Official Bracket Thread | Page 18 | The Boneyard

Official Bracket Thread

Reaction Score
VG- well a couple of things, if you say 2:30 why would you start the game at 2:10? It’s not like the fans are in a rush in the venue. Look at the Men’s bracket, every game is scheduled 2.5hours after the first game. That’s why I was scratching my head. We’ve all been watching these tournaments for years and we all know the 2nd games starts 30 minutes after the first one ends, so just print it.

The games start 30 minutes after the previous game is done. It is that way for all NCAA tourney games, mens and womens. Nobody knows when that will be. But, yes, it could be at 2:10 if the Noon game finishes quickly.

Reaction Score
1st game at Gampel..UCONN vs St.Francis. 110:00 Saturday..
Does anyone know what time the game is scheduled for on Monday
UCONN vs winner of Miami/Quinnipiac...7:00/9:00pm

Reaction Score
1st game at Gampel..UCONN vs St.Francis. 110:00 Saturday..
Does anyone know what time the game is scheduled for on Monday
UCONN vs winner of Miami/Quinnipiac...7:00/9:00pm

Not set yet.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I have not read through all 18 pages of this thread. Someone has probably made the same observation I did when the brackets were revealed. I thought UConn got an excellent draw, especially getting ND on their side as the other #1 seed. Most of the other notable top 10 teams are on the other side of the bracket.

UConn will only have to play 1 of the BIGS on the other side of the bracket. Baylor/Mississippi State/Louisville/Texas. The best game on that side of the bracket, and probably the most anticipated is Baylor/Mississippi State. Since only 1 team will win 6 games, at least 3 #1 seeds will fall. Which #1 seed will have the dubious distinction of being the first one to be sent home? :confused:

Reaction Score
Just have to comment on ex nutmeggers prediction previously in this thread about USF meeting U Conn in this years tournament.
I think their first round loss proves a few things to me. One can not just look at comparable scores and how a specific team does well against another and project that into greater success. Match ups and style of play are extremely important. USF matched up pretty well with U Conn and loses in not a close one in the first round. Look at this absurd game against St Francis who tried to run and gun with U Conn. How did that turn out?
I truly don't think Jose is such a good coach as many seem to credit him for. Bringing a team from nowhere to respectability is not the same as then taking it to true contention and competitiveness. It is also not the same as winning one championship first and then repeated ones thereafter.
Lastly there's a huge mental, psychological component to this and any competitive sport. The reason many analysts this year think U Conn may not win again is at least partially because of MS'swin last year shows it's possible. This gives them added confidence that it can be done. I agree with that concept completely. At the same time, losing can either lead to maybe more losing, or it can make an individual and team that lost, realize they can't take anything for granted and give them additional motivation.
I think other teams have good reason to wish and hope they can somehow duplicate what MS pulled off last year. I also believe each and anyone of them are in for an awakening. This years U Conn team is so much better than last years team, and that loss will stick with the core four intensively but Kia and Gabby more so, and I wouldn't want to wake either of them. Also we have KLS who hasn't yet been able to play in a championship game. Her competitiveness and drive may play a role too. We also have all that the new CD brings; the quality big that AZ is mostly offensively but growing regularly and in other areas. And maybe something meaningful from MW before they are done.
Bronx23

Reaction Score
I have not read through all 18 pages of this thread. Someone has probably made the same observation I did when the brackets were revealed. I thought UConn got an excellent draw, especially getting ND on their side as the other #1 seed. Most of the other notable top 10 teams are on the other side of the bracket.

UConn will only have to play 1 of the BIGS on the other side of the bracket. Baylor/Mississippi State/Louisville/Texas. The best game on that side of the bracket, and probably the most anticipated is Baylor/Mississippi State. Since only 1 team will win 6 games, at least 3 #1 seeds will fall. Which #1 seed will have the dubious distinction of being the first one to be sent home? :confused:
I agree that U Conn got an excellent draw, with only SC in our region being potentially some competition. They, Wilson and Dawn have yet to show they can even stay with U Conn let alone win.
If we get to face ND in the semi final (and I'm not sure they are getting that far) they only worry me because MM is a great coach and stylistically they can stay with us. They surely have similar depth problems vas we do . They haven't been able to get over the hump against us in the last few years though.
I think MS vs Baylor should be a good one and I'm not a big McGowan fan and playing against Baylors two quality bugs might well do them in.
Louisville certainly is a very good team but to this point, what have they truly won lately.
Sorry that's not a real answer to your question just some thoughts.
Bronx23

MainefanSC

golfnut
Reaction Score
Just had to come back and toot my own horn:cool:!
Holly has racked up an impressive number of 'firsts' of a dubious nature.
There are potentially many more "dubious" records to strive for. That is why they need to sign Holly for the long term.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom