Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
red tie? glad to know we changed our school colors to lousiville

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
why the suit? is this that formal? why can't we wear a uconn football polo for the masses to see.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Yep..who knows. Where he ends up may give us a clue. If it's Texas A&M..that says one thing. If it's Tulane...that says another.

Oh no...he mentioned McNabb again.

He's didn't want to compete with a 3 star recruit from Xavier, you think he's going to choose to play behind Johnny Football? I know, I know. You were just using them as an example...;)

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
the backround banner should have uconn twitter logo and other things besides just the husky dog and uc.com....

glad i can help u do ur frucking job warde

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
"Sorry, sir, you're only allowed to bear blue ties from here on out."

i have seen many bball coaches wear full suits color wise and plenty of fball coaches where school polos and colors in these types of things. meanwhile our old, half voiced memory lasped coach has a rutgers tie on and is talking about cuse players. great day for uconn!!!! (sarcasm)

Reaction Score
How about listening to what he is saying about the recruits

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I hate to break it to you, but nobody is watching this other than a fraction of boneyarders.

families are of the players and hes got a rutgers tie on talking about cuse players. friends of the players are, those are future fans of uconn becuase there best friends plays for them now. no one here gets it. it amazes me. it must be something in the dam water up in storrs or something. no one knows how to be big time. everything matters. everything. first impressions and brand power are important. we the bed daily.

Reaction Score
The attack on you was so unwarranted and unfair that it quickly received 21 likes.

But don't let the view of basically everyone cause you to reflect on whether you might have been totally out of line.

oh no!!! The appeal to popularity? Yes, I guess you just did go and do that.

I'd have to go back and look, but I think I was the only one who liked huskynation's first post, and I liked it immediately. maybe more now. I'm not sure the attack on you was necessary, but whatever.

I think later, I'm going to pass whaler a note after gym class to tell him I really do like him. LOL.

I think some of the weaker stomachs got sorted out around here today!!

I'm very pleased with the 2013 UCONN Football recruiting class.

See you all later.

Reaction Score
Its seems to me like there is some back room dealing here. I think that RL is checking his options out, waiting to see if any spots are open in TX. And honestly, there is nothing wrong with this. It you can tweet on twitter, you can also send a copy of your LOI via I-phone or android or whatever smart phone he has. Faxes can also be sent on the internet for free. So its not like he can't sign a piece of paper, rather, lets just tell the truth and mention that Richard is mulling his options. So considering the recent tweets regarding, potential options, taking a step back because the school brought in another QB, I'm not surprised.

Justwinbaby, this is just my personal opinion, and frankly I think that RL is a good prospect, great size, good arm and mobility with a high ceiling. He would do very well at Uconn. But personally, this business, about wanting to be the only QB in the class is nonsense. Seems like the actions of prima donna, instead of a kid thats eager to take on challenges. This is d-1 football in a bcs conference ( at least for 2013). I don't care where he goes, there will always be competition, why does the school have to hurt the team to keep one recruit and his father happy. Frankly, we needed two QB recruits this year, we have three qb's on the roster from last year, one, Scott McCummings, is very athletic but he can't throw the ball a lick, I wouldn't be surprised if he switched positions. The other two Chandler Whitmer, and Casey Cochran, just entered the program last January. And Whitmer who we be a red-shirt junior this year, had two consecutive concussions at the end of the year. Not an issue now, buts its some cause for concern ( knock on wood). Cochran, is a highly touted red-shirt freshman. Fact is Richard is gonna have some competition no matter where he goes, and if he has a chance to make it to the nfl, the competition would be stiffer.

But lets be clear, uconn wants Richard, the fans have been excited to see him, but he's gonna have earn his playing time. That's the reality. He makes our program better and that's why he's wanted but, lets not act like he's already Joe Flacco. Not yet, but he has that type of ability. Give him a chance to fulfill his dreams, he's only going to grow and improve here, he's in good hands, gonna get a top education.

Mr. Lagow you might want to skip over this post.

I totally agree and I am calling "BS" on this one. I don't buy this for one second. RL may be sick but if he can tweet, he can sign his LOI. He doesn't need the dog and pony show, just the signed LOI. I understand it his big day, but in the end this is about getting a free education and playing football at a top notch institution. Have the media frenzy whenever you want. I have kids. My kid gets a high fever, I call the pediatrician. They say, give them Tylenol, see if the fever comes down. If not bring them in. they never say don't sign your signature, that's dangerous. What I don't get is he's tough enough to play with a broken bone, but he can't sign the LOI because of a high temp. Hmm???

Here's my crazy conspiracy theory.

RL was all UConn until a few days ago when the hometown kid with offers from BC, Florida, Pitt, UMass, Syracuse and UConn (not North Texas), was back in the mix. Now, he's not sure. He figures he maybe gets a RS year, if he doesn't win the job as a true frosh. Whitmer's gone in 2014, he's better then what we have in the cupboard. His comp is 6'0 Casey Cochran, who put up huge HS numbers against Pop Warner teams in CT. RL's a legit 6'6 and 8/16 and played in the best HS league in the country, won a 7v7 title, and holds offers from UConn and perennial powerhouse North Texas. He can win that job, be the starter for 4 years, 3 at the least. Then, BC changes coaches, Tim Boyle falls on UConn's doorstep. Local kid, big talent, big offers. Uh Oh!! RL's not the only sheriff in town anymore. Mr. Lagow's post start to raise eyebrows on here. He's trying to save face and at the same time get a feel for the local perspective on the new QB competition. Let's knock Boyle a bit, say he didn't want UConn, 2 QB's in one class won't work, this could change things for Richard....etc...etc. Let's put a feeler out there, see where this goes. The locals, for the most part, want both QBs. That ain't good. RL doesn't shy from competition.....but??? Son, let's hold on for a few more days. See what happens at other schools. North Texas will still be there, but maybe one of the big schools will have someone flip. If the situation's right, we find a new garage for the Raptor. They got that hometown kid now, he was offered by Florida and such. That ain't North Texas. The competition just got a bit stiffer, you sure you want to do this? Miles from home, competing against a local. You don't have the home field advantage. What if he's that good?

I don't think he will sign with us. He'll see what shakes out over the next day or two. If a school needs to add a QB late, he may find a home. If not he can always go to North Texas, play as a frosh and lead them to victory in the Gasex Chili Bowl.

With or without RL, we have one hell of a recruiting class in 2013.

Reaction Score
He is giving an overview if how the players are fitting his offense. If its not good enough go play on the monkey bars

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
dez: whats good paul?
paul: dez, i coached mcnabb. he redshirted. i turned him into a player. i'm not sure if cole will redshirt or not.
dez: what about the qb position? i didn't get to take boyle out to dinner like i took stewart out 2 years ago, how did that play a role in another qb not being a aprt of today events?
paul: well we over the summer knew 2 qbs was what we needed, we didn't need to reinvent the wheel. when we got kevon today, hes tall. last week when he visited, he was tall. we like tall. protptypical. when i had mcnabb he was close to tall. redshirted. i turned him into a player.
dez: how has the new coaches helped recruiting the closing of this class?
paul: kermit ha been great. he talked with a already solid commit from our state and then got going on 2014.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
the backround banner should have uconn twitter logo and other things besides just the husky dog and uc.com....

glad i can help u do ur frucking job warde
I don't know... I got a craving for Dunkin Donuts all of a sudden.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
He is giving an overview if how the players are fitting his offense. If its not good enough go play on the monkey bars

what offense? the one we saw last year? i dont need a overview of that. it was pretty obvious what that was.

Reaction Score
Some people are certainly way too wrapped up in a holier than thou perspective on life. I get it that you want a great UConn class, of course, but have not only courtesy and respect but also an open-mind to consider the position of prospective students who should obviously choose the best situation for them.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
are u guys still talking about lagow? chesus. the kid decided uconn wasn't for him and we moved on. DONE

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Mine died, not sure if it was intentional or not.

great so that was it. uconn can't end it with a message to the fans from P saying something to pump of the fanbase and so on. just unreal the show this school is putting on. reeks of mac invites coming soon if were lucky. c k

Reaction Score
I like it and use it quite often. Didn't know I was dating myself that much but I guess that explains the quizzical looks I get when I toss it out there, lol.

You should see the looks I get when I describe to my students (while discussing a work of literature) a young man wooing a woman as being "on the make."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom