NON-Uconn WCBB News | Page 11 | The Boneyard

NON-Uconn WCBB News

Status
Not open for further replies.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
She certainly does elevate on that shot. No one immediately comes to mind as far as females go. Now imma be looking all weekend long at other players jumpers :D

I only saw one highlight package of her in high school. This one here.

I watched her and Higgins win their high school state championship. What kind of career has Higgins had at USC?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I watched her and Higgins win their high school state championship. What kind of career has Higgins had at USC?

Not much of a career... she transferred to the University of Pacific after one year. Kinda funny in retrospect.... some people... even on here.... speculated that it would be Odom who would be the one transferring in college. :rolleyes:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Not much of a career... she transferred to the University of Pacific after one year. Kinda funny in retrospect.... some people... even on here.... speculated that it would be Odom who would be the one transferring in college. :rolleyes:

She's been solid at UoP. Gabby Green transferred from Cal to Loyola Marymount. There's some pretty good talent that trickles down from the Pac 12 to the WCC. Gonzaga has benefited from that a couple times at least in the past (Katelan Redmon from UW and Haiden Palmer from OSU-pre Rueck).

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
vs, TENN -- not exactly stats stuffing, but starting.
1549856542104.png

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
View attachment 39479
What is your point? She's gone of her volition and did not leave under good terms. If you want to reminisce about "fond" UConn player, post some threads about Courtney Ekmark and how she is starting for good ASU team. That's something we could all rally around.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Their starters played a whole lot of minutes; will that hurt them in the SEC Tournament?

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Good terms, bad terms....
Not a whole lot to choose between them.
The reality of a UConn experience isn't for everyone
and both sides make mistakes in the recruitment process.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
View attachment 39479

She's replacing Bibby who was lost due to an ACL. AEH looks to be in a better rhythm now that she's getting longer minutes, but there's no question she's a downgrade from Bibby. Her (and Howard) being able to consistently hit from deep will be crucial for Mississippi State's success.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
What's the point??????????????????????????????????????????????
Please stop?
I was wondering when this topic would surface.
Now put it to bed.

There have been several posts on this board concerning former UCONN players who have transferred to another college. Apparently people want to know about them. This was an informational post for those who want to know. Other players have left UCONN and started at other colleges. It is no big deal ... well to the players it is. I suggest you place your head back into the sand or where ever it usual is. :rolleyes:;)

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
What is your point? She's gone of her volition and did not leave under good terms. If you want to reminisce about "fond" UConn player, post some threads about Courtney Ekmark and how she is starting for good ASU team. That's something we could all rally around.

It is inevitable that people will keep an eye on her. And the "sneezing" posts are way down. Nothing wrong with an occasional look at how she's doing IMO. But, like @Plebe, I don't want her to become our next girl who pitched in the LLWS and got a call from Geno. That became years of really annoying posts about every time she sneezed. No, I won't mention her name. I haven't forgotten it, just refuse to say it.

AS to AEH against Tenn, I have only seen two MSU games this year and either she was often out of position or Vic has a very complex offensive scheme.

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score
If the box score is accurate, I'd be more concerned about 0 rebounds and 0 assists in 32 minutes

Rebounds don't really concern me since State has two of the better rebounders in the country inside, so not a lot to go around.

Her shot was off today and it just wasn't a great game for her, but she worked hard on D and the 0 TO's is huge in Vic's world. He hates TO's and she's improving in that area. The best sign that she's starting to get it is that she got 32 minutes. There are players on the bench who can take those minutes if Vic was unhappy with her.

Reaction Score
Can only wish AEH the best at MSTU. As we have seen, on a number of occasions, UCONN is not everyone's "Cup of Tea". (Although it would be very interesting to see both schools going 1 and 2 out of the Albany Region. If they met, how would Geno comment on AEH [or say nothing] and what would AEH say about Geno [or say nothing]

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I wish her well but I would have preferred that she was a little more gracious about her departure. I think that's the reason many here don't extend to her the same goodwill they do for other departures.

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score
I wish her well but I would have preferred that she was a little more gracious about her departure. I think that's the reason many here don't extend to her the same goodwill they do for other departures.

I am in no way trying to prolong this thread, because I understand these threads annoy some BYers, but how was she not gracious? Honest question. I don't know many of the details and she has a reputation as a great teammate and worker at State.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I am in no way trying to prolong this thread, because I understand these threads annoy some BYers, but how was she not gracious? Honest question. I don't know many of the details and she has a reputation as a great teammate and worker at State.
Check your PM.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I believe if both AEH and Geno could have done things over, things said by both would not have been said. It was like a bad marriage realized just shortly after the ceremony. Sometimes the chemistry isn't there. Glad to see AEH and Vic working so we'll together.

Reaction Score
I don't think that the original post was obsessive. The poster was simply making the point that she has cracked the lineup of a very good team. I don't think we will ever really know why she decided to leave...but we do know that HCGA didn't have the usual "we wish her the best" statement when she did leave.

Reaction Score
I don't think that the original post was obsessive. The poster was simply making the point that she has cracked the lineup of a very good team. I don't think we will ever really know why she decided to leave...but we do know that HCGA didn't have the usual "we wish her the best" statement when she did leave.
UConn Women’s Basketball Freshman Andra Espinoza-Hunter to Transfer
The UConn women’s basketball team is losing a member of its talented freshman class as Andra Espinoza-Hunter has left the program, the team announced on Friday. No reason was given for her departure.
“I have enjoyed getting to know Andy and her family,” Head coach Geno Auriemma said. “Everyone at UConn wishes Andy all the best as she continues her college career elsewhere.”

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger