Official Bracket Thread | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Official Bracket Thread

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Tennessee still does not impress me.... Baylor will beat them
All things equal, I do think Baylor is the better team.

But, of all the #3 seeds (Tennessee, Ohio State, Florida State, and UCLA), I think Tennessee is the only one with the depth, size, and speed to challenge Baylor in the round of 16. If they can get a couple of Baylor's key players in foul trouble, they have a chance; they'll have plenty of fans in Lexington, that's for sure.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I can't believe nobody has said if ND is given a 1 Seed I'll eat Shepard's transfer request, or something along those lines. :rolleyes:

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Is the actual Bracket (link?) posted here on the BY?

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I can't believe nobody has said if ND is given a 1 Seed I'll eat Shepard's transfer request, or something along those lines. :rolleyes:
Just another example of the Golden Domers influence on the NCAA, at least to some Baylor fans out there I imagine...

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Who is this bracket is scary? UConn has the best bracket, IMO.

While SC did play surprisingly well in the SECT, a team that is built around 1 star player tends not to do very well against UConn.

But a lot of BB to play to get to that point.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Who is this bracket is scary? UConn has the best bracket, IMO.

That's what was so funny about it. First bracket revealed, immediately complaining about it, without any idea what the other 3 brackets looked like for comparison. If UConn can't get to the Final 4 out of this bracket, they aren't as good as most people think they are. Already beat South Carolina easily on the road and I don't see anybody else that seems to have a legit shot of upsetting the Huskies.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Of the 213 posts on this thread, only a few have come close to pointing out what I think is the salient fact for UConn fans: UConn cannot face more than one of the BIG Troika of Mississippi State / Baylor / Texas, and then only in the Final game.

Everyone (even Geno) seemed to agree that the teams with major size (mainly those three) would be the biggest threat to UConn’s chances. Now, with this bracket, at least two of those three will be eliminated before UConn can possibly play them.

The biggest and strongest player that UConn will have to face before the final game is A’ja Wilson, and while she is certainly deserving of being the Player of the Year and the probably #1 draft choice for the WNBA, she is NOT the biggest or strongest player in the field, and UConn has became fairly accustomed to facing her. Moreover, I don’t think she has the guard play around her that any of the three above-mentioned teams have around their bigs, which should make it easier for UConn to beat the Gamecocks yet again.

If UConn comes out of Albany with the Husky still growling, their semifinal game is likely to be against either Notre Dame or Oregon. They are both very good teams, but not as intimidating as those mentioned above. UConn knows how to play those games against those kinds of teams, and (since about 2013) has nearly always been successful.

UConn might have had to win its NC this year by playing Texas, Baylor, and Mississippi State in succession. This bracket removes that possibility entirely.

Obviously, I think the bracket is very favorable to UConn’s chances for an NC.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Elon already played State this year. wished they would have sent them elsewhere Head bang
Yes, my son is peeved. He was hoping to go out West somewhere - he's losing his spring break time to the tourney and wanted something more....exotic (and closer to his girlfriend)/.

Reaction Score
And maybe add Brenda??? She's probably not too happy again this bracketology season...

Should we add JPM in the mix? These foursome would make a great Regional bracket. Mulkey vs. Dawn and Brenda vs JPM.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Vic Schaefer leads off ... we are going to have to endure this stuff for a little longer...Praise the lord and go Dogs ...I'll go with that for our dogs

You don't have to hear it half as much as we do; they won't be nearly as good next season, though.

Reaction Score
SC and UConn will meet in the Elite 8, I expect SC to play more physical. Can’t underestimate this team.

The ND-vs-Oregon Elite 8 Game will be even more exciting, hopefully Oregon wins that matchup. Regardless of all the injuries, ND always brings their best again UConn. Remember earlier this season, we were down that game until the 4th quarter.
The matchup is better with Oregon, which is why I hope they win

MainefanSC

golfnut
Reaction Score
Yes, my son is peeved. He was hoping to go out West somewhere - he's losing his spring break time to the tourney and wanted something more....exotic (and closer to his girlfriend)/.
Operative word...................GIRLFRIEND. All other negatives take a back seat.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom