Official NLI thread | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Official NLI thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
CTHSFB 12:20pm via Camera on iOS
Tommy Myers and his parents Peggy and Norm at his signing #signingday pic.twitter.com/5qc19zQa

BCb-KEcCYAA_Wkz.jpg:large
The Lagow family could not be happier for Tommy and his family and he will be a great addition to the program because he is a good kid.

Reaction Score
Look, run a search on my name and you will see I am neither concerned with a fight, afraid of competition, and do not do anything with a losing attitude so nobody needs to worry about making me happy. I don't play anymore. I have already had a daughter rated in the top fifty players in the nation and recruited D1 in basketball and soccer and she started for LSU for four years and is now finishing law school there and she dated Jarrett Lee for three years so our family knows up close and very well what coaches can do to a Qb or any other player. Richard is sick, his coach has told the paper here that he is sick, the doctor has told him that he is sick, I can take a picture of the doctor's note if necessary.

I just, as I was typing this, received a text that Uconn has added another QB so my advice to Richard will be to take another offer and wish the Uconn program the best. Again is is his decision and he has 20 days to make it and based on this new change, if I were him, it would be hard to trust what anyone says.

Kyle Lagow

There's zero need to justify anything to anyone. lol, especially here. For what it's worth, I hope Richard still signs and shows the world what's up. If not, I wish nothing but the best for your family.

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
Is there any chance they recruited him as an ATH and not a QB?

This makes no sense. FUBAR

Reaction Score
Presumably, Lagow was given until noon today to sign. Lagow called in sick. Staff moved on.

Wow. Just wow.

As I said before, if the staff believed that Boyle was the better prospect than Lagow, and all signs point to the fact that they did, than the staff did what they had to do. But man on man -- they better be right.

BL - this is recruiting, at the level we need to be at to compete at the level we need to be at. Randy Edsall, never entered this kind of arena of competition for players. AT Maryland, they specifically went out after they hired Edsall, to find a recruiting head hunter to put on the coaching staff, and it's paying off for them.

Here's my take on what's happened - do with it what you will.

In the spring and early summer of 2012, Boyle was higher on the recruiting board than Lagow, and Lagow knew it.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
So is that it or is there still a spot for Lagow? This is messed up. Clearly they must know Lagow was gonna back out or else they wouldnt have offered this kid?? Maybe??

I know I would still like to see Lagow come here with a chip on his shoulder and excell.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
If this is the real Kyle Lagow (and I'm sure you understand any skepticism) I tip my cap to you for perservering through an extremely difficult situation. I wish you and your family the best.

Reaction Score
I see him also listed there as a CB. I hope that's where they plan on using him

he might be the tallest CB in college football history. Seems like they will redshirt him and try him at a few different positions in practice. If he can catch, than WR would be an obvious position given his height and athleticism

Reaction Score
Look, run a search on my name and you will see I am neither concerned with a fight, afraid of competition, and do not do anything with a losing attitude so nobody needs to worry about making me happy. I don't play anymore. I have already had a daughter rated in the top fifty players in the nation and recruited D1 in basketball and soccer and she started for LSU for four years and is now finishing law school there and she dated Jarrett Lee for three years so our family knows up close and very well what coaches can do to a Qb or any other player. Richard is sick, his coach has told the paper here that he is sick, the doctor has told him that he is sick, I can take a picture of the doctor's note if necessary.

I just, as I was typing this, received a text that Uconn has added another QB so my advice to Richard will be to take another offer and wish the Uconn program the best. Again is is his decision and he has 20 days to make it and based on this new change, if I were him, it would be hard to trust what anyone says.

Kyle Lagow

Mr. Lagow, today is a strange day for all fanbases (especially ours) understandably. I don't think that under any circumstances do you or your son owe it to us to explain or defend yourselves. Nothing from what I have seen or read indicates that you nor your son are anything but excellent people, and Uconn would be extremely lucky to have Richard here. If you say that RL is sick, then that is good enough for all of us. Please do not feel compelled to justify the decisions or circumstances of the day and argue with conspiracy theorists. It appears that Uconn has added another QB, which we are all suprised by, and that naturally changes the circumstances around the decision.

It is now understandably in your son's best interests to take a step back and look at all the options considering that the situation has changed in such a short amount of time. I still hope that RL decides that Uconn is the best place for him. But regardless of everything else, it is his decision on where to spend the next four years of his life. Not ours to comment nor pass judgment on. Like I said, I hope he still loves Uconn and wants to be a part of the Uconn program and family, but regardless of where he decides to attend college, that school will be thrilled to have a young man who has far more maturity and a better head on his shoulders than I can say that I did at his age. No matter where he goes to school, he will always have countless fans in CT who will be rooting for him, and I hope that his decision turns out being the best one he could have made, regardless if that takes him to Storrs or anywhere else.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
its completely possible that we still need 1 more db. not sure of the kids size. but with branford being 2014 and summers mia, we need 1 at that spot...

Reaction Score
Presumably, Lagow was given until noon today to sign. Lagow called in sick. Staff moved on.

Wow. Just wow.

As I said before, if the staff believed that Boyle was the better prospect than Lagow, and all signs point to the fact that they did, than the staff did what they had to do. But man on man -- they better be right.
Sounds like a showdown. See u at high noon says p. ill be your huckleberry says weist

Reaction Score
He appears to have a pretty big arm. Only saw the first couple plays on my cell phone. But he aired it out pretty good. Could be a good fit for the new potential offense? I don't see him as a corner back at 6-4 6-5 but I guess you never know.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
So is that it or is there still a spot for Lagow? This is messed up. Clearly they must know Lagow was gonna back out or else they wouldnt have offered this kid?? Maybe??

I know I would still like to see Lagow come here with a chip on his shoulder and excell.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
I'm sure the pool reporters don't have to dig deep to word a question for Coach Pasqualoni on this issue. We'll find out at the presser.

I will reserve my other comments for a time a date o be determined..

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
Is there any chance they recruited him as an ATH and not a QB?

This makes no sense. FUBAR

It's possible; like I posted earlier, PP's tweet didn't mention his position, though he did for everyone else...

Reaction Score
Lagow will not be going to North Texas, Lagow has papers that the NCAA has stated are good for 20 days if he wanted to wait (and he did not but might now) and they can not be pulled back or given another deadline, and if a coaching staff signed another QB and had not told anyone then he also already had papers so there was some back room dealing going on but NOT by a kid who had looked forward to signing day for a very long time. He is asleep, does not know about all this mess, and when he feels better I will sit him down and break the news to him and he can then decide how he wants to react.

pj

Reaction Score

Kyle Lagow

I would suggest talking to the coaches and seeing if this player was taken as an athlete / DB / TE / WR rather than a QB. He might just be replacing Jamar Summers who was a WR/DB. If it is a QB it would be a very puzzling and disappointing turn of events.

I never doubted the sickness. I hope Richard will not part ways with UConn over a misunderstanding.

Reaction Score
I'm sure the pool reporters don't have to dig deep to word a question for Cach Pasqualoni on this issue. We'll find out at the presser.

The odds of the herd asking anything about this situation are slim. The odds of getting a direct answer is none. Doubtful PP can comment on a recruit not signed anyways.

The old line is " we have a great group of men who chose UConn and we are excited for them to be here" is what the response would be if asked. Which they won't.

Reaction Score
Kid looks to have a big arm. His 40 time suggests he could be a WR if he has hands. I'm sure he'll have a chance at QB but if it doesn't work out its always nice to have another athlete. Hope Lagow still comes as the competition would be great for the team and the individuals involved.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
I'm sure the pool reporters don't have to dig deep to word a question for Coach Pasqualoni on this issue. We'll find out at the presser.

Don't count on it. I don't think they can talk about anyone not signed to Connecticut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom