NON-Uconn WCBB News | Page 18 | The Boneyard

NON-Uconn WCBB News

Status
Not open for further replies.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
This is what Maryland does except for the famous wall student section. But we don't have 5 figure attendance except for when we play UConn or the annual field trip game in November. .
I made visit to the Terps Den a few weeks ago and was saddened to see so many open seats and only the Pep Band there (they were great, BTW, which I noticed thanks to @HuskyNan comments about the bands!). I really enjoyed myself and will go to the 1st 2 rounds when they host. Not sure I will wear red or gold but I will be there! ;)

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I'm guessing this may have been discussed in the opening minutes (which I missed) of yesterday's broadcast, but USF disclosed the reason why Laura Ferreira has been out:

Prior to Monday’s game, Laura Ferreira, who last played Jan. 5 at Temple, announced via a team-released video the exact illness that has kept her away from basketball.​
“I’m not playing right now because I had some [heart] palpitations before — while I was playing,” Ferreira said in the video. “The doctor took me out, I did a bunch of tests and, unfortunately, it showed [Ventricular tachycardia]. And the next step is to put a defibrillator on.​
She is one of the players you DESPISE playing against but would love to have in your fox hole as she did everything and every trick to be effective. Not a fan of her style when she was healthy but respected her and wish nothing but the best for her. I also liked how Geno/Jose agreed to the bucket for her as she is a top player in Bulls WCBB legacy.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Foul trouble starting to play a factor here. Both Ibis and Onyenwere are playing with 3, and Drummer also with 3 is about to check back in.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Checking scores... Michigan trying to hold off Wisconsin, up 6 in the 3rd. A loss here could put Michigan’s bid in some doubt.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I’m not a fan of the “our program is too good for the NIT” tack. Even if you think it’s true, just a bad look.

agreed.............if they have any confidence in their team they should want to win the other championship..................I would hope any b'ball player would prefer that to sitting in a dorm room............

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Yeah, I’m not a fan of the “our program is too good for the NIT” tack. Even if you think it’s true, just a bad look.

Well there are gonna be more schools that decline, well at least one more

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
agreed...if they have any confidence in their team they should want to win the other championship...I would hope any b'ball player would prefer that to sitting in a dorm room..

- I was watching a post-game interview with Michigan center Hallie Thome after the Wolverine's double OT win against over-achieving Wisconsin. And, I'm paraphrasing here, but the interviewer asked Thome about the game and she said that "It's March. You want to be on the floor." Yup.
(BTW, Thome was a delightful interview -- well-spoken and laughed freely.)

- For all the reasons the local Ga. writer brought up, why not the NIT? Young players who could use the tournament to get more minutes and play in one-and-done situations. Proper send-off(s) to hard-working seniors. (Go back to earlier point: players want to be on the floor.)

- Don't like this "...we just play for the WNCAA tourney" attitude. Virtually looking down one's nose. Coaches and administrators should try to stay humble.

- Only excuses (to me) is if your team is decimated by injuries and/or turmoil, like Ga. Tech's 'ramblin train wreck of a late season. And, interestingly enough, Ga. Tech may still exploring their options (based on the last ESPNw article I just read. Could see that going either way.)

Last year, Indiana used a WNIT victory to gain some prominence. Even though they were led by two now-graduated seniors, the coach cites that win as a confidence-builder for this year's team, which probably just clinched an NCAA bid with a win over Minnesota.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The SEC tournament has been freakin' awesome to watch all week!

Chelsea Dungee has propelled herself to WCBB stardom this week. She's kind of a Diana Taurasi type player who wills her team to success.

They may not have enough left to compete against Miss. St. tomorrow but she's made me a believer.

We get to watch her play another 2 years!

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
She is one of the players you DESPISE playing against but would love to have in your fox hole as she did everything and every trick to be effective. Not a fan of her style when she was healthy but respected her and wish nothing but the best for her. I also liked how Geno/Jose agreed to the bucket for her as she is a top player in Bulls WCBB legacy.
Beau geste!

Plebe

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Wasn't hard to see that one coming. Pellington seemed to be in Coale's doghouse all season long.

She's a very talented player. Many programs will be interested in her. With the right fit she can have a big impact.

I agree, she played a little to fast at times, but a season off to work on her game should do her wonders in the future.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I agree, she played a little to fast at times, but a season off to work on her game should do her wonders in the future.
Big 12 Freshman of the Year last year. So much promise and nothing to show for it since.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
And SEC Freshman of the year 2017 Dalecia Washington is leaving Florida.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I saw that article.... i knew Oklahoma was bad this season..... didnt know they finished 8-22 :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Just shooting from the hip here, but I have a wad of cash I'm ready to bet an announcement from Clemson is coming shortly :rolleyes:

Funny. Actually thought the same thing and almost added it :)

Reaction Score
I can remember before the NCAA tournament expanded to 32 teams when the NIT was pretty prestigious on the mens' side. In my opinion the NCAA has been detrimental to a lot of things in college athletics...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom