Official NLI thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Official NLI thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
with noel and bradley on campus and boland being #25 we were looking for 23 sigs 2day. what are we up to right now?

missing?
-lagow
-hadley
-

Reaction Score
I saw a pic on the blog of Hadley having his signing event so guess just waiting for his fax to come in.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Our Rivals page shows who has their signature in vs those committed but not signed. Weird that they don't show anyone signed for BC, at least as of a few minutes ago. Some schools hold that back?

Some schools just release the entire list once at the end of the day. UConn used to do it this way IIRC. It is much better for the fans to release them as they come in.

Reaction Score
Looks like Blake Griffin. I bet this kid becomes Adam Masters part two.

Reaction Score
We need him to tweet a photo of his snot rag and the back of his throat.

I want the quick strep throat culture results NOW!!! LOL. Get the antibiotics prescription filled at CVS.

I've been saying for days now, that i"ll be surprised and disappointed if this kid doesn't sign on. Recruiting is high pressure business, and who knows waht can happen. But things sure have been interesting around here! Hell, we got an SMU guy to talk to. :) Pony Express going down to the Huskies.

Reaction Score
Looks like Blake Griffin. I bet this kid becomes Adam Masters part two.

I like his defensive stats too. All State on defense with a load of sacks and TFL's.

Reaction Score
No this is mike Boland

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360167448.317018.jpg

Reaction Score
Not sure if this has been posted...

QB Richard Lagow was also listed & according to HC Jaydon McCullough is still committed to #UConn but was sick and not at#SigningDay

Reaction Score
Guys, he is laying in bed and has an appointment at 9 am but he never is sick and the fever is very high. He will tweet but he would never admit to being sick or hurt. His junior year he broke his ankle and told them to tape it up and then proceeded to try and run on the sideline and then see if he could throw. They would not let him in the game and they operated on him the next day and he needed pins so I don't think his toughness is in question and if he had to tell his coach that he had to delay his signing, it is serious because he worked for signing day and the opportunity it presents.

Its seems to me like there is some back room dealing here. I think that RL is checking his options out, waiting to see if any spots are open in TX. And honestly, there is nothing wrong with this. It you can tweet on twitter, you can also send a copy of your LOI via I-phone or android or whatever smart phone he has. Faxes can also be sent on the internet for free. So its not like he can't sign a piece of paper, rather, lets just tell the truth and mention that Richard is mulling his options. So considering the recent tweets regarding, potential options, taking a step back because the school brought in another QB, I'm not surprised.

Justwinbaby, this is just my personal opinion, and frankly I think that RL is a good prospect, great size, good arm and mobility with a high ceiling. He would do very well at Uconn. But personally, this business, about wanting to be the only QB in the class is nonsense. Seems like the actions of prima donna, instead of a kid thats eager to take on challenges. This is d-1 football in a bcs conference ( at least for 2013). I don't care where he goes, there will always be competition, why does the school have to hurt the team to keep one recruit and his father happy. Frankly, we needed two QB recruits this year, we have three qb's on the roster from last year, one, Scott McCummings, is very athletic but he can't throw the ball a lick, I wouldn't be surprised if he switched positions. The other two Chandler Whitmer, and Casey Cochran, just entered the program last January. And Whitmer who we be a red-shirt junior this year, had two consecutive concussions at the end of the year. Not an issue now, buts its some cause for concern ( knock on wood). Cochran, is a highly touted red-shirt freshman. Fact is Richard is gonna have some competition no matter where he goes, and if he has a chance to make it to the nfl, the competition would be stiffer.

But lets be clear, uconn wants Richard, the fans have been excited to see him, but he's gonna have earn his playing time. That's the reality. He makes our program better and that's why he's wanted but, lets not act like he's already Joe Flacco. Not yet, but he has that type of ability. Give him a chance to fulfill his dreams, he's only going to grow and improve here, he's in good hands, gonna get a top education.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
who ever is the employee who works the uconn twitter, i like now. that thing has haunted me for a while but it seems someone is getting it finally. after the kids sign, they are tweeting players twitters to follow. good job. its not about the extra 5 followers they may get, its about 1 more tweet is 1 more shot at exposure to the masses

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Can we drop the #Bleedblue from our UConn Twitter lexicon?

@UConnFootball is retweeting everyone from Boise State (Greedy b@st@rds are also using #Bleedorange), some team in 'Zona with a Mauraders mascot, and the New York freaking Rangers. I also saw one related to the Blue Jays. I almost thought I read that Rance Mulinicks was going to play nickel corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom