Non-UConn Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
.....What? :eek:

5a6154a516e4c.image.jpg

No other explanation needed

Reaction Score
How many scholarships you guys have available?

3-4

Only have one kid committed. Remaining targets are Elauna Eaton, Leilani Kapinus, Treasure Thompson, then a bunch of JUCO kids. We missed out on the local 5 star player in the state to Tulane.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
3-4

Only have one kid committed. Remaining targets are Elauna Eaton, Leilani Kapinus, Treasure Thompson, then a bunch of JUCO kids. We missed out on the local 5 star player in the state to Tulane.
Well good luck to you guys.

Well, not on Nov. 24th though. ;)

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
These freshman BIGs were the stars of the game today. I'm not sure why Hailey Van Lith wouldn't want 3 years with these ladies:
Doesn't Baylor have a bunch of bigs as well? I can't really see Mulkey switching to a mostly perimeter oriented attack.

LoTrader: I thought OSU's frosh bigs looked fine, particularly when there was a lot of triangulated passing from the elbow down, resulting in lay-ups, put backs, etc. As they continue to work with each other and get more experience, they'll be a load.

But that underscores my gut: Hailey Van Lith loves to take it to the hoop and navigating the redwoods is not a direct route! :rolleyes: Now if she wants to become an assist leader, perhaps, but Hailey Van Lith loves to look at that rim.

Ditto for Baylor, nwhoopfan...I'm with you.

Walz has always given his stars some leeway to be themselves (see Shoni, Angel, Asia). It's one of the reasons why I could see Hailey Van Lith in Louisville. (Distance from home is one reason why not...)

Last edited:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Hailey Van Lith....thoughts on her having a top 8, but only taking 4 official visits?

The Van Lith list going around was put out in February. Whatever her visits are, those are likely her final schools.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I don't really get this either. Doesn't Baylor have a bunch of bigs as well? I can't really see Mulkey switching to a mostly perimeter oriented attack. All of their Championship teams were powered by post players.
After this season the only bigs we’ll have are nalyssa smith, queen egbo, and Hannah gusters.

Reaction Score
Oh, poor Baylor. I'll see if I can work up some sympathy. :rolleyes:
Haha it’s not my fault Kim Mulkey made a recruitment pitch to other bigs when we won our 3rd championship back in April lol

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Haha it’s not my fault Kim Mulkey made a recruitment pitch to other bigs when we won our 3rd championship back in April lol

3 is a bit thin for a post rotation, but 4 is fine. Mulkey has been working the grad transfer market in recent years, we have no idea who will be available after the '19-'20 season. '20 HS recruiting cycle isn't over either. I think the odds of Baylor adding 1 more post by next season are fairly good. Anyway you have the quality over quantity thing going for you.

Reaction Score
3 is a bit thin for a post rotation, but 4 is fine. Mulkey has been working the grad transfer market in recent years, we have no idea who will be available after the '19-'20 season. '20 HS recruiting cycle isn't over either. I think the odds of Baylor adding 1 more post by next season are fairly good. Anyway you have the quality over quantity thing going for you.
True! I’m hopeful we’ll add some more people for 2020

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I like how you worked in a total non-sequitur there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom