Official: Mamoudou Diarra to Cinci | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Official: Mamoudou Diarra to Cinci

Reaction Score
Yeah, I'm pretty sure a year's worth of rest will take care of tendinitis.

You might be defining "chronic" as "permanent" and that is an error.

In this instance, it refers to recurring tendinitis and that can be remedied with rest.
The only thing that cures tendinitis is rest.
I once had tendinitis in the wrist so bad I couldn't turn off a water tap
I tried everything , even wearing a brace, but working on a computer all day it never got better this went on for months.
It was finally cured when I had hernia surgery that keep me in bed for a week without any computer access. I don't recommend that fix but rest is the best way to cure tendinitis.

Reaction Score
The 2010-11 team had a hall of fame coach in Jim Calhoun and a very experienced assistant in George Blaney. That team also had Kemba Walker, arguably the best player in the country that year. They also had future NBA players in Jeremy Lamb and Shabazz. Add Oriakhi, Roscoe, Giffey, Olander, Okwandu, and Coombs-McDaniel and that team was considerably better than our current 9 man roster. It really is not a very good comparison.
Actually that's not a bad comparison as those guys were all very young and aside from AO and Roscoe were considered secondary recruits. A Great guard made them all exceed their status. There was little confidence going into that season.
All those guys you now consider great returned the next year and even added DD, and Chiefs friend and managed to go 8-10 in the Big East. A big flop
We know Adams is real good and was probably better his Soph year than Kemba but can he make the jump into greatness that Kemba made . We will find out
We had a Freshman 2 named Lamb who had the right name but was the wrong guy.
This year We have battled hardened vet at the two plus a third guard more highly regarded than BaZz plus an experienced post grad who probably has the capability to lead the team
You have another 5 star st the 3 /4.
If Larrier can shoot we will not be a fun team to defense.
The quickness , penetration, and passing skills of our guards will be tough to defend.
If not for transfers this would on paper be our best team in yesrs.
Somehow we need to find a 4 and maybe we already have him ,I thought Diarra would take a lot of Facey's minutes.
Enoch's departure was huge , I'm hoping for a Louisville suspension , Jackson played over 20 minutes a game as a freshman and still complained so what can you say other than don't let the door hit you on the way out. I already forgot the name of the third guy who couldn't get minutes on a team that at times your 7th man was s walk-on
So in summary great guard play is the key to success and the guys that left are now dead to me.

pj

Reaction Score
We might see Diarra at the 5 and Polley at the 4 fairly often, assuming we don't get any more quality recruits in.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Everything is fine.

It's a nice day. Everything is fine. The weekend is here. There's a 5'11" two-star Peruvian power forward with a club foot who's rumored to be a heavy UConn lean. Everything is fine.

Everything is fine.

Here's an Enya video because that's what relaxed people listen to when everything is fine. Kick up your feet, open that box of chardonnay and let the fineness carry away the troubles that you should not be having because everything is fine.

At least you were kind enough not to subject us to "Sail Away".

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Always mixed with gallons of Kool-Aid and ice in a green bag lined, full size garbage can. If girls will be partying with you then dump $5 worth of cut up oranges in to class it up a bit.

I did it as mixed with Mountain Dew or fruit punch.

Then I invented my own drink which was the shot of clear and fruit pinch, then drop in a kamikaze shot and chug it like a jaeger bomb.

I called it the red dragon.

Reaction Score
Next years team is much more 2013 than 2011. There is nobody near the caliber of Alex Oriakhi on next years team (a shame, because Durham could have been that guy).

So I think we'll be simultaneously encouraging and frustrating. We remember 2013 fondly now, but there were some really frustrating moments that season, and while I think some of the weeding out of the roster could be a positive in the long run, it is too bad that we're in this position again.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Next years team is much more 2013 than 2011. There is nobody near the caliber of Alex Oriakhi on next years team (a shame, because Durham could have been that guy).

So I think we'll be simultaneously encouraging and frustrating. We remember 2013 fondly now, but there were some really frustrating moments that season, and while I think some of the weeding out of the roster could be a positive in the long run, it is too bad that we're in this position again.
We didn't weed out the roster. One or two players, maybe you can make that argument, but three players who would've been huge contributors next season, and your top recruit? Without anyone set up to fill their roles? That's not what happened.

Reaction Score
The 2010-11 team had a hall of fame coach in Jim Calhoun and a very experienced assistant in George Blaney. That team also had Kemba Walker, arguably the best player in the country that year. They also had future NBA players in Jeremy Lamb and Shabazz. Add Oriakhi, Roscoe, Giffey, Olander, Okwandu, and Coombs-McDaniel and that team was considerably better than our current 9 man roster. It really is not a very good comparison.
Pardon me. I meant 2012-13

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
and that can be remedied with rest.
...and the right kind of rehab.

It is possible for it to flare up during the season, but that'll remain to be seen. It's good that he was participating fully at season end.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Ban Kobe
giphy.gif

Reaction Score
We didn't weed out the roster. One or two players, maybe you can make that argument, but three players who would've been huge contributors next season, and your top recruit? Without anyone set up to fill their roles? That's not what happened.

To some extent they did. It wasn't just player selecting system. It was the other way, too. Ollie didn't want to see any of those guys go but I don't think it's a coincidence that the remaining players are who they are. They align most closely with his philosophy and were going to have their minutes and shots distributed accordingly.

Durham is the one that is hard to fathom, but the same could have been said of Roscoe in 2012. Even if the departures aren't the result the program wanted, now that they've happened you kind of have to view them as organic.

Reaction Score
To some extent they did. It wasn't just player selecting system. It was the other way, too. Ollie didn't want to see any of those guys go but I don't think it's a coincidence that the remaining players are who they are. They align most closely with his philosophy and were going to have their minutes and shots distributed accordingly.

Durham is the one that is hard to fathom, but the same could have been said of Roscoe in 2012. Even if the departures aren't the result the program wanted, now that they've happened you kind of have to view them as organic.

Can't disagree at all, but an exodus like we saw this offseason (including MAL) hits the roster really hard. We have 3 potential stars and a whole lot of unknowns other than Vital. At this point rebounding has to be a huge concern although I am pulling like he'll for Diarra to do well as I became an instant fan when I saw his motor.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
THIS IS THE GREATEST DAY OF MY LIFE I THINK

IS THIS GUY EVEN GOOD?
Does it matter? His name is worth hours of quality diarrhea near puns. That's what we are annoyed that we lost out on. I, for one, feel pretty about it.

Reaction Score
He wants to be 3 that can't shoot well enough for the position. No great loss.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
If you can't see that the program has serious issues under its current leadership, you are setting yourself up for disappointment.
Disappointment is rooted in expectation. You appear to have strong expectations of a negative nature. You might be right, in which case you've gotten a terrific head start on feeling bad in addition to feeling right regarding the future of UConn basketball. Interesting use of your time.

Reaction Score
Disappointment is rooted in expectation. You appear to have strong expectations of a negative nature. You might be right, in which case you've gotten a terrific head start on feeling bad in addition to feeling right regarding the future of UConn basketball. Interesting use of your time.

I would like to see a positive change. Nothing wrong with that.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I would like to see a positive change. Nothing wrong with that.
There is indeed nothing wrong with seeking positive change. I'd like the same. Still, if you want to see positive change you probably would up the odds by praying silently for what you desire rather than posting your negative concerns with such regularity. I can't explain why that's the case, but it appears to work that way. And for goodness sake, stop with the illusion that there are posters who have been claiming that everything has been OK and it's important for you to disabuse them of such a notion.

Reactions: pj
Reaction Score
No, baby. That's an angry spirit. A little chardonnay will get you where we're going tonight.

Enya says everything is just fine. I believe her.

I cannot believe the puncher of throats is sipping wine and listening to Enya.

Two days at the Jersey shore drinking beer at the Asbury Park Beer Garden with copious amounts of Tequila
turned the trick.......the sights on the beach reminded me summer is coming and who cares about Diarra.....getting my life priorities straight.....the Jersey Shore is an excellent alternative to Diana's Pool and UCONN BB

Especially when there was not a Rutgers bumper sticker in sight.......they don't care about BB..........and learning why was a blast

CL82

Reaction Score
I cannot believe the puncher of throats is sipping wine and listening to Enya.

Two days at the Jersey shore drinking beer at the Asbury Park Beer Garden with copious amounts of Tequila
turned the trick..the sights on the beach reminded me summer is coming and who cares about Diarra.....getting my life priorities straight.....the Jersey Shore is an excellent alternative to Diana's Pool and UConn BB

Especially when there was not a Rutgers bumper sticker in sight..they don't care about BB.....and learning why was a blast
I'll bite, why?

Reaction Score
I'll bite, why?

Not OP, but I work with a lot of people from New Jersey and they (not kidding by the way) think of themselves as a Football School...dead serious.

CL82

Reaction Score
Not OP, but I work with a lot of people from New Jersey and they (not kidding by the way) think of themselves as a Football School...dead serious.
Lol well by comparison I can see how that would make some sense. They are a mediocre football school, but they are an absolutely abysmal men's basketball school.

pj

Reaction Score

Thus the new motto: "Rutgers University -- the Alabama of the Garden State"

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Being thought of as a Football School got them a P5 placement and two basketball coaches with UConn ties. Can't anybody here keep their foot out of their mouth.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson

Top Bottom