Official Bracket Thread | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Official Bracket Thread

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
Correct me if I am wrong but at the beginning of season OHIO st and Oregon were both top 4? So both have underachieved if so LOL Kinda like how my Bruins have underachieved for 4 years, so c'mon prove me wrong!

Ok. You're wrong about Oregon. They began the season ranked 11th and I believe that 6th is the highest they've been all season. No "kind of like" here; this is one place your Bruins clearly come in first.

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score
Why is it that, after having watched this selection process for over a decade, I've never come across a post on any fan board that says: "Wow, the selection committee loves us!" Instead, it is always: "the committee hates us", "the committee is biased against us", or "the committee screwed us again".

I understand some fans are homers, but at least be intelligent homers. The NCAA selection committee couldn't possibly have so much hate to spread around.

So, please allow me to declare: the committee loves UCONN; we are overall first seed again; and the second seed in the region is a team we thoroughly whopped in a game with their star player in attendance.

Ok, here you go...

I was extremely worried that after losing to SC in the last game of the year and "falling" to 32-1 and ending up 4th in both the AP and Coach's Polls, MSU would end up as low as the top #2 seed and surely have to play Baylor in a possible Regional Championship and UConn in a possible National semi.

I'm tickled to death the committee saw things differently than the AP voters (especially the one who placed a 32-1, undefeated regular season champ SEC team #7) and gave MSU a fair draw and set up a possible NC game rematch with the Dynasty.

Honestly, I think the committee did an outstanding job setting up numerous intriguing matchups throughout the bracket.

Reaction Score
image.jpg

So I guess with Gabby's superiority to Aja, She will play her one on one with no double teams necessary. I can't wait for round 2

Are you dissing Gabby, the reigning national defensive player of the year, in the Boneyard?

UConn vs. South Carolina - Game Summary - February 1, 2018 - ESPN

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I'm going out on my own limb and say that chance is somewhere between 0 and 5%. USF plays physical but, if the refs let SC play anything like an SEC game then USF will learn there's a whole 'nother level of physical. Who does USF have who is going to even slow down Wilson? And if Laksa gets defended properly (and physically) she will be so frustrated her head might explode.
South Carolina plays infinitely better defense than Ohio State and will be harassing Laksa all night.

You nailed it about Wilson as well. She will have a field day on the inside against Rader and Henshaw, who are going to foul out in the 3rd quarter unless they just let Asia get 45.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Count me as one that will be very surprised if USF advances to the Regional Final to meet UConn. They are certainly a quality team, but I don't think they've done anything to indicate they are a team that is going to win 3 games in the Tourney. They've been playing UConn 3 times per year ever since the AAC came into being, right? The odds are fairly high that they would manage to play the Huskies somewhat close on a few occasions, with that many matchups.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I actually am worried for USF in the first round; forget about whether than can beat FSU and SC. Buffalo is a legit team. And after their tough loss to Central Michigan in the MAC final, they will be hungry.

Reaction Score
OMG South Florida again??? Why?? How hard is it to move them to another bracket? There are only two AAC teams!
This is bordering on criminal. Aresco needs to be putting them on notice.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Oh come on, now I have to wake up on a Saturday at 8:00 in the morning to watch UConn, guess I'll tape it and start watching when I get up.

Plebe

Reaction Score
One thing that is always interesting to me is comparing the women's committee's decisions to those of the men's committee.

This year, the women's committee axed Rutgers for a feeble finish, despite a resume of quality wins that any other year has gotten a team in.

On the men's side, Oklahoma and Arizona State both got at-large bids despite horrendous finishes that made Rutgers look good by comparison. Oklahoma lost 11 out of their last 15 games. Arizona State lost 5 out of their last 6 and finished 8-10 in a quite weak Pac-12.

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
They COULD, but I’ll be very surprised if they make the Final Four. They’ll need to shoot 60%.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think Oregon St brings their Orange and beat the LVs who have their own Oregon flavor going with 3 players from that state in their roster. Rueck vs. Holly in a chess match...really? I know who my money is on.:rolleyes:

Oregon St vs. BU would be very interesting.....
A top-10 coach vs. a top-100 coach?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Yes, my son is peeved. He was hoping to go out West somewhere - he's losing his spring break time to the tourney and wanted something more....exotic (and closer to his girlfriend)/.

I bet so..... first thing I thought about when I saw that selection was that instead of traveling somewhere faraway.... the pep band heads 30 minutes down interstate 40 Head bang

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Only a few hours away in Athens, though...

Yes... at least Lexie Brown's family (Atlanta metro) wont have to travel far to see her play in possibly her last games (in college).

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I bet so..... first thing I thought about when I saw that selection was that instead of traveling somewhere faraway.... the pep band heads 30 minutes down interstate 40 Head bang
Will you come to Albany if your team gets past Georgia? If so, bring donuts!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Especially when one of those "ranked" teams is Belmont, a 12 seed.

I expect Duke to do everything not to get past Georgia.
I hope Triad will confirm this. This may have been discussed earlier. I have not read the posts above.

Wouldnt shock me to see a Belmont vs Mercer battle in the 2nd round.

Will you come to Albany if your team gets past Georgia? If so, bring donuts!

Im sure Albany is a nice place to visit.... and in the future perhaps I'll make it to Albany when I do a tour of Northeast State Capital tours....... but a March 2018 trip to see my beloved team get destroyed by 77 points isnt exactly high on my list of things to do :oops:

I'd be willing to fedex some Donut World Donuts to BY members if Duke could keep the final margin of that possible matchup to less than 10 points :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Not questioning the #2 seed. We have 7 top 25 teams in our bracket! 7
With 25 teams (in the Top 25!) one of the brackets had to have 7 teams. The others have 6 each. No biggie.

Reaction Score
I think it's interesting that OSU could start and end the tourney in the same city. First two rounds in Columbus, go somewhere else for the regionals, then the semi-final and championship also in Columbus.
They wont be making the return home trip!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom