It was only a matter of time. Pressure geting to some of us. Hope you're feeling better Richard. Sucks to be sick on such a big day. Want to see you smiling at 100%. Our family had something run through and knock everybody on their a$$e$ too these past 2 weeks. The door is open.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
It looks like he hasn't posted since November?

yea but i remember him being active in all the uconn fam tweets stuff i was doing in the summer/fall. hmm maybe not but i thought he was active with the other recruits. i dono, mybe its a sign of him not being on board or it could be nothing. maybe some 1 tweet him to see whats up?

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score

The views and opinions expressed by this poster are soley those of the poster. These views and opinions do not at all represent those of The Boneyard, or any reasonable UConn fan.

Reaction Score
You don't send your LOI nobody is holding a spot for you.

You don't hold up the faxing for a party. You fax now and have the party whenever.

We'll see what happens.

Folks, lets not overreact. If I were still thinking about it I'm not sure these posts would help close the deal.

Reaction Score
The views and opinions expressed by this poster are soley those of the poster. These views and opinions do not at all represent those of The Boneyard, or any reasonable UConn fan.

His first paragraph, IMO, is dead on. Personally I wouldn't even post that, but he really should've stopped there.

Reaction Score

That's OK, we've got guys ready to step in just in case.

three_stooges.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak