Official NLI thread | Page 14 | The Boneyard

Official NLI thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Its Lucas' bothers instagram account taking a picture of Thomas signing his LOI

Reaction Score
Boland - think we had problems ID'ing him? They don't even have a picture of him on UConn NLI Site :eek:

Reaction Score
Per Tos Taylor is a qb and he was named to the USA academic all american.

Non-Premium: http://connecticut. /content.asp?CID=1469399&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

"After grabbing a flip from three-star quarterback Tim Boyle a few days ago, UConn grabbed a mid-day surprise on National Signing Day from dual-threat quarterback Kivon Taylor of Atlanta (Ga.) Grady. Taylor becomes the second quarterback signed with the Huskies in the Class of 2013.

Grady, 6-foot-5 and 196 pounds, will bring a new dimension to the quarterback position at UConn. Heading into his senior season, Taylor had been receiving steady interest from schools like Kentucky, Georgia Tech, Clemson, N.C. State and Ole Miss.

On the field this fall Taylor led Grady to a 9-4 season and a berth in the AAAA playoffs. His performance led to him being named to the 2012 Georgia All-Star Game as well as the International Game.

Academically, Taylor was named to the USA Academic All-American Team, which resulted in him being recruited by several Ivy League programs such as Yale, Harvard and Dartmouth.

UConnReport.com will look to speak with Taylor to get his reactions regarding his commitment."

Found an older article about upcoming (then) visit to UK:

http://kentucky.247sports.com/Artic...TH-Kivon-Taylor-plans-to-visit-Kentucky-78703

Reaction Score
It's already played itself out. The fans will babble about this for years - the staff has already moved on.

It's an odd position to be in for me to defend P - but when you try to pass the blame to the coaching staff when you've come up with the lamest stalling technique possible, I can't sit back and read nonsense that talks about unethical backroom dealings from the coach.

This is pretty much where I am right now. People have been delusional for 2 days now that Lagow was coming. It sucks, because I think he's by far got a better skill set than Boyle, but this was obvious from the moment his father started posting here.

Reaction Score
Ok, so it won't be live on SNY, at least we don't think. I will be at Ted's anyway... bringing the laptop. Can watch on uconnhuskies.com Don't worry about me, I'll be all right... all by myself. I have friends, I swear.

Reaction Score
It's already played itself out. The fans will babble about this for years - the staff has already moved on.

It's an odd position to be in for me to defend P - but when you try to pass the blame to the coaching staff when you've come up with the lamest stalling technique possible, I can't sit back and read nonsense that talks about unethical backroom dealings from the coach.

This is pretty much where I am right now. People have been delusional for 2 days now that Lagow was coming. It sucks, because I think he's by far got a better skill set than Boyle, but this was obvious from the moment his father started posting here.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score

I don't mean any disrespect, but what qualifications do you have to evaluate skill set?

Are you a fan? former player? QB?

Just wondering because you've made that statement many times.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
So where did Summers end up signing? Or still not committed?

Reaction Score
Trying to confirm that the presser will be on SNY. If so, I'll be at Ted's for a beverage if anyone cares to join me. If not, I may "find some work to do" in the Shenk.
SNY now showing a classic baseball game, Doc Gooden pitching for the Mets which will run til 5:00. Thepresser is not scheduled.

Reaction Score
I don't mean any disrespect, but what qualifications do you have to evaluate skill set?

I'm probably as qualified as Mike Farrell or any of these others yahoos who people seem to think are capable of ranking thousands of high school football prospects.

But, assuming you're not being a (a stretch given your history) and are asking a legit question, I've stated previously that this is based on my admittedly untrained eye.

Happy now?

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score

I almost posted something...but I promised myself I'd wait the situation out.

Reaction Score

He's not allowed to have an opinion on which of two athletes is better? Seriously?

sdhusky

Reaction Score
I'm probably as qualified as Mike Farrell or any of these others yahoos who people seem to think are capable of ranking thousands of high school football prospects.

But, assuming you're not being a (a stretch given your history) and are asking a legit question, I've stated previously that this is based on my admittedly untrained eye.

Happy now?

Thanks. I was just wondering.

I appreciate that you like him and have gone on the record.

I'm happy with Boyle and would have been happy with Lagow, but I'm hoping we got the better one.

None of it matters until someone does it in a real game.

sdhusky

Reaction Score
He's not allowed to have an opinion on which of two athletes is better? Seriously?

Did I saw he is not allowed to have an opinion or did you just jump to a huge conclusion?

He has gone on the record and expressed his opinion, which is great. He might be right.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Staff may agree. They might just be turned off by someone who doesn't want to compete.

sdhusky

Reaction Score
Staff may agree. They might just be turned off by someone who doesn't want to compete.

Or he could be really sick and with the new info, not in a position to make a big decision based on how he is feeling.

Reaction Score

We're all just idiots making opinions on here. No need to attack him for having one. I don't really understand how someone can say that Lagow has "by far a better skill set" than Boyle, but I digress.

Reaction Score

Happy now?

Is Lagow that much better than Boyle to the point where you take him, from Texas, and tell the #1 kid in CT who we offered early and obviously liked who fell into our lap "no thanks", possibly pissing off a potentially great recruiting pipeline? When you have seemingly equal talents (and it appear by all accounts, they are extremely close) you take the in state kid every time. It's just better for the well being of the program. PP knows this. No brainer in my opinion. AND it's not like an offer was pulled. This is a choice.

Reaction Score
Gotta say that the more I find out about Taylor the more I think he is coming as a QB. He was not a borderline talent as indicated by the various all-star games for which he was selected. Found this pre-season blurb about his throwing ability. Seems to have quite a leg up on McCummings as he can both run AND throw.

One To Watch Out For:

Grady High School has a Quarterback coming up that is one of the best pure throwers in the state. His name is Kivon Taylor and he could be the best Quarterback inside the city limits. He really had a time of it this summer during 7 on 7 tournaments driving his team down the field, at times effortlessly. He's got the frame standing at 6'4, but is still raw having only played Quarterback on his varsity team for one season. If his team can help him out, look for Grady to take Region 6 in AAAA this season. If someone hasn't filled their Quarterback slot yet, they should have this kid on their radar.

May never be clear what happenned or will happen with Legow. It may be a Weist situation where he wanted his own QBs to run his offense and he saw Boyle and Taylor as better fits. Regardless of what happens I wish Richard Legow the best as he was a great recruiting ambassador for UConn and impressed many along the way both on and off the field. Recruiting can be a seemingly heartless process at times, especially as it has become more commercialized.

In the mean time UConn is putting the reigns of the program eventually in the hands of 2 CT high school QBs. Lets hope that Cochran and Boyle are up to the challenge.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
huskies all access has 16 of our new signed players hl tapes up fyi. presser at 330

sdhusky

Reaction Score
We're all just idiots making opinions on here. No need to attack him for having one. I don't really understand how someone can say that Lagow has "by far a better skill set" than Boyle, but I digress.

I wasn't attacking him. I was curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr