Official NLI thread | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Official NLI thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm aware of the previous conversations, etc. And you may be exactly right with everything you've said, but I strongly believe neither that nor anonymity gives you or any of us the right to be a . And I am damn sure the vast majority of our fellow BY idiots agrees with me.

You saying I'm acting like a does not make it so. As a matter of fact there are plenty in agreement with much of what I have said but it not available for your viewing pleasure.

I sucked up for a while and then decided to stop sucking up and said politely that today is a day we celebrate people who now #bleedhuskyblue. If or when Rich Lagow joined our family he would be as welcome.

This thread was not the place to have the discussion we had about the younger Lagow. So I said so. The comment about thank you for your interest in UConn football was probably not called for but to tell you the truth I'm not too concerned about the impact on Mr. Lagow's thoughts about us.

Let's move on.

Reaction Score
Sounds similar to another TX recruit we had 9 years ago. For those who don't remember, we had an offer out to a RB from Texas named Justin Forsett. We had offered him, but he was dragging out the process as he was hoping to land an offer from Notre Dame. Right before the signing deadline, we told him either you sign or we are moving on to the 'next guy'. He continued to drag out the process trying to get a ND offer while holding onto the UConn offer. Edsall cut bait and offered the next guy on our list. Forsett lost his UConn offer, never got a ND offer, and had no offers on signing day. Forsett ended up over playing his hand and was shocked that he got left with no offers at the end of the day.

It actually ended up working out well for both UConn and Forsett. The 2004 class was one of our best classes ever, and Forsett ending up getting an offer from California (but not until April...that must have been a horrible 2 months for him). He ended up having a great college career and is now in the NFL.

Sounds very similar to the Lagow situation. He didn't like the addition of Boyle at the last minute and was trying to drag it out to look for other options...then UConn pulled the plug. Hopefully the situation works out just like the last TX recruit who this happend to and Lagow ends up finding a great landing spot and has great future success (hopefully it is not Houston or SMU though...could you imagine the story lines in 3 years if he tears it up for a conference foe?).

SMU and Houston are going to the B1G?

Reaction Score
My gut tells me that Taylor is being brought in as a safety/WR in place of Summers. Has the athleticism and frame to be a nice safety in a couple of years. Could also be a nasty WR combo with the 6'6" Fuchs and a 6'6" Myers at TE. He had interest from Kentucky for a while.

I hope so.. I still hope Lagow is still apart of this new UCONN legacy being built... Check out highlights on Taylor.. Hope he can make a nice transition from QB ( http://www.hudl.com/athlete/633116/#highlights/1671392 )... If for some reason he gets a shot at QB and sticks one good thing about him: he throws a pretty deep ball over top of defenses...

Reaction Score
In any sport, a recruited athlete may initiate a telephone call to a coach. Dead period is only face to face contact and is inapplicable to t/c's and t/m's.

Reaction Score
Yup....my not sucking up anymore ruined our chances of getting him. Get real.

I've been around the many versions of the BY for all 1A LOI days and this is the first and hopefully last time this type of discussion took place.

So spare me.

I'm pretty sure we've had our differences in the past, there aren't many aroudn here that I haven't had differences with, but on this I am with you and I am with whaler.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
yale was not after him carl. look at his list of schools and then look at yale. thats just a mischeck from rivals at some point imho. i would actually be worried that the reason schools didn't offer him was grades. but as we found out last week, our policy has changed a bit which is better for us to recruit...

Dan, I missed the bit about our admissions policy changing. What's the new deal?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Just did a search and saw Yale, and giving my opinion, I think I said (If accurate or something) in what I wrote. No matter what, I welcome the guy.

u ended up being right. i was told one thing and then the complete opposite is correct i guess.

i think ive had just about enough for today with this mess. we got the best class we ever have and still have 1 possible recruit left but the signs all point elsewhere if u look around a bit. it is what it is.

Reaction Score
Kivon Walker committed to UConn. The reporters can't ask what position they're looking for an ATH to play? Did I mention anything about the recruit who did not sign (The answer is: no, I did not)?
Who is Kivon Walker?

Reaction Score
Per Tos Taylor is a qb and he was named to the USA academic all american.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Who is Kivon Walker?
Sorry, I was on Hold with my Ins. Co. and thinking about a third thing. Gotta slow down...;)

Reaction Score
I hope so.. I still hope Lagow is still apart of this new UCONN legacy being built... Check out highlights on Taylor.. Hope he can make a nice transition from QB ( http://www.hudl.com/athlete/633116/#highlights/1671392 )... If for some reason he gets a shot at QB and sticks one good thing about him: he throws a pretty deep ball over top of defenses...

Why would we sign a dual threat QB at this point unless he was to fill the QB spot for practices and then next year when we bring in another QB he gets moved.

Dual threat with our new offense doesn't make sense.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Dan, I missed the bit about our admissions policy changing. What's the new deal?

im not exactly sure but some of the kids we landed lately or have been interested in have been question marks classroom wise. considering how tuff things were all sports wise this fall it seems like hings changed. my theory is that the NBE now will be like the mac or mwc where partial qualifiers will be allowed. most of the schools in the NBE have been operating like that anyway and for uconna nd usf its either play ball or get passed. just a thought....

on the other hand for todays comments, i was under the impression that kivon had some type of issue admissions wise which turns out to be 100% wrong on my end. hes a great student as it turns out. the end.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
LOL. 'Dropping Bombs'. This is D-I football. If you don't sign your letter the school moves on. Trying to make excuses and pass blame is childish.

It's perfectly reasonable to want to be the only recruit in a class. I would approach it that way for myself and advise any relative of mine to do the same.

The staff recruited another player at the position. They knew what might happen and clearly are OK with it. It wasn't done in an underhanded way - it was all very public information.

If you disagree that the staff should have put the commitment at risk because you think Player A is better than Player B - that's fine. But don't try to pretend that the staff screwed anyone or didn't behave ethically.

I agree with your last 3 paragraphs here; I just prefer Jimmy's approach ("I'll reserve comment until this mess plays itself out") to calling the father out prior to the kid signing someplace...

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I agree with your last 3 paragraphs here; I just prefer Jimmy's approach ("I'll reserve comment until this mess plays itself out") to calling the father out prior to the kid signing someplace...

It's already played itself out. The fans will babble about this for years - the staff has already moved on.

It's an odd position to be in for me to defend P - but when you try to pass the blame to the coaching staff when you've come up with the lamest stalling technique possible, I can't sit back and read nonsense that talks about unethical backroom dealings from the coach.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i can't believe the ppl im agreeing with today, its like a miz of some posters i like, some i argue with and some that can't read my stuff. incredible day lol.

i will bump this thread after we will 2 bcs bowl games next year.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
As we understand the rules, and they are confusing at this time, there is a dead period for two more days. It is safe to say that while he left the doctor earlier and they measured him at a little over 6'6" without shoes and 220 lbs, I am still meaner and he could not pry the papers out of my hand right now. :)

Per the rules posted earlier, you can contact them, and the HS coach can certainly contact coach P and find out what is going on. They just can't contact you.

This Atlanta kid does not look like a QB recruit to me. Hell at 6'5"', with a 4.6 40 if his frame can take the weight, he could be an OLB in time.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Domooooo@2DizzyDomo
Shout out to big bro @paiddnfull he signed dem #D1UCONN papers today . One of the few niggas I kno to… http://instagr.am/p/VZo5gMx3Gj/

Reaction Score
Trying to confirm that the presser will be on SNY. If so, I'll be at Ted's for a beverage if anyone cares to join me. If not, I may "find some work to do" in the Shenk.

Reaction Score
Domooooo@2DizzyDomo
Shout out to big bro @paiddnfull he signed dem #D1UCONN papers today . One of the few niggas I kno to… http://instagr.am/p/VZo5gMx3Gj/

At work and without my smartphone (left it in the car)... Who's this kid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom