Official NLI thread | Page 15 | The Boneyard

Official NLI thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Or he could be really sick and with the new info, not in a position to make a big decision based on how he is feeling.

And UConn may have rejected the ACC invite twice.

Reaction Score
Why would we sign a dual threat QB at this point unless he was to fill the QB spot for practices and then next year when we bring in another QB he gets moved.

Dual threat with our new offense doesn't make sense.

It makes sense when you consider what draft boards look like. I look at this kid and quickly see an athlete that can play the game, has speed, and is a non-issue with making the cut for admissions and the classroom. You stick players like this down on your board, and make it clear to them, that if the opportunity arises, if things play out, they're getting the call to suit up.

I had never heard this kid's name before I saw the twitter post that he's signed. There's a fixed number of players that can get scholarships. I have no doubt, that today, is Kivon's lucky day. THe draft board played out, and he got picked. I hope that he takes the opportunity that he's been given, and runs with it. I'm sure he's honored to have a UCONN scholarship.

Reaction Score
congrats to the New Huskies! Welcome all, who wants to join Husky Nation! Good Luck to the one's who don't. Great day and God Bless us All!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Geez we're talking about a high school kid deciding on best place for him to be for the next 4 years. If he wants to come here and compete, I'd love to have him. If he feels another choice is right for him, I wish the kid the best. Need another day, that's fine if we have a scholly open. If not, well good luck elsewhere. Love the passion, but lighten up.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Is Lagow that much better than Boyle to the point where you take him, from Texas, and tell the #1 kid in CT who we offered early and obviously liked who fell into our lap no thanks, possibly pissing off a potentially great recruiting pipeline? When you have seemingly equal talents (and it appear by all accounts, they are extremely close) you take the in state kid every time. It's just better for the well being of the program. PP knows this. No brainer in my opinion. AND it's not like an offer was pulled. This is a choice.

Yep. As everyone says, we don't know which is bettter. Boyle is in-state, I think that helps a program that needs more eyeballs. Local kid becomes star QB at UConn sells more papers, turns on more TV sets, fills more seats and sets an example for the next kid. BC wanted him, and had his verbal, so he's a competitive win. So regardless of Lagow's decision, I think we had to take Boyle. What more is there to say? We will see what happens.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Anyone seeing the press conference right now? My screen is just "loading"...just curious if my company caught up with me and cut me off ;)

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
all i get is a "loading..." for the presser

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
wtf uconn. how is this not some planned thing on tv #1 and #2 iits not even working on access. #*@^#_@^$_^_(@

Reaction Score
Gotta say that the more I find out about Taylor the more I think he is coming as a QB. He was not a borderline talent as indicated by the various all-star games for which he was selected. Found this pre-season blurb about his throwing ability. Seems to have quite a leg up on McCummings as he can both run AND throw.

One To Watch Out For:

Grady High School has a Quarterback coming up that is one of the best pure throwers in the state. His name is Kivon Taylor and he could be the best Quarterback inside the city limits. He really had a time of it this summer during 7 on 7 tournaments driving his team down the field, at times effortlessly.

Unless he led his team to the fabled 7 on 7 championship, there is no way he should have been recruited as a QB.......ok sarcasm now turned off.

What Tivon potentially provides is some flexibility. Played some QB in high school. Reportedly can throw and run (ahem....an effective wildcat QB that can put some pressure on the edge). But if other QBs pan out can easily move to WR or with his frame easily pack on some pounds and play any of several positions. As a late in the game recruit the flexibility he may provide makes him a "value" pick. Plus as an outstanding student he helps all of the academic metrics for the team.

Reactions: pj

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I love the scene from the Simpsons where Nelson has to apologize to all the people at the school he stole stuff from, they're standing in a line and he says to Mrs. Krabaple "Get bent, Ma'am."

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
wtf uconn. how is this not some planned thing on tv #1 and #2 iits not even working on access. #*@^#_@^$_^_(@
As of 3:40 PM the presser hadn't started yet, according to Emily Noonan. But a tweet from @UConnHuskies would be nice. Maybe PP's on the phone with Lagow? (not that I'm holding my breath)

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
hey uconn, how about a tweet or just something letting everyone know u frucked up. chesus u left the fanbase hanging. real nice job. def gonna help your cause selling tshirts and tickerts.

Reaction Score
Seriously -- you want to publicly say questionable things about a recruit while the recruit may be on the fence? How about shutting your piehole and letting it play out?

Extremely, rude comment by you business lawyer. unwarranted. If you wanna stick your head in the ground and play stupid that's on you. But I don't think that all the @ss kissing in the world was gonna bring this kid here when his father doesn't want him to go. It not even worth my time but if you review his father's posts over that past few days, it is obvious that this was going to happen. Additionally, even lagow tweeted the following:

Desmond Conner @desmondconner
#UconnFootball recruit Richard Lagow:"Right now I plan on signing but sometimes plans change, not saying mine will but nothing is guaranteed ( this is less than 24 hours before NLOI day, then turns up sick the next morning, yet he is tweeting away all day............)

Here are some of his father's quotes:

Tim Boyle to UConn, per Dez
I think what I am most concerned about is the concentration of qb's now at a freshman level. You have two true freshmen and a redshirt freshman. One or even two will have to go elsewhere at the end of the season if they want to play and then you will have a healthy cycle of a 2014 qb coming in. But only one of the three can play and if they use a redshirt this year then that player will have to sit out this year and then next year in order to transfer to play. There is no doubt that competition makes stronger players but none of the three, no matter who wins, deserved to make up for prior recruiting failures at the cost of their playing. They all,want to play and they have worked hard to get the chance. In an ideal situation the staff would have brought in a juco player to support the lack of depth. That did not happen and now, on a team filled with local talent in a close community, the kid from Texas will be the odd man out. And one last trivial note: if he does come he is bringing his 2012 Raptor with him and I will knock on the nearest homes and ask if they will let me build them an extra garage for free as long as my son can park his trimmed out truck there for free while he is in school.
So you can sit in front of the computer and scream all day, it is what it is. So shut up, cause ur not as smart as you think you are, business lawyer.

Collapse

· 3 RETWEETS

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
this delay for w/e reason can simply be solved by uconn not being in 3rd grade. email and tweet the fanbase sorry we have a delay for reasons xyz we will start it at this type blah blah. the fact that we cant do that is crazy. ad sucks

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
It has started....and man PP is as dry as a popcorn fart. How about a smile? Maybe a little enthusiasm?

Reaction Score
this delay for w/e reason can simply be solved by uconn not being in 3rd grade. email and tweet the fanbase sorry we have a delay for reasons xyz we will start it at this type blah blah. the fact that we cant do that is crazy. ad sucks

Oh , God forbid the press conference starts 10 minutes late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom