Non-UConn Recruiting Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
She did have a good summer but she did not dominate the EYBL by any stretch. Boo Williams team finished 9th at Nationals. A “dominating player” would lead her team to a higher finish. She did have good stats, but I thought she was still inconsistent. And her biggest challenge in college will be her height of course. It’s hard for the smaller PGs. They become limited to one role and all the flashy things she can get away with in pre-college ball she won’t be able to do in college. Unfortunately two of four entire scouting services with multiple occasions to watch her think that she’s not top 25.

In Lexi Donarski’s case it is only one service so there is a better argument for her being top 25. But she didn’t play EYBL so it’s hard to know versus the weaker competition.

Nationals is a weekend event but you failed to mention her team winning the Louisville session and coming in second in Hampton? To each is own I guess...

Reaction Score
Nationals is a weekend event but you failed to mention her team winning the Louisville session and coming in second in Hampton? To each is own I guess...

How teams do in those tourneys is not reflective of the nationals. Consider Philly Belles this year winning Indy but having an average team at best. Average for the Philly Belles of course. The tourneys are like league play all just for seeding in the tourney.

But to be clear I’m not saying she’s a bad player! She is really really good, she’s in a really deep class though. I’d say she’s in the #30 - #40 range for her class.

And “to each his own” would include two very reliable scouting services AND a majority of college coaches. Would the number 6 ranked player in the country be entertaining committing to Rutgers, NC State, Boston College and Virginia? If she “dominated” the best prep girls basketball players in the world this summer where are the top 25 schools? Why aren’t those coaches coming after her? I doubt her South Carolina offer is even something still in play. Dawn knows she’ll never play over Cooke. If Diamond goes to SC she’ll never play and transfer within two years.

Again, not saying she’s not good. And maybe she will surprise me in college. Be the next Chennedy Carter. But I don’t think so, two major services don’t think so, and a majority of top 25 college coaches don’t think so. But to each his own I guess.

Reaction Score
Tess Darby to TN

Attachments

• 6D4680B4-B56F-424A-B26A-B16DB4741DA3.png
    6D4680B4-B56F-424A-B26A-B16DB4741DA3.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 53
Reaction Score
That is two top recruits who visited Tennessee then completely dropped them from the finalists list. Not a good start for Harper on the recruiting trail.

Reaction Score
I wonder if she has eliminated more schools, but as that was The Chatanoogan, they only reported/knew about her dropping Tennessee.

Louisville’s Jody Demling thinks its down to ND and Louisville, and likely ND.

Would be a heck of a class for Muffet if she gets Clark and Westbeld, especially since it was just a week or two ago she was “falling off.”

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score

Has to be. Jeff and his staff have made this closer than it should be. Maybe there's a little bit of not wanting to be in her sister's shadow going on, but this should be a no-brainer.

Reaction Score
Has to be. Jeff and his staff have made this closer than it should be. Maybe there's a little bit of not wanting to be in her sister's shadow going on, but this should be a no-brainer.
I’m surprised Jeff is making such a push. Demling says they’ll take one more 2020, and they could really use a PG in Andrews or Hailey Van Lith.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I’m surprised Jeff is making such a push. Demling says they’ll take one more 2020, and they could really use a PG in Andrews or Hailey Van Lith.

He's probably no better than 2nd place for all 3 and will push hard to pick up one of them. I doubt he's pushing harder for Westbeld than the other two. I suppose Kianna Smith could play PG which she did as a freshman at Cal.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I wonder if she has eliminated more schools, but as that was The Chatanoogan, they only reported/knew about her dropping Tennessee.

Would be a heck of a class for Muffet if she gets Clark and Westbeld, especially since it was just a week or two ago she was “falling off.”

You're right regarding Clark. There were rumors (obviously proved wrong) that Clark wasn't going to take her OV. That obviously happened and the ND coaching staff brought in the "reinformcements": not only were verbals Alli Campbell and Nat Marshall present, but a lot of recent alums dropped by, from newly hired staff member Kayla McBride and Nat Achonwa to Mabrey best buddy Hannah Huffman and, voila, one Kat Westbeld (on break from Spain).

I saw a taped interview of Maddy when she was a sophomore and, even then, she mentioned a lot of the other finalists before acknowledging that Notre Dame was a huge presence in her life.
Kat has made no secret about how much she loved attending and representing the institution. And MM has made no secret about how much Westbeld meant to her, both on the floor and in the locker room.

We'll see: like UConnCat says, perhaps Maddy' s considering taking her own path. But I think Maddy could carve out her own place at ND, as well. At least this fan hopes so: Her ability to space the floor offensively, while her willingness and ability to play defense inside and rebound is just what the doctor ordered for that forward/high post role MM loves to use. (Please if not ND, anywhere but Louisville! :rolleyes::eek: Glad to hear that Jeff has other needs, as well. ;) )

Reaction Score
He's probably no better than 2nd place for all 3 and will push hard to pick up one of them. I doubt he's pushing harder for Westbeld than the other two. I suppose Kianna Smith could play PG which she did as a freshman at Cal.
Do you think both Andrews and Van Lith are headed to Baylor (both visiting there together later this month)? Would be an interesting back court combo.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Do you think both Andrews and Van Lith are headed to Baylor (both visiting there together later this month)? Would be an interesting back court combo.

I don't know about Andrews. I do know the Louisville staff believed at one time that Baylor led for Hailey Van Lith. Sure would be interesting. I wonder if Mr VL will move to Waco.

Reaction Score
Does anyone know how many Official Visits Hailey Van Lith has remaining?

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Fatou Samb, ranked #53 in HG out of Westside HS in Houston, TX, has committed to Cal.

The other schools in her top 5 were Harvard, Northwestern, Rice and Wake Forest.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Fatou Samb, ranked #53 in HG out of Westside HS in Houston, TX, has committed to Cal.

The other schools in her top 5 were Harvard, Northwestern, Rice and Wake Forest.

Interesting. All fine schools and all geographically diverse. She chose the West Coast entrant (and the one public school among them).
Good luck to her.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Does anyone know how many Official Visits Hailey Van Lith has remaining?

Has she visited anywhere yet? For a girl who is so popular on social media she sure is hard to figure out what’s going on? ESPN reported she’s down to four schools but no visits yet? Baylor later this month? Is that confirmed? Baylor seems all in on Andrews though, so how much interest is there? She played USA for Walz so Louisville in mix. Is UCLA or Oregon really options? UCLA has 2019 guards and not likely a National contender, and Oregon even fuller of guards and does not have any scholarships available.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Has she visited anywhere yet? For a girl who is so popular on social media she sure is hard to figure out what’s going on? ESPN reported she’s down to four schools but no visits yet? Baylor later this month? Is that confirmed? Baylor seems all in on Andrews though, so how much interest is there? She played USA for Walz so Louisville in mix. Is UCLA or Oregon really options? UCLA has 2019 guards and not likely a National contender, and Oregon even fuller of guards and does not have any scholarships available.

Andrews is at Lousville, as I type, taking an OV.

Reaction Score
She has visited both UCLA and Louisville, as was stated in the ESPN article. She is visiting Baylor later this month with Andrews.

Not safe to say Oregon does not have any scholarships without noting that they have a pair of redshirt juniors in Yaeger and Giomi, neither of which has had much impact.

Reaction Score
I’ll be very, very interested to see the signing class rankings on November 13th, particularly if the Irish land Clark and UConn lands Edwards.

If that happens:
—Notre Dame’s average would be 26
—Oregon’s average is 20
—UConn’s isn’t quite as easy to calculate with Piath not a top-100 player, and Muhl being an international.
—Baylor could put together a monster class if they land both Andrews and Van Lith, and possibly Hunt.

Last edited:

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
She has visited both UCLA and Louisville, as was stated in the ESPN article. She is visiting Baylor later this month with Andrews.

Not safe to say Oregon does not have any scholarships without noting that they have a pair of redshirt juniors in Yaeger and Giomi, neither of which has had much impact.

According to this composite, Oregon has the #9, #10, #11, #21, and #25 recruits coming in the fall of 2020, with 2 of those likely (or possibly) point guards (Scherr at #9 and PaoPao at #21) and another who is a #2 guard or wing (Parrish at #11). Jaz Shelley, another highly rated guard (from Australia), arrived this fall, and there is another talented (imo) guard on the roster (Taylor Chavez), who will be a junior next season. And unless one of the reshirt juniors desides to forego her senior year (perhaps Yaeger given her back issues), I think Prince's transfer filled the last slot available. But even if there will be a scholarship available, it's difficult for me to imagine that there is a need for another guard, or even that Van Lith would be interested, given the roster she would be joining. But I suppose stranger things have happened.

Reaction Score
— Treasure Hunt’s Mississippi State visit has been cancelled - she will choose between Kentucky, Auburn, SC, and Baylor.
— Sarah Andrews will be visiting Louisville this weekend.

Treasure Hunt missing on a great opportunity not having one or both of these schools to choose from; :rolleyes:

1571649615866.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger