Official Bracket Thread | Page 14 | The Boneyard

Official Bracket Thread

Reaction Score
I never said SC deserved a #1 seed! If your going to comment to what I have to say please READ the context of my arguement then reply accordingly! Geez it's not that hard.
South Carolina is the closest no.2 seed to the East Regional.

Reaction Score
So you think the #1 overall seed should get the most Top 25 teams in their bracket? That makes zero sense.
Ths #1 team really shouldn't have to worry about any other team in their bracket - except maybe S. Carolina. So that makes the other six Top 25 teams in UConn's bracket almost irrelevant.

Reaction Score
So I guess with Gabby's superiority to Aja, She will play her one on one with no double teams necessary. I can't wait for round 2
After what has happened the last 4 years in this rivalry. Dont you think commenting like you did is bush league! Aja has not had one AA game in 4 years against Uconn!

Reaction Score
Spokane is still a good distance from Eugene so I doubt there will be very many. I'm disappointed that I ave to pay for a flight instead of being able to drive. I also don't know if I'm high enough in the Gamecock Club to get tickets in Albany, but where there's a will, there's a way.
Wear Gamecock clothing and sit with Uconn fans! I went to Giants game and sat 4 rows up on 40 yard line in my Raiders gear and my team Won!

Reaction Score
Oh come on, now I have to wake up on a Saturday at 8:00 in the morning to watch UConn, guess I'll tape it and start watching when I get up.
Check the score go to bathroom then recheck the score and go back to bed,game over!LOL

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Spokane is still a good distance from Eugene so I doubt there will be very many. I'm disappointed that I ave to pay for a flight instead of being able to drive. I also don't know if I'm high enough in the Gamecock Club to get tickets in Albany, but where there's a will, there's a way.
Keep an eye on the Boneyard. Sometimes a UConn fan can't make the games and will sell their tickets.

Reaction Score
I’m not one to submit to the “woe is me” thing.. I have on occasion in the past.. But I’m not feeling particularly sorry right now.

SC should consider this an opportunity, just like MSU did last year. If you’re unhappy, go out there, play with a chip on your shoulder and actually show up in a game versus UConn for once. Beat the Huskies, earn your respect and tell the NCAA and whoever else to shove it. Easier said than done, but it’s been done before.. just last year actually.

Even if we don’t go all the way, I would be extremely pleased if SC came out angry and just hand out some tail whoopings. Ditch the victim card and defend your title with a vengeance. Go Gamecocks!
Did you get a chance to hear Dawn's comments on her placement in the brackets...if so what are your thoughts?

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
No they hate us because they're always screwing us over. Please be for real. 2016 sent to Souix Falls, 2017 sent to Stockton, 2018 sent to Albany. It's mind boggling when they say they're trying to "grow the sport" but doesn't allow the only team who averages 10,000 fans per game to support?? I'm sure someone like you wouldn't understand when the NCAA practically kisses Muffett's rear end.
Spur - The seeding location is based on winning games, not on attendance. When it was determined that SC was the 8th best team in the tourney, you were locked in to playing UConn no matter where UConn went. When they have the tournament for fan attendance, we'll let you be number 1 and you can pick your site. But until then, just win a couple of more games.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
I think so as well. This is the best matchup for Oregon of the 4 #1 seeds.
I think every #2 seed wanted to be in Notre Dame's region (well, except Dawn Staley, who wanted to be in Lexington no matter the opponent); that's typically the case with the perceived weakest #1 seed . . .

Reaction Score
Several committee members and ESPN analysts kept talking about "balancing" the bracket, but never really explained what they meant other than SC couldn't be in the same regional with Miss. State. But, the integrity of the bracket was compromised, IMO, by the committee trying to fit placements around their higher priority of making sure Oregon was sent to Spokane; it affected Louisville and Baylor the most, and then SC (whose win over MSU was better than any win Oregon had, IIRC).
Noone wanted to ask the simple question regarding SC swapping locations with Texas. Usually this happens because no one really wants to answer that question. Yet, they were quick to point out that the rule doesn't prohibit SF from being in Albany. That really wasn't an answer to the question which was . " WHY" did you put SF in Albany ? Again , unfortunately non of the broadcast crew wants to " really question " the committee spokewoman responses! I mean come on.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Noone wanted to ask the simple question regarding SC swapping locations with Texas. Usually this happens because no one really wants to answer that question. Yet, they were quick to point out that the rule doesn't prohibit SF from being in Albany. That really wasn't an answer to the question which was . " WHY" did you put SF in Albany ? Again , unfortunately non of the broadcast crew wants to " really question " the committee spokewoman responses! I mean come on.
You lost me on the response as I think your autocorrect invoked and you transposed cities (why would SC be prohibited from Albany vs. KC where MSU is). I was looking through the rules last night to see if any prevented SC from being in the MSU bracket as the #2 seed as it seems to me SC was the overall #7 seed with Texas being #8. But as one of the rules states the first 3 teams from a conference must be put in different brackets, I didn't know if that applied here. Maybe @vowelguy or @Plebe could enlighten us as I know they have a better handle on the rules than I do.

Reaction Score
Not questioning the #2 seed. We have 7 top 25 teams in our bracket! 7

As others have mentioned, UConn will not play all of them. Take the 1st and 2nd rounds in Athens Georgia, there will be 4 such ranked teams (#18 Georgia, #20 Duke, #23 Belmont and #25 Mercer). First of all, yes you can say (you did say) these teams are top 25 but c'mon the highest ranked of the group is Georgia #18. The guarantee, from this group, is that one of them will survive and will have the privilege to move on the Albany Regional and probably will go up against UConn.

Reaction Score
You lost me on the response as I think your autocorrect invoked and you transposed cities (why would SC be prohibited from Albany vs. KC where MSU is). I was looking through the rules last night to see if any prevented SC from being in the MSU bracket as the #2 seed as it seems to me SC was the overall #7 seed with Texas being #8. But as one of the rules states the first 3 teams from a conference must be put in different brackets, I didn't know if that applied here. Maybe @vowelguy or @Plebe could enlighten us as I know they have a better handle on the rules than I do.
Last night there was a discussion questioning SF in the Albany region. The spokeswoman said the rules did not prohibit this. However, the question that was never answered was " why " did they place SF in that region . So, the " real " question was never addressed . Then there was discussion as to bracket imbalance regarding Baylor and Miss. St. , but swapping sites between SC and Texas was never even brought up ! SC could have been sent to Kansa City, with Texas placed in Albany. How that would have created an imbalance is totally beyond me.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Last night there was a discussion questioning SF in the Albany region. The spokeswoman said the rules did not prohibit this. However, the question that was never answered was " why " did they place SF in that region . So, the " real " question was never addressed . Then there was discussion as to bracket imbalance regarding Baylor and Miss. St. , but swapping sites between SC and Texas was never even brought up ! SC could have been sent to Kansa City, with Texas placed in Albany. How that would have created an imbalance is totally beyond me.

When that question was asked during the Bracket reveal, I immediately thought it must have come from one of the posters here on The Boneyard. And you're right: the Chair never answered the question of why USF was placed in UCONN's region.

Reaction Score
And there 3 other games scheduled at the same time on ESPN2?

Likely they will start with the UConn game, then, if it looks to be a runaway, they will give more time to the other three. But whatever happens, they will have to show parts of all 4 games.

Reaction Score
When that question was asked during the Bracket reveal, I immediately thought it must have come from one of the posters here on The Boneyard. And you're right: the Chair never answered the question of why USF was placed in UCONN's region.
Exactly. Very typical . At least on men's side we get an answer, of some kind !

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Texas was in the East twice 2015 and 2016. They played Uconn both years.
We were the #5 seed in 2015 and upset #4 Cal in order to advance to play UConn in the Sweet 16. Even though we did play UConn in two consecutive tourneys, we weren't a Top 4 seed in 2015. In 2017, committee probably didn't want to send Texas to UConn's region a third straight year. But, this season, if Miss. State has not been the #2 seed overall, I think the committee would have had no choice but to send Texas to Albany.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Last night there was a discussion questioning SF in the Albany region. The spokeswoman said the rules did not prohibit this. However, the question that was never answered was " why " did they place SF in that region . So, the " real " question was never addressed .
If you want an answer, it is because USF is within driving distance to Florida State, and the NCAA can save money on airfare by sending the team via bus instead of flying them out to Ohio State, Tennessee, or UCLA.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Spur - The seeding location is based on winning games, not on attendance. When it was determined that SC was the 8th best team in the tourney, you were locked in to playing UConn no matter where UConn went.
That's not how I saw it. At worst, USC was the #7 team in the rankings (just like they were in the last reveal), and perhaps even moved up to #6 ahead of Oregon based on their 3 wins in the SEC tourney over Tennessee, Georgia, and Miss. State. SC was placed in Albany simply because the committee wanted Oregon in Spokane, and couldn't place SC with Miss. State in KC.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom