Official NLI thread | Page 16 | The Boneyard

Official NLI thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
hey uconn, how about a tweet or just something letting everyone know u frucked up. chesus u left the fanbase hanging. real nice job. def gonna help your cause selling tshirts and tickerts.

My sources tell me pp sent GDL to Texas to personally secure Lagow's NLI, but George got lost at the hospital, and Lagow's already left for home. Presser should start once pp hears back from GDL, one way or the other...this feels like classic GDL.

Sit tight....

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Extremely, rude comment by you business lawyer. unwarranted. If you wanna stick your head in the ground and play stupid that's on you. But I don't think that all the @ss kissing in the world was gonna bring this kid here when his father doesn't want him to go. It not even worth my time but if you review his father's posts over that past few days, it is obvious that this was going to happen.

So you can sit in front of the computer and scream all day, it is what it is. So shut up, cause ur not as smart as you think you are, business lawyer.
Chill out dude. You're free to state your opinion, but if you're gonna say something provocative, while a recruit's dad is reading the forum, don't be surprised when people react to that. Why so sensitive to criticism?

Reaction Score
Unless he led his team to the fabled 7 on 7 championship, there is no way he should have been recruited as a QB.......ok sarcasm now turned off.

What Tivon potentially provides is some flexibility. Played some QB in high school. Reportedly can throw and run (ahem....an effective wildcat QB that can put some pressure on the edge). But if other QBs pan out can easily move to WR or with his frame easily pack on some pounds and play any of several positions. As a late in the game recruit the flexibility he may provide makes him a "value" pick. Plus as an outstanding student he helps all of the academic metrics for the team.

Who is Tivon?

Reaction Score
P basically just said they needed two QB's and that's how we ended up with Kivon. Sounds like Lagow had pulled out and he knew.

Reaction Score
Extremely, rude comment by you business lawyer. unwarranted. If you wanna stick your head in the ground and play stupid that's on you. But I don't think that all the @ss kissing in the world was gonna bring this kid here when his father doesn't want him to go. It not even worth my time but if you review his father's posts over that past few days, it is obvious that this was going to happen. Additionally, even lagow tweeted the following:

Desmond Conner @desmondconner
#UconnFootball recruit Richard Lagow:"Right now I plan on signing but sometimes plans change, not saying mine will but nothing is guaranteed ( this is less than 24 hours before NLOI day, then turns up sick the next morning, yet he is tweeting away all day............)

Here are some of his father's quotes:

Tim Boyle to UConn, per Dez
I think what I am most concerned about is the concentration of qb's now at a freshman level. You have two true freshmen and a redshirt freshman. One or even two will have to go elsewhere at the end of the season if they want to play and then you will have a healthy cycle of a 2014 qb coming in. But only one of the three can play and if they use a redshirt this year then that player will have to sit out this year and then next year in order to transfer to play. There is no doubt that competition makes stronger players but none of the three, no matter who wins, deserved to make up for prior recruiting failures at the cost of their playing. They all,want to play and they have worked hard to get the chance. In an ideal situation the staff would have brought in a juco player to support the lack of depth. That did not happen and now, on a team filled with local talent in a close community, the kid from Texas will be the odd man out. And one last trivial note: if he does come he is bringing his 2012 Raptor with him and I will knock on the nearest homes and ask if they will let me build them an extra garage for free as long as my son can park his trimmed out truck there for free while he is in school.
So you can sit in front of the computer and scream all day, it is what it is. So shut up, cause ur not as smart as you think you are, business lawyer.

Collapse

· 3 RETWEETS

The attack on you was so unwarranted and unfair that it quickly received 21 likes.

But don't let the view of basically everyone cause you to reflect on whether you might have been totally out of line.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Interesting comment...Coach Pasqualoni said that they wanted to have 2 QB' in the class and they'd determined that this summer. Looks like Lagow being the only QB in the class was an assumption on their part...you all know what that means...

S

storrsbred1

If only the UConn coach could speak coherently. It is truly painful listening to him.

Reaction Score
Extremely, rude comment by you business lawyer. unwarranted. If you wanna stick your head in the ground and play stupid that's on you. But I don't think that all the @ss kissing in the world was gonna bring this kid here when his father doesn't want him to go. It not even worth my time but if you review his father's posts over that past few days, it is obvious that this was going to happen. Additionally, even lagow tweeted the following:

Desmond Conner @desmondconner
#UconnFootball recruit Richard Lagow:"Right now I plan on signing but sometimes plans change, not saying mine will but nothing is guaranteed ( this is less than 24 hours before NLOI day, then turns up sick the next morning, yet he is tweeting away all day............)

Here are some of his father's quotes:

Tim Boyle to UConn, per Dez
I think what I am most concerned about is the concentration of qb's now at a freshman level. You have two true freshmen and a redshirt freshman. One or even two will have to go elsewhere at the end of the season if they want to play and then you will have a healthy cycle of a 2014 qb coming in. But only one of the three can play and if they use a redshirt this year then that player will have to sit out this year and then next year in order to transfer to play. There is no doubt that competition makes stronger players but none of the three, no matter who wins, deserved to make up for prior recruiting failures at the cost of their playing. They all,want to play and they have worked hard to get the chance. In an ideal situation the staff would have brought in a juco player to support the lack of depth. That did not happen and now, on a team filled with local talent in a close community, the kid from Texas will be the odd man out. And one last trivial note: if he does come he is bringing his 2012 Raptor with him and I will knock on the nearest homes and ask if they will let me build them an extra garage for free as long as my son can park his trimmed out truck there for free while he is in school.
Collapse
· 3 RETWEETS

Enjoyed the last line of the quote...

Reaction Score
Interesting comment...Coach Pasqualoni said that they wanted to have 2 QB' in the class and they'd determined that this summer. Looks like Lagow being the only QB in the class was an assumption on their part...you all know what that means...

Hearing PP refer to a grown man Kermit just made my day.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
Sorry, not an insult. I was in high school in 1970, and "get bent" was very de rigueur.;)

I like it and use it quite often. Didn't know I was dating myself that much but I guess that explains the quizzical looks I get when I toss it out there, lol.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
watching this reminds me why i held a gun to my mouth watching this fbll team play

Husky25

Reaction Score
Go back and read your post. You quoted a comment strictly speaking of Lagow. How are we supposed to get Walker out of that?

Looks like the reporters are trying to inquire about the QB situation without asking specifically about a certain recruit from Texas.

Reaction Score
P basically just said they needed two QB's and that's how we ended up with Kivon. Sounds like Lagow had pulled out and he knew.
I have no doubt either he knew or Lagow or more likely Daddy Lagow, went wobbly and Pasqualoni said its either now or we go a different direction. The sick thing was a face-saving device since Lagow is now looking for an alternative. He may well have a signing day event on Friday but it will be for someplace other than UConn. Sunbelt or CUSA is my guess.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Wow, McNabb, Harrison and Freeney played for PP? He's never ever said that before ever.
what does that have to do with my post?

Husky25

Reaction Score
Audio just went out

Reaction Score
Looks like the reporters are trying to inquire about the QB situation without asking specifically about a certain recruit from Texas.

Shocking to say the least.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Just asking. Don't be so sensitive.

Husky25

Reaction Score
We'll never know the truth as to what really went down with Lagow.
Much like that DL a few years ago from Northwest Catholic...

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
We'll never know the truth as to what really went down with Lagow.

Yep..who knows. Where he ends up may give us a clue. If it's Texas A&M..that says one thing. If it's Tulane...that says another.

Oh no...he mentioned McNabb again.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
our HC and biggest paper beat writer would rather talk syracuse. just a great message your sending out warde. fabalous. fire P and block the HC until they redo the beat sustem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom