Official NLI thread | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Official NLI thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Lagow will not be going to North Texas, Lagow has papers that the NCAA has stated are good for 20 days if he wanted to wait (and he did not but might now) and they can not be pulled back or given another deadline, and if a coaching staff signed another QB and had not told anyone then he also already had papers so there was some back room dealing going on but NOT by a kid who had looked forward to signing day for a very long time. He is asleep, does not know about all this mess, and when he feels better I will sit him down and break the news to him and he can then decide how he wants to react.

The QB commit may have been brought in as an athlete as he is a dual threat, not our offense for the future.

I really recommend you step back as you are not really helping your son's situation by posting on here
Your best bet would be to contact the coaches as I'm pretty sure during this time recruits and their families, who have concerns, can contact them.

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
Lagow will not be going to North Texas, Lagow has papers that the NCAA has stated are good for 20 days if he wanted to wait (and he did not but might now) and they can not be pulled back or given another deadline, and if a coaching staff signed another QB and had not told anyone then he also already had papers so there was some back room dealing going on but NOT by a kid who had looked forward to signing day for a very long time. He is asleep, does not know about all this mess, and when he feels better I will sit him down and break the news to him and he can then decide how he wants to react.

Pretty sure the Taylor kid is not coming in as a QB, just fyi.

Good luck with the decision today/this week. We want you all in the UConn family

Reaction Score
The odds of the herd asking anything about this situation are slim. The odds of getting a direct answer is none. Doubtful PP can comment on a recruit not signed anyways.

The old line is " we have a great group of men who chose UConn and we are excited for them to be here" is what the response would be if asked. Which they won't.

P can't talk about Lagow. He can certainly answer the question as to whether Taylor was recruited as a QB or an athlete. Which, if he's answering honestly, will give us answer enough.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
The odds of the herd asking anything about this situation are slim. The odds of getting a direct answer is none. Doubtful PP can comment on a recruit not signed anyways.

The old line is " we have a great group of men who chose UConn and we are excited for them to be here" is what the response would be if asked. Which they won't.

Kivon Walker committed to UConn. The reporters can't ask what position they're looking for an ATH to play? Did I mention anything about the recruit who did not sign (The answer is: no, I did not)?

Reaction Score
A dual threat QB with no other apparent offers. Interesting

It appears that Yale was looking at him. If so, this is the kind of player that you put down lower somewhere on your draft board, that you're confident can give you multiple options to contribute, and you don't have concerns about academically qualifying if you need to make a last minute move.

It's a rare moment when I agree with whaler11, but the letter wasn't in, you don't treat a scholarship on NLI day, like you're doing a committment hat dance and plan a party later. You sign it and get it in, or people move on.

I fear that Richard Lagow's gotten some bad advice, and it's Kivon Taylor's lucky day. I hope that things work out well for him, and that he feels better soon.

Welcome to UCONN Kivon.

Reaction Score
Nothing is ever easy w/ this program...

cork in the nuts.gif

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
If you step back a minute...I don't see how this really impacts Lagow. A kid with no offers should not be a threat to Lagow's starting time. If he does stay at QB, he is probably just an insurance policy because we know there is a good chance that someone will transfer down the road (which happens to all schools).

My guess is that he is recruited as an athlete.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
One would have to think that this last recruit was not to play QB. If there was no mention of him to RL I would be surprised that they would go behind his back like this. They have not shown anything hint of doing this in the past. I know recruiting is cut throat and dirty but this staff doesn't hsve a record of doing this. However, one would think a call to RL would be placed to reassure him that he is still the only other QB in this class. Maybe it's coming.

I hope for nothing but the best for Lagow and still hope he'll be sporting the UConn hat at his signing day at his school

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Don't count on it. I don't think they can talk about anyone not signed to Connecticut.
I wasn't talking about a certain High School QB from Texas. I was talking about Walker.

Reaction Score
We at least were given some explanation as to the situation with Lagow, what do we make of Summers now that the signing day coverage thing ended?

Reaction Score
P can't talk about Lagow. He can certainly answer the question as to whether Taylor was recruited as a QB or an athlete. Which, if he's answering honestly, will give us answer enough.
As we understand the rules, and they are confusing at this time, there is a dead period for two more days. It is safe to say that while he left the doctor earlier and they measured him at a little over 6'6" without shoes and 220 lbs, I am still meaner and he could not pry the papers out of my hand right now. :)

Reaction Score
I wasn't talking about a certain High School QB from Texas. I was talking about Walker.

Go back and read your post. You quoted a comment strictly speaking of Lagow. How are we supposed to get Walker out of that?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

I know you are just trying to protect him - but you can't possibly believe that anyone with 3 functioning synapses believes anything you have said today.

Just go with the truth. They signed a QB so you decided not to commit. Those are his rights and that's the decision you made.

Not sure how traveling the drama path of AO SR does you any good.

Reaction Score
My gut tells me that Taylor is being brought in as a safety/WR in place of Summers. Has the athleticism and frame to be a nice safety in a couple of years. Could also be a nasty WR combo with the 6'6" Fuchs and a 6'6" Myers at TE. He had interest from Kentucky for a while.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
yale was not after him carl. look at his list of schools and then look at yale. thats just a mischeck from rivals at some point imho. i would actually be worried that the reason schools didn't offer him was grades. but as we found out last week, our policy has changed a bit which is better for us to recruit...

Reaction Score
We at least were given some explanation as to the situation with Lagow, what do we make of Summers now that the signing day coverage thing ended?

How about Walker as an athlete in Summers spot and Lagow still has an offer?

Reaction Score
As we understand the rules, and they are confusing at this time, there is a dead period for two more days. It is safe to say that while he left the doctor earlier and they measured him at a little over 6'6" without shoes and 220 lbs, I am still meaner and he could not pry the papers out of my hand right now. :)

I beg you -- let go of the dialogue with our fanbase, talk to your son and those whom you trust to advise you on the situation and then help your son make the best decision for him. I'd love to think that Taylor was recruited as an athlete and the door is perfectly open for your son if he wants to walk through it. But neither I nor any other UConn fan needs to know what is actually happening.

Best of luck to you and your family.

Reaction Score

I thought dead period was only face to face contact? @uconncompliance can help I'm sure.

pj

Reaction Score
I agree that he would seem to make more sense as an ATH/receiver, probably replacing Summers, than a QB. But then they should have made sure @UConnFootball called him an ATH, not a QB.

Reaction Score
There is a report that Taylor was just in Storrs last weekend visiting. I highly doubt this has anything to do with Lagow wavering and doesn't seem to be any "back room dealings".

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score

Perhaps someone from the UConn compliance office could clarify the contact rules?

Reaction Score
If Taylor is not a QB, that height and weight sounds more like a WR than an Athlete. I wonder if he's going to be looked at at WR and Thomas is going to be looked at as a DB in place of Summers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom