NON-Uconn WCBB News | Page 14 | The Boneyard

NON-Uconn WCBB News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I thought that Tech was poised for a possible return to the top 4 in the ACC next season... as they dont lose any player of consequence from this year's squad. Those two freshman they have are really really good..... and they have some good support pieces. Gonna be interesting to see how things turn out. Ive seen Joseph in person at ACC tourney and in various TV games. She is a bit.. intense :rolleyes:

they also have '19 point guard Alisha Lewis who stared at Long Island Lutheran last year coming in and she is going to be really good

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

well she is right..... Baylor and Texas arent natural rivals. Texas blood rival left to join the SEC earlier in the decade. Baylor's natural rival is more along the lines of TCU or SMU.

Reaction Score
well she is right..... Baylor and Texas arent natural rivals. Texas blood rival left to join the SEC earlier in the decade. Baylor's natural rival is more along the lines of TCU or SMU.

Is it also a rivalry if Baylor has won 14 of the last 15 meetings?

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Is it also a rivalry if Baylor has won 14 of the last 15 meetings?

I've never thought of this as a rivalry outside of maybe the last 3-4 years....Texas has never challenged Baylor at its peak, and Baylor was not relevant when Texas was strong back in the day. It is sort of like a Maryland/Ohio State relationship where both teams competed conference title contenders a few years but it was never a strong rivalry with anything significant on the line.

Reaction Score
For the fans, it is a rivalry. Baylor fans generally do not care for Texas at all, to put it mildly. So we get up a little extra for that one. Kim's point was that the players don't really look at it that way. They get up for it because Texas is generally the biggest competition in the conference, so they need to be extra focused. The players don't share in the disdain for their opponent like the fans do. Many of the players have known each other and the opposing coaches for a long time because of recruiting, so I think they are relatively friendly. There have been a few dustups, but that is kind of expected considering we have played 13 times in the last 5 seasons. Kim and the current players are mostly outsiders to the decades of animosity between the various Texas schools, so it's really just about the basketball.

Reaction Score
Just Watched a Vic presser where he expressed concern with the degree of fouling taking place against Big Tee. The last two games, Ole Miss and Vandy, the refs allowed some contact that I thought was excessive, I like physical play but deliberate fouls designed to take a player down should not be allowed. The refs need to call deliberate hard fouls as flagrant before serious injury occurs.

Reaction Score
The worst part isn't the physical play...it's the undercutting of her whenever she goes up for a rebound and lands on someone's back and almost always hits the floor. She's not the most graceful person to ever play Dr. Naismith's game, but she certainly has had alot of help to the floor recently.

It reminds me of the way the SEC officials allowed Shaq to get killed his last year at LSU. Dale Brown pitched a hissy fit in the media and it stopped some. I said on an MSU board over a month ago that Vic should consider doing this. It could backfire and him look petty or even like he's whining. But he has to take up for his player.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
It's about to get real in Hotlanta.. Real ugly :eek::eek:
Funny 1) She lawyered up so quickly 2) Her Lawyer using the "suspended" contrasted with the University using the words administrative leave.

Reaction Score
Just Watched a Vic presser where he expressed concern with the degree of fouling taking place against Big Tee. The last two games, Ole Miss and Vandy, the refs allowed some contact that I thought was excessive, I like physical play but deliberate fouls designed to take a player down should not be allowed. The refs need to call deliberate hard fouls as flagrant before serious injury occurs.
Maybe Brittney Griner needs to show her the Barncastle move. That'll get her a little space for a while...

Reaction Score
I expect MSST to do very well in the big dance. That optimism is due to the team play of McCowan and Howard. For the first time this season, in the LSU game, these two played together. These guys are gelling just in time, we are going to be a tough out in the SEC and NCAA tournament. Word to the wise, WATCH OUt FOR THE DAWGS!

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I expect MSST to do very well in the big dance. That optimism is due to the team play of McCowan and Howard. For the first time this season, in the LSU game, these two played together. These guys are gelling just in time, we are going to be a tough out in the SEC and NCAA tournament. Word to the wise, WATCH OUt FOR THE DAWGS!
How is this "news"?

Reaction Score
How is this "news"?
Will admit I have been concerned with the play of MSST in recent games against Ole Miss and Vandy because the obvious strategy was to clog up the middle and rough Big Tee up. That strategy appeared to work. MCCowan was obviously frustrated and Howard was trying so hard to pick up the play she was fouling way too much. Against LSU when Big Tee was double/triple teamed Howard immediately went to the basket for layup. If LSU switched to Howard the ball was immediately returned to Tee. Sounds simply and logical but in the past if the ball went inside to Tee she was taking the shot even if she was heavily guarded. Last year if Tee were heavily guarded she fed the outside shooters this year our outside shooting is not consistent and this year it appears Tee option is to look for Howard driving to basket.

Reaction Score
Some of my fellow MSU fans are making all MSU fans look bad. :eek:
BY...we're not all newbies to the women's game, nor are we all annoying.
I suppose this post was meant for me. I do not consider myself a newbie and did not mean my post to be annoying, but if it was then I apologize.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
I suppose this post was meant for me. I do not consider myself a newbie and did not mean my post to be annoying, but if it was then I apologize.
You're not at all annoying. Some people were just poking fun at your post because it wasn't really news and it was posted in a thread for news. Maybe if you started a thread on the SEC tournament and posted your opinion they wouldn't have commented on your content at all.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
You're not at all annoying. Some people were just poking fun at your post because it wasn't really news and it was posted in a thread for news. Maybe if you started a thread on the SEC tournament and posted your opinion they wouldn't have commented on your content at all.

577537915467d.image.jpg

Reaction Score
Actually, the moderators requested we not start a thread and post under the non UConn thread, that is why I posted here.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Attendance numbers (overall games) for the ACC this year:
  • ACC Mean (average): 3027
  • ACC Median (middle value): 2417
  • ACC Range (difference between largest and smallest): 8768
ACC Attendance numbers excluding Notre Dame and Louisville:
  • Mean (average): 2121
  • Median (middle value): 1717
  • Range (difference between largest and smallest): 2804
NOTES
  • In terms of total overall numbers, Notre Dame and Louisville accounted for 38.87 percent of ACC attendance this year.
  • Despite Duke's worst record since 1992-1993, the Blue Devils rank third in ACC attendance with 3883 per game (bolstered by a sellout crowd -- 9,314 -- against UNC in the season finale).
  • Miami, NC State, and Syracuse will all finish the regular season being ranked in the Top 25, yet collectively averaged 2322 fans per game.
ACC1.PNG

@triaddukefan , @willtalk , @EricLA , @ucbart

Reaction Score
Attendance numbers (overall games) for the ACC this year:
  • ACC Mean (average): 3027
  • ACC Median (middle value): 2417
  • ACC Range (difference between largest and smallest): 8768
ACC Attendance numbers excluding Notre Dame and Louisville:
  • Mean (average): 2121
  • Median (middle value): 1717
  • Range (difference between largest and smallest): 2804
NOTES
  • In terms of total overall numbers, Notre Dame and Louisville accounted for 38.87 percent of ACC attendance this year.
  • Despite Duke's worst record since 1992-1993, the Blue Devils rank third in ACC attendance with 3883 per game (bolstered by a sellout crowd -- 9,314 -- against UNC in the season finale).
  • Miami, NC State, and Syracuse will all finish the regular season being ranked in the Top 25, yet collectively averaged 2322 fans per game.
View attachment 40467
@triaddukefan , @willtalk , @EricLA , @ucbart
Thanks for sharing. There will always be a stigma between men and women college basketball. The thing that bothers me the most about the attendance of women college basketball is the students rarely attend the women games.

Obvious South Carolina, Tennessee, UConn, Notre Dame, Louisville and Baylor are exceptions to the rule.

One day someone will do a study on the gap in attendance between the men and women basketball teams in the Power 5 conferences plus UConn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom