Official Bracket Thread | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Official Bracket Thread

Reaction Score
Dawn is PISSED. Being interviewed on ESPNU.

Says her fans are being screwed. #1 in attendance. Never get to stay close to home.

Wait, I have read the same thing in this thread by "supposedly" a South Car fan...could it actually be Dawn posting here?

Reaction Score
I think Louisville got screwed. :rolleyes:
Could be, but a 1 loss team that won both the regular season and conference tourney vs. a 3 loss team that lost their tourney final...to a 2 seed.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Who in this bracket is scary? UConn has the best bracket, IMO.
And frankly it's not even close. Shame on you whiners. Some of you sound like a bunch of entitled, over expectant homers.
Of the 213 posts on this thread, only a few have come close to pointing out what I think is the salient fact for UConn fans: UConn cannot face more than one of the BIG Troika of Mississippi State / Baylor / Texas, and then only in the Final game.

Everyone (even Geno) seemed to agree that the teams with major size (mainly those three) would be the biggest threat to UConn’s chances. Now, with this bracket, at least two of those three will be eliminated before UConn can possibly play them.

The biggest and strongest player that UConn will have to face before the final game is A’ja Wilson, and while she is certainly deserving of being the Player of the Year and the probably #1 draft choice for the WNBA, she is NOT the biggest or strongest player in the field, and UConn has became fairly accustomed to facing her. Moreover, I don’t think she has the guard play around her that any of the three above-mentioned teams have around their bigs, which should make it easier for UConn to beat the Gamecocks yet again.

If UConn comes out of Albany with the Husky still growling, their semifinal game is likely to be against either Notre Dame or Oregon. They are both very good teams, but not as intimidating as those mentioned above. UConn knows how to play those games against those kinds of teams, and (since about 2013) has nearly always been successful.

UConn might have had to win its NC this year by playing Texas, Baylor, and Mississippi State in succession. This bracket removes that possibility entirely.

Obviously, I think the bracket is very favorable to UConn’s chances for an NC.
Gee. To steal a phrase, shut up, you're making way too much sense.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Yes, my son is peeved. He was hoping to go out West somewhere - he's losing his spring break time to the tourney and wanted something more....exotic (and closer to his girlfriend)/.
Isn't Raleigh exotic? It's our State Capitol afterall...;)

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Dawn is PISSED. Being interviewed on ESPNU.

Says her fans are being screwed. #1 in attendance. Never get to stay close to home.
Does she have any idea yet that all the tickets in the TUC are sold out except for SC's NCAA allotment of 200 seats? :D

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
The original post had nothing to do with ND. It was about the NCAA constantly screwing SC over. And Cool beans at least the game is now finally "growing".
My point was ND was sent away just like you were to Stockton as higher ranked #1 seeds stayed closer to home. I do not think the committee has it out for SC, just not ranked higher than other seeds who were closer to hosting regions so SC had to travel. I do think if A’ja stayed healthy and played in all your games you would would been a high 2 seed and maybe in in Spokane. So either way, Travel was in the cards.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Beat Notre Dame this year, and ND is probably a #2 Seed with Baylor as the #1 Seed in the Spokane Region. Then I think So Carolina ends up in Lexington. The two losses to the Lady Vols also hurt your chances to be the #1 two seed which also would have put your team in Lexington. Balancing the Bracket which is a committee responsibility put Baylor in Lexington as the #1 two seed. Albany was the closest Region after Baylor was put in Lexington. Got to win the Games you're supposed to. I know A'ja was hurt for one of the two Lady Vol losses.

How do you place the team with the best attendance in an already sold out Regional? Not sure what SC has done to the NCAA but it is clear they don't like us, especially after send us west the past 3 years and now placing us agaisnt the #1 team.

Reaction Score
I think it's interesting that OSU could start and end the tourney in the same city. First two rounds in Columbus, go somewhere else for the regionals, then the semi-final and championship also in Columbus.

Huskie78

Husky fan stuck in South Bend
Reaction Score
I would be very tempted to attend a ND vs SDST game on Sunday, if it were to happen.
Go JACKRABBITS!!

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
Correct me if I am wrong but at the beginning of season OHIO st and Oregon were both top 4? So both have underachieved if so LOL Kinda like how my Bruins have underachieved for 4 years, so c'mon prove me wrong!

Reaction Score
You do realize it's unlikely that it would get to UConn vs. USF in the tournament.

The following have to happen:
1. USF defeat FSU on their home court in round 2 -- very unlikely; road teams do not as a simple matter of fact win very often in the women's tournament first two rounds.
2. USF would then have to defeat South Carolina, the 2 seed in our region.

Then and only then would they get to play us for the regional final. Kind of unlikely.... But if they beat both the 2 and 3 seeds in our region, they will have earned the right in my opinion.
You are looking at it from UConn(fans) point of view. This has nothing to do with UConn. It is all about the injustice to USF. As you have illustrated, USF's reward for surviving the difficult task above is to face UConn. Not the final four, but UConn. That's the point. Don't you think USF chances of making it to the final four from another region is higher? Two #1 seeds did not make it to the final four last year from the other regions. Ask Jose in which region he would prefer to be in.

Reactions: HGN

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
They probably hate Coach Staley for all the complaining she's done on so many topics.

Including the referring, and questioning the league on the officials. That really goes over big.

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score
Florida State almost beat South Carolina last year. Should be a good game.

Georgia does not score nearly enough points to beat UConn. Duke is coached by Joanne P. Nuff said.

I'm afraid, for UGA's sake, that they may be the Mississippi State of 2016.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Beat Notre Dame this year, and ND is probably a #2 Seed with Baylor as the #1 Seed in the Spokane Region. Then I think So Carolina ends up in Lexington. The two losses to the Lady Vols also hurt your chances to be the #1 two seed which also would have put your team in Lexington. Balancing the Bracket which is a committee responsibility put Baylor in Lexington as the #1 two seed. Albany was the closest Region after Baylor was put in Lexington. Got to win the Games you're supposed to. I know A'ja was hurt for one of the two Lady Vol losses.

How do you place the team with the best attendance in an already sold out Regional? Not sure what SC has done to the NCAA but it is clear they don't like us, especially after send us west the past 3 years and now placing us agaisnt the #1 team.
I agree that Baylor should have been the number 1 seed and ND a 2. But once it was clear, which I knew at least 2 wks ago that was not to be the case, the writing was on the wall for SCar.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Oh stop! SC lost six games! If they wanted to be a #1 seed they lost at least three too many games. Just because SC is the defending NC and has a big fan base doesn’t give them special props in terms of the bracket. A couple of years back UConn was sent to Lincoln despite being the overall #1 seed. They won the NC that year anyway. Baylor lost one game and is a #2 seed. So there.

I never said SC deserved a #1 seed! If your going to comment to what I have to say please READ the context of my arguement then reply accordingly! Geez it's not that hard.

Reaction Score
My point was ND was sent away just like you were to Stockton as higher ranked #1 seeds stayed closer to home. I do not think the committee has it out for SC, just not ranked higher than other seeds who were closer to hosting regions so SC had to travel. I do think if A’ja stayed healthy and played in all your games you would would been a high 2 seed and maybe in in Spokane. So either way, Travel was in the cards.

No Lexington? I mean the three years it's been there SC (the best team in the SEC for the past 5 years) has been sent elsewhere. I know I'm getting a lot of grief from fans for "whining" about our placement but I really just want an explanation.

MainefanSC

golfnut
Reaction Score
No Lexington? I mean the three years it's been there SC (the best team in the SEC for the past 5 years) has been sent elsewhere. I know I'm getting a lot of grief from fans for "whining" about our placement but I really just want an explanation.
No Gold Dome????? No preference!!!!!!!!!!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom