Official Bracket Thread | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Official Bracket Thread

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
May have been a 10 that bumped to a 9 to go to Louisville.
But even 10 was a stretch for me.
Maybe, but they weren't even among the last 4 in. No freakin' way.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Head bang

Elon already played State this year. wished they would have sent them elsewhere Head bang

One of the posters on the NC State boards mentioned that he was at RDU airport last week and the Elon team was there, getting ready to fly out to their conference tournament. He got to talking with some of the players and one of them mentioned they were on a mission "so they could get another crack at NC State."

I'm excited about NC State getting a chance to host -- and a potential match up with old-time and former ACC nemesis, Maryland. Go Wolfpack!!

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Here's what Brianna Turner thought of ESPN's injury-related wordplay:

Plebe

Reaction Score
Could be another UCLA-Texas Sweet 16 matchup, a rematch from two years ago in Bridgeport, a game barely won by Texas.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Could be another UCLA-Texas Sweet 16 matchup, a rematch from two years ago in Bridgeport, a game barely won by Texas.
Its possible.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
As much as people complain about him doesn't he have a pretty good percentage each year? I always listen to his input.
Maybe committee members listen to him too...he does work for ESPN and who broadcasts the games? Hmmm. :rolleyes:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
One of the posters on the NC State boards mentioned that he was at RDU airport last week and the Elon team was there, getting ready to fly out to their conference tournament. He got to talking with some of the players and one of them mentioned they were on a mission "so they could get another crack at NC State."

I'm excited about NC State getting a chance to host -- and a potential match up with old-time and former ACC nemesis, Maryland. Go Wolfpack!!

I guess that State and Duke game ended up being the difference in hosting. You guys being sent to Athens and Duke hosting with a potential Maryland matchup on the horizon

Reaction Score
Geno's back home and with an Eagles SB shirt!

It is a tricky balancing act. The committee would like to keep teams near home, for the players, the fans, the cost, and the revenue. If the tournament had great attendance then it would be easier to send teams anywhere, but it doesnt. So you end up putting Elon nearby in Raleigh and Mercer nearby in Athens -- both less than 2 hours from home.

Plebe

Reaction Score
A few people are complaining about UConn's bracket. Misguidedly, in my opinion.

In terms of legitimate challengers to the throne, UConn caught a bit of a break when Baylor, the overall #5 and considered by many to be of #1-seed caliber, was moved to the other side of the bracket in order to keep Oregon in Spokane.

I don't see anything about Miami or Quinnipiac that could cause UConn significant trouble. Probably the only thing I can think of for the Sweet 16 game is that Georgia would bring a very physical style that could ugly up the game and equalize the talent differential. Sorta like Miss State did last year but without as much talent.

Reaction Score
So they hate SCar if they send them West. And they hate them if they send them East.

I guess they should always make sure they are put in the south or midwest and then only if there are ample tickets available to suit their fanbase?

No they hate us because they're always screwing us over. Please be for real. 2016 sent to Souix Falls, 2017 sent to Stockton, 2018 sent to Albany. It's mind boggling when they say they're trying to "grow the sport" but doesn't allow the only team who averages 10,000 fans per game to support?? I'm sure someone like you wouldn't understand when the NCAA practically kisses Muffett's rear end.

Reaction Score
upload_2018-3-12_19-56-34.jpeg

Reaction Score
A few people are complaining about UConn's bracket. Misguidedly, in my opinion.

In terms of legitimate challengers to the throne, UConn caught a bit of a break when Baylor, the overall #5 and considered by many to be of #1-seed caliber, was moved to the other side of the bracket in order to keep Oregon in Spokane.

I don't see anything about Miami or Quinnipiac that could cause UConn significant trouble. Probably the only thing I can think of for the Sweet 16 game is that Georgia would bring a very physical style that could ugly up the game and equalize the talent differential. Sorta like Miss State did last year but without as much talent.

Agreed. Mississippi State, Baylor, Louisville, and Texas would only face UConn in the championship. You are right about Georgia's style. Sorta like UCF. But not sure they have the offense to match us. ND is not totally sure to beat Oregon or Ohio State and we face that winner.

The only thing in Albany to worry about is Aja Wilson and having another 2007 LSU situation where the star gets her points and the supporting cast goes off as well.

I'm most worried about our injuries.

Reaction Score
No they hate us because they're always screwing us over. Please be for real. 2016 sent to Souix Falls, 2017 sent to Stockton, 2018 sent to Albany. It's mind boggling when they say they're trying to "grow the sport" but doesn't allow the only team who averages 10,000 fans per game to support?? I'm sure someone like you wouldn't understand when the NCAA practically kisses Muffett's rear end.

While this thread has a lot of candidates for Whine of the Year, this is clearly a nominee.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom