Official: Mamoudou Diarra to Cinci | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Official: Mamoudou Diarra to Cinci

Reaction Score
Yes, you can ignore threads. And it's called trolling. We are not going to be an attractive spot until we look good on the floor which I hope/think will be this season. A good start to next season should thwart all this negative recruiting. I don't care about this miss unless we actually can't even suit up 12 legit D1 players. It's disconcerting that we lost a kid who seemed like a lock but outside perception can change very quickly. I don't think it has been this bad in a long time.
Didnt know you were trolling, you stink at it lol. But i agree with you on pretty much everything you said. We're fighting a perception problem right now that will only change with winning.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
No, baby. That's an angry spirit. A little chardonnay will get you where we're going tonight.

Enya says everything is just fine. I believe her.

I do believe a receiving a good humming would make me more relaxed.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
ahhh just the way I wanted to end my week. Keep up the phenomenal work, Staff!
This was not UConn's to have and we've known it for a while - maybe you should try to keep yourself up to date Sir
Great post - keep the positives coming

Reaction Score
"Fire Ollie"

Obviously , I know that this is crazy and you're kidding.

However, another dreadful year next year and it really would be very possible that HCKO would be fired.

Reaction Score
No, baby. That's an angry spirit. A little chardonnay will get you where we're going tonight.

Enya says everything is just fine. I believe her.

My wife insisted that Enya helped her relax and she started playing it at night to fall asleep. I got used to it. And she was more relaxed. And nicer and interested in "humming." So Enya is alright in my book. Pinky's up everyone while sipping that Chard...

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
This is like the 75th worst thing that's happened to the program since November.

I know the fact that we didn't get a mediocre player is a bad sign but we didn't get a mediocre player.

NEXT.

(There's a Next, right?)

Reaction Score
Everyone can joke and make merry of this. But the fact is that clearly this guy saw something with UConn that he didn't like. I don't think he will be the greatest basketball player ever and I have a lot of questions about him...but clearly there is something wrong with the UConn basketball program. Everyone thought that Chillious would be the recruiting savior, but it does not appear to be the case. I thought Vance left because of his dad, but now I am really wondering if he and Steve left the program because they see something that we have not be privy to.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
This is like the 75th worst thing that's happened to the program since November.

I know the fact that we didn't get a mediocre player is a bad sign but we didn't get a mediocre player.

NEXT.

(There's a Next, right?)

Oh, there's definitely a next.

This one's about the Caribbean and it stars a young Luke Skywalker in what's best described as a fever dream. But everything's all right in the end.

Reaction Score
Everyone can joke and make merry of this. But the fact is that clearly this guy saw something with UConn that he didn't like. I don't think he will be the greatest basketball player ever and I have a lot of questions about him...but clearly there is something wrong with the UConn basketball program. Everyone thought that Chillious would be the recruiting savior, but it does not appear to be the case. I thought Vance left because of his dad, but now I am really wondering if he and Steve left the program because they see something that we have not be privy to.
Its simple he wants to be a wing and the staff didny view him as such. No secrets here

Reaction Score
Didnt know you were trolling, you stink at it lol. But i agree with you on pretty much everything you said. We're fighting a perception problem right now that will only change with winning.
Wish it was just a perception problem.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The past few hours have convinced me that if Enya has a singing career, there is absolutely no excuse why the rest of us can't have one, too.

The woman sings one song over and over and over.

Reaction Score
So we only perceived losses to Wagner, Northeastern and East Carolina last year?
That effected how recruits perceive us. Which results in a perception problem. Idk what your asking

Reaction Score
He must have some upside. Enough folks pursued him. We'll get to see first hand. I don't think he's Gary Clark II.

Definitely looks like Cincy is heading to the big 12...........................wait, that was last year.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
That effected how recruits perceive us. Which results in a perception problem. Idk what your asking

What I'm saying is that losing can't just be a perception problem...losing is a reality problem. Players are accurately assessing things.

Reaction Score
What I'm saying is that losing can't just be a perception problem...losing is a reality problem. Players are accurately assessing things.
Thats still a perception problem....

Reaction Score
Our inability to prevent them from perceiving reality is definitely an issue.
Definitely. But i dont think things are as bad as they might seem from the outside. I mean saying Cincinnati or seton hall offer better opportunities than UConn is not reality. It just isnt. But with all the transfers and the disaster of a season, its put a negative filter over a still elite basketball program in UConn. I gurantee you if we win and make the tourney next yr our recruiting will pick back up. Would that mean that reality shifted that much in less than a yr? Doubt it

Reaction Score
Ahhhhh, the boneyard. Let's not make this out to be more than it is. This isn't a miss, it's more of parting of ways. UConn only saw one fit, Diarra disagreed, both agreed to move on. Again, I applaud Ollie and co for not repeating past mistakes. Diarra was never a fit here. Giving a ship to him would not have ended well for either party.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom